Alien 5 release date?

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 08, 2015, 10:35:17 PM

Author
Alien 5 release date? (Read 4,935 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

When do you think Fox will release Alien 5? I hope for a 2017 release date as the earliest date as possible but 2017 seems like it's starting to get full up for major movies. This is what 2017 has in plan so far:

March 2017: The Wolverine 2, Kong: Skull Island and Allegiant Part 2
April 2017: Pacific Rim 2 and Ghost in the Shell
May 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Lego Batman: The Movie
June 2017: Toy Story 4, Wonder Woman and Despicable Me 3
July 2017: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Planet of the Apes 3 and Marvel Spider-Man reboot
November 2017: Thor 3, The Grinch and Justice League Part One

I think August or October might work. I don't want the movie to be over shadowed by other films.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

He's said three years. That makes it 2018 or, depending on circumstances, 2019.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

November 2016?

aliennaire

aliennaire

Prometheus 2 is supposed to hit the screen in March 2016, so perhaps Alien 5 will see the light in February 2017?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Prometheus 2 is not coming out in March 2016. There's no filming happening anytime soon. I still hope for a 2017 release date since it will be more closer now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect it until 2017/2018. Just my personal expectations.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

With preproduction already apparently starting?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If preproduction starts now there could potentially be a 2017 release, dey depending on when it starts shooting and whether or not Prometheus 2's schedule affects it, but I'm more inclined to lean towards 2018.

Murfy426

Murfy426

As long as it isn't any longer than late 2017/18 I don't think the community could wait that long without creating ten of our own versions of alien 5 in our heads lol its pretty much what is happening the now. for me the real anticipation will be when the first teaser trailer hits cinemas like when I saw the first AVP trailer I was smiling and giggling like a schoolboy through the whole movie......................... cant even remember what the movie was but I remember the teaser lol

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

They are rebooting spider-man again? I quess its to be expected when Sony keeps screwing the films up. Sony = another version of Fox

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 02:27:17 PM
They are rebooting spider-man again? I quess its to be expected when Sony keeps screwing the films up. Sony = another version of Fox

Only FOX's X-Men has been incredible so far.
Plus they disowned Origins lol

And Sony's new Spider-Man will be in the MCU.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Don't know why, Wolverine was a good film, the other one wasn't though.

Jarac

Jarac

Summer/Fall 2018 at the latest, especially if they start pre-production now. Then they can roll over into production during the summer. 2017 would be devoted to production, while the end of 2017 and the roll-over into 2018 would be post-production. I think a 2019 release date would be way too late.

Close Encounters

Close Encounters

Well, if we look at Blomkamp's previous 2 films:

Elysium- Bought by Sony in January 2011 based on concept art, though I'm not in what state the script was in. Production began in July 2011. Originally set for a release date in late 2012, but reshoots were still happening as late as October that year, so the release date was pushed back to March 2013, then into August 2013. Lots of delays in that film. And during the latter part of post-production,Blomkamp did some work on CHAPPIE(sort of like he did with Alien 5)

CHAPPIE- Filming began in October 2013, completed in February 2014 with reshoots done in April. Movie was released in March 2015.

So figure with Alien 5 we have at least 6-10 months of pre-production, 4-5 months of shooting and a year of post-production, given previous Blomkamp films. So about February-July 2017 for production to be complete, I'm going to guess Alien 5 will hit theaters in late-summer/early-fall 2017, though the studio may decide to delay its release into a better release slot in 2018.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 09, 2015, 02:35:24 PM
Don't know why, Wolverine was a good film, the other one wasn't though.

You got it the other way round I think.

Origins is ACM quality.

The Wolverine, especially the extended cut is a brilliant film with real depth and a sense of history that hasn't stirred in a film for me since Gran Turino. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed