Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 70,868 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: tacksoap on Apr 05, 2012, 01:33:38 AM

and F*** me the score is awful
like b movie grade cheeseness :{
hope this was like a test to see how music fits into gameplay cause that was just pathetic
The music was from avp, too!!!
You know they won't be using it unless you're talking about a different part then what I'm thinking of. Watch the old old trailer and have your faith restored.

Not much, but definitely something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY7yFMEk-c#ws

Predaker

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Apr 05, 2012, 01:45:47 AM
Quote from: tacksoap on Apr 05, 2012, 01:33:38 AM

and F*** me the score is awful
like b movie grade cheeseness :{
hope this was like a test to see how music fits into gameplay cause that was just pathetic
The music was from avp, too!!!
You know they won't be using it unless you're talking about a different part then what I'm thinking of. Watch the old old trailer and have your faith restored.

Not much, but definitely something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY7yFMEk-c#ws
That is better than the original demo I saw. thanks for sharing lol

I am ready for this game!  :D

newbeing

newbeing

I'm going to guess like the voice over the music is placeholder. The composer for the game Kevin Riepl (Gears of War) only tweeted a week or so ago that he was in the process of getting the orchestra ready to record his score.

kevinrieplmusic ‏ @kevinrieplmusic
Quoteprepping all my music from back in 2007-08-09 that was written for a certain xeno game. need to get ALL ready for orch...VERY SOON

kevinrieplmusic ‏ @kevinrieplmusic
Quoteit is rampin' up baby. orchestra dates set and everything. that notable 'ping' is getting closer and closer! #ACM @gearboxsoftware
12:59 PM - 28 Mar 12

I feel like having an actual score will probably improve the overall mood in the game.

Xeno Killer 2179

It'll definitely help. Dead space with music off is like playing a ****ed up version of resident evil 5 that's hard to see.

Xenomorphine

While apparently still in progress, all I can do is judge what we have now before us.

Liked the fluidity of the graphics, but of course, there's no way to tell what peoples' individual experiences with their own system shall be.

Canon looks to be in a relatively tattered state: Blue motion tracker contacts for friends and reds for unknowns? Why not have it like the film portrayed? Filtering away friendlies and only showing unknowns. Likewise - why in the world are handguns able to kill Aliens? For all the hyping about supposedly being authentic, these two points are glaringly obvious.

I realise the handguns thing is an artificial balancer, but all they have to do is design the product around a sufficient number of squad-mates able to cue their weapons on a target in front of you when you need to reload. At best, a handgun could be portrayed as giving disorientation - only ever lethal when at point-blank range and giving repeated hits (yes, this would up the difficulty considerably; but that way you realise the whole point of why you'd need a lot of squad mates with you and why guns versus Aliens isn't the radically awesome experience so many fan-boys dream about).

Pulse rifle sounds need replacing.

Aliens need to stop sounding like frogs upon dying.

The 'boss' Alien is horrid. There was never any reason for it and seeing it in action makes it look like an absolute waste of development time on an unnecessary character. It just slowly bounds around like a buffalo with sharp teeth.

Stock animations need diversity. At one point, three Colonial Marines were on the floor, trying to fend off Aliens and all their 'flailing around' animations seemed to synchronise up perfectly.

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 04, 2012, 06:46:02 PM
Newbeing, you should say this to the guy who was planing to play the game with his deadly sick friend who even didn't make it to the release so they will never be able to play the game together. There is no such thing as healthy delay. Broken game can be patched you know ;)

While that is rather tragic, what you say at the end makes no business sense. A literally broken game will do little more than gain apathy, at best. Massively negative review scores, severely lacking sales and even potential lawsuits, at worst.

Your friend would have only been in for severe disappointment and frustration if all you did was try to play a glitch-ridden mess together.

JayHy17

this is the game we've all been waiting for.   

WinterActual

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 04, 2012, 10:48:22 PM

I'm sorry but it looks exactly like AVP2010 in a way:
-Can't interrupt "Trophy Kill" same in A:CM when an Alien grabs you, you can fire as much as you want but it won't die
Actually you can. ChrisF confirmed it.

MicroN

The pulse rifle sound is driving me up the f**king wall just watching the mp trailer. And the aliens are invulnerable while killing someone? Smartgun muzzle flash looks like its been done in MS Paint.

Hope these things will change before release.

[T)A]DarkDragon

zomg!!!

aliens vs marines multiplayer!

i hope theirs a survival mode like in avp2.

the graphics look nice, better than i expected.
only thing this game needs is predators.

must agree though, the e-grab needs to go. especially because it seems the aliens are invincible while in the animation.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: MicroN on Apr 05, 2012, 06:54:53 AM
Smartgun muzzle flash looks like its been done in MS Paint.
If I had spent more time learning about older rendering techniques, I might be able to say with confidence that they're using sprites for filler.

Basically a 2D image always oriented towards you if I understand correctly. Same thing happened when we saw the first gameplay over half a year ago--except it was with the aliens' blood, which is 3d now, but looks very messy still.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: [T)A]DarkDragon on Apr 05, 2012, 07:27:34 AM

O f**k NO

O f**k NO

WinterActual

NO!!!!!! The game is called ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES for a god damn reason. Go away with this childish preds. No one likes them. In the movie they are fine but in every game they are op. In AvP games the most played modes are the ones with aliens vs marines only.

QuoteAsk anyone about the old Aliens vs. Predator PC shooter and a strange trend emerges; discussion surrounding the Predator is almost nonexistent. Tension between the Marine and Alien teams brought about unforgettable stories for the water cooler.

THIS!!!!

Le Celticant

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Apr 05, 2012, 09:15:58 AM

NO!!!!!! The game is called ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES for a god damn reason. Go away with this childish preds. No one likes them. In the movie they are fine but in every game they are op. In AvP games the most played modes are the ones with aliens vs marines only.

QuoteAsk anyone about the old Aliens vs. Predator PC shooter and a strange trend emerges; discussion surrounding the Predator is almost nonexistent. Tension between the Marine and Alien teams brought about unforgettable stories for the water cooler.

THIS!!!!

Yet the two best game of both licenses are?
AVP and AVP2  :D (yeah yeah my tastes and colors, but as Kant said, the beauty if universal.  ;D )
And Predator wasn't good in every game because the developer never caught the spirit of it with the gameplay it deserves as a stealthy hunter.
I strongly advise you to play AJL Mod Release 3.0 a mod for AVP2 which give justice to Predator and the way it should be played.

Quotethis is the game we've all been waiting for.   
No:
A smartgun that track through walls, a Stealth kill animation that can't be stopped, inaccurate things to the ALIENS universe while Gearbox claim to want it as perfect as possible while doing the worse mistakes ever (because previous game did okay like MT or even repeated the same mistake all over again and again and again in every game such as pulse rifle sound)
When AVP2010 cames out EVERYBODY was laming about this and now when it is in A:CM, it's like "oh we forgive you gearbox, you just did the most broken gameplay thing again but it's fine, we accept it since it is from you and you said you want to please alien fans and be as close as the original as possible" just like Paul anderson said for AVP, like the Strause brother did for AVP requiem or Rebellion who was saying they are true to source material.

The only thing I've expected from all the games was a SDK.
And only AVP and AVP2 had one release.

One day, I hope you'll learn from your mistakes... honestly.

Nero the Jackal

Quotewhy in the world are handguns able to kill Aliens?

Because they can, remember vasquez?  :laugh: handguns have been in all games if i recall and while difficult to kill an alien with, it is possible.

[USCM]Winter

[USCM]Winter

Gearbox upgraded many things from E3 demo.
And look at that graphic details. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed