654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 464,282 times)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 01, 2010, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 12:06:55 PM
And absolutely everyone has who's had their hands on the AvP franchise has preferred Predators.

Are you sure, Alex? :-\
I would not want to be preferred in this way. No way... :-\
so u like the aliens huh?
the profile pic is misleading then..... >:(

keylight-di

keylight-di

I love both sides of this equation. Fairly. Justly.
Don't think the appearances, Rahul, it's misleading ... ;)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Either way, taking a side doesn't mean you have to judge unfairly.

I prefer Aliens.

Doesn't mean I can't see the strengths of the Predators and the appeal they hold to others.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 12:33:32 PM

I prefer Aliens.

Doesn't mean I can't see the strengths of the Predators and the appeal they hold to others.
Point ...but I(atleast)...dont "choose a side" without reason...
why do u think Schumacher has more fans...?he's the best!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Given how heavily the Alien canon and core concept is subverted in almost everything to do with AvP, "best" and "worst" aren't measurable, even if there was ever a true outcome to be had.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:15:35 PM

I prefer Aliens.

Nope, Rahul. ;)
Loving Preds is easier. It's simple, doesn't need thinking.
Not as much as Xenos, which require effort and a deep understanding of philosophy. Number of fans doesn't prove anything. Choices of the masses are always random.  ;) And it's not statistically reliable sample.  ;)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 01:20:08 PM
Given how heavily the Alien canon and core concept is subverted in almost everything to do with AvP, "best" and "worst" aren't measurable, even if there was ever a true outcome to be had.
"best" didn't apply on a/p...but on schumacher.. :)
Cooler, stronger, and having brain would!! ;)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 01, 2010, 01:20:27 PM

I prefer Aliens.

Nope, Rahul. ;)
Not as much as Xenos, which require effort and a deep understanding of philosophy. Number of fans doesn't prove anything. Choices of the masses are always random.  ;) And it's not statistically reliable sample.  ;)
uh....easier ..? yes! ;)
number of fans ..? i thought the aliens have more ..right?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:24:27 PM

Cooler? Debatable. Entirely subjective.

Stronger? Aliens win this one by a significant margin.

Having a brain? Aliens have worked out how to set traps and use human technology at hours old. One Alien cut the power to a human installation at three weeks old. Spike blew out candles, because he knew it'd lure his prey in closer.

You see the Aliens as disposable cannon fodder for the Predators. This is not the case at all.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:27:48 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 01, 2010, 01:20:27 PM

I prefer Aliens.

Nope, Rahul. ;)
uh....easier ..? yes! ;)
number of fans ..? i thought the aliens have more ..right?

In this site? Not exactly. See above  - poll:
Aliens 309
Preds 350
Not numbers are important, but... quality. ;)
And this, what we can find in both AvP has nothing to do with any quality. :-\

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 01:31:50 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:24:27 PM

Cooler? Debatable. Entirely subjective.
Stronger? Aliens win this one by a significant margin.
I beg to differ...the movies portrayl was bad!! i hate anderson for that!!!!
Having a brain? Aliens have worked out how to set traps and use human technology at hours old. One Alien cut the power to a human installation at three weeks old. Spike blew out candles, because he knew it'd lure his prey in closer.
You see the Aliens as disposable cannon fodder for the Predators. This is not the case at all.
Space travel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"set traps and use human technology at hours old. One Alien cut the power to a human installation at three weeks old". "Spike blew out candles", "because he knew it'd lure his prey in closer".

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:39:02 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with Anderson. Aliens have bashed through inches-thick steel doors - some of which were designed for military use and to be airtight (such as on the Auriga in A:R). They've lifted people with one arm while very quickly disappearing into the darkness.

Anderson's portrayal was fine in that particular battle, anyway. There's no evidence that begins to suggest that Predators are stronger.

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:39:02 PMSpace travel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>set traps and use human technology at hours old.

Aliens don't develop technology because they don't need it. What use is a spacecraft to them? They can just hibernate until potential hosts show up or hitch a ride.

Besides, intelligence isn't measured as one amorphous entity, and the Alien's extremely fast rate of learning suggests a massive capacity for critical thinking.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 01, 2010, 01:44:50 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:39:02 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with Anderson. Aliens have bashed through inches-thick steel doors - some of which were designed for military use and to be airtight (such as on the Auriga in A:R). They've lifted people with one arm while very quickly disappearing into the darkness.

Anderson's portrayal was fine in that particular battle, anyway. There's no evidence that begins to suggest that Predators are stronger.

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 01, 2010, 01:39:02 PMSpace travel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>set traps and use human technology at hours old.

Aliens don't develop technology because they don't need it. What use is a spacecraft to them? They can just hibernate until potential hosts show up or hitch a ride.

Besides, intelligence isn't measured as one amorphous entity, and the Alien's extremely fast rate of learning suggests a massive capacity for critical thinking.
They dont need it?..or elz they would?  :D
"intelligence isn't measured as one amorphous entity": then?
"There's no evidence that begins to suggest that Predators are stronger. " absence of proof is not a proof of absence!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There is, however, evidence to suggest that Aliens are stronger, which I outlined above.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I think aliens are cool as hell. :)

But in a fight the Predator would win.

Aliens , minus Kanes son , have shown animal level intelligence and rely on instincts.

Lets say a Lion represents and alien and me with a shot gun is the Predator.

I'd blow it away despite it being " stronger and faster " I have weapons. The Predators can create weapons so don't bash them.

The aiens are like animals who only rely on what they naturally have. Aliens have been felded by machine gun fire.

Predators have taken number machine gun shots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed