Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 71,270 times)

Stalker

I watched the multiplayer video, not really that interested. It just looks generic honestly, but I guess I'll have to wait until I see the Alien side of the gameplay before I can really judge.

Sexy Poot

Im seeing smooth headed drones in there. Probably what they mean by xeno soldier and scout. Soldier = warrior and scout = drone. Friggin awesome.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Awesome.  Still not too much video-wise, but those graphics look just insanely gorgeous.  Seeing the cryotubes in the Sulaco was nice, as well as dat Smartgun...  it looks great.  I still like the little touch of having to hold the motion tracker, makes it feel closer to the marines' behavior in the film.

CoD-style hit markers, too, which I think are great as you know when you've tagged a xeno or not from farther distances.

Edit - Just read multiplayer preview from The Guardian... and oh my god.  The weapon descriptions were great, two types of pulse rifles (if I read correctly) submachine guns, shotguns, flamethrowers, all with 4 different weapon slots for customization.

Two different xeno types so far: warriors and "lurkers" which are lower-health, higher agility.  Unlockable "special" Alien in the match, which reminds me of the Queen molt (pumps fist) and doesn't really bother me one bit...  Let's see what other goodness did we have there?

XP and cash for assists and kills.  This is just friggin awesome, and tells me that the game will have much more of a multiplayer component than its' AvP predecessors did (AvP2 being exception.)  Aliens have 6 custom slots, with third-person control to limit puke factor.  That may be a great idea that I didn't really think about... nice one GBX, but I hope you can switch it to first-person if you want, for us old school Alien players. :laugh:

Overall, I'm excited as hell, and have seen enough to keep me happy.  Thanks everyone involved.

Prime113

:'( So much f**k yea right now. Its looking so awesome.

Predaker

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 01:40:45 PM
Press E to earn instant kill? You never played AvP 2010?
I remember that but I did not see it in this game. I must have missed it! Thanks.

WinterActual

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 04, 2012, 02:31:34 PM
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 01:40:45 PM
Press E to earn instant kill? You never played AvP 2010?
I remember that but I did not see it in this game. I must have missed it! Thanks.
Watch the MP trailer. You will see how 3 players get pounced on at once. Its hilarious  ;D

RagingDragon

From Gamereactor preview:

QuoteWe then went hands-on with the competitive multiplayer, which borrows heavily from Valve's Left 4 Dead.

So freaking thrilled about this, especially since many of us have been talking about it on the boards.  Just nice to hear.

Nero the Jackal

The aliens themselves look much better than the ones in the avp 2010 game but sadly, they still walk on all fours despite being human-spawned and their legs are dog-alien like instead of humanoid, this is what they looked like in the movie aliens.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYWlQAWLWUwrtgI3J-sjfz1uvmduPOeaPOvFKM3rEWmFs32-hsVQ
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plasticfetish/3653200392/#in/photostream/
but as long as the game's story and gameplay are brilliant then i am ok with it. Though i still like to know how the hell is the complex still standing.

Prime113

Oh my gosh, the single player is going to be so cinematic. Boarding the Sulaco, retracing Hicks and his squads steps in Hadley's Hope plus exploring new areas of it, going to the Derelict and seeing the Space Jockey. Gonna be so. f**king. Sweeeet!

The MP looks pretty good so far, though I couldn't tell if it was like a Gears of War Horde Mode style or if it was a true MP.

Corporate Merc

HOLY SHIT!!! man this looks awsome, simply cannot wait for this. It looks like every alien fans dream come to life, from the pulse rifle (nice iron sights there) to the alien models, enviroments and everything really. Man sooo stoked for this .

RagingDragon

Another great bit from the Gamespy article that directly talks about an issue important to many:

QuoteAnother mystery will be how new alien types will be introduced, such as the Stalkers that appeared in the demo of Colonial Marines. Watching them move around, jump off walls, and hide behind pillars reminded me of that first Spider Splicer encountered at the beginning of BioShock. This is a contrast to the Soldier variety (the traditional xenomorphs from Aliens) that will attack you directly in greater numbers. Even though Gearbox could create a dozen different alien variants, they'll still need to scare us, and that won't happen if the same alien pops out at the same spot every time. If that happens, Colonial Marines could easily become Alien Shooting Range. I asked Burleson how they intend to prevent that.

"Actually, the environments are pretty dynamic," says Burleson. "Depending where you're at or what you've been doing, xenos will pop in and out. They don't necessarily want to die, and they are smart, and they will get out of the scene as you're trying to blow away their friends. They avoid the spots where their friends have died, so their pathing changes depending on where you killed one of them. So yeah, your experience changes depending on where you shoot the xenos, and also when you bring your friends in, it changes that experience. But if it's important for the narrative, there will be some consistency, but in most of the environments this will be dynamic."

Sounds like we'll have a linear story with some path choices and different xeno spawn points.  That sounds good enough for me, especially if the multiplayer is as solid and well-balanced as it appears to already be...

The bold line in particular made me pee a bit.

@Prime, I think everyone played an 8 on 8 team deathmatch, and GBX controlled the aliens.

Prime113

Ahh. I see. Then, that looked pretty cool, too. I can't wait to pwn get pwned by some of you guys.  :laugh:

I'm more in favor of a linear, cinematic story. That's just me.

GOD. I'm so f**king excited right now, guys. Holy Shit. I just watched all the videos in a row. Son of a bitch this is gonna be great.

Le Celticant

The Aliens seems to "look" better than AVP2010, but their animations are so so so horrible compared to it. Happily it is wip.
disappointed anyway  :-\

Predaker

This looks so much better than the E3 demo 2011. I am very excited!  :D

The graphics look great and while the animations are not polished, I wouldn't worry. They really are still working on the game and I feel confident that the finished product will be even better than this.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Apr 04, 2012, 02:59:46 PM
The aliens themselves look much better than the ones in the avp 2010 game but sadly, they still walk on all fours despite being human-spawned and their legs are dog-alien like instead of humanoid, this is what they looked like in the movie aliens.http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYWlQAWLWUwrtgI3J-sjfz1uvmduPOeaPOvFKM3rEWmFs32-hsVQ
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plasticfetish/3653200392/#in/photostream/
but as long as the game's story and gameplay are brilliant then i am ok with it. Though i still like to know how the hell is the complex still standing.
yeah that's killing me too. I though GB was gonna respect the old classic alien warrior too, and well..., you said everything already, and I add to your post how pathetically small the aliens are. It is really sad GB (like evrybody before them) sacrifice the imposing size of the human born alien just in the name of the balance, which is completely retarded because the aliens could be as huge as they always were (in the past) and still be deadly. Also, the one that is supposed to be the Giger's alien being even smaller and weaker (this mini-alien stalker)..., well, fail.

The game is looking nice, but those incredibly small aliens are a huge let down once more, to the point It affects very seriously the scary/imposing factor of, not only the aliens but the overall game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed