What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,344 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2018, 02:55:31 AM
The flashback in AvP was one of the rare good bits.

And all those best bits are from At The Mountains Of Madness.

Perfect-Organism

Granted, it was one of the best parts of the movie, but it came across as very detatched.  It is just a swarm.  You can't connect to anything happening there.  There's no horror left.  I would say that the scene taking down Ferro in the dripship is more impactful that the scene with thousands of aliens.  Not saying it can't be done well, but be careful what you ask for.

SM

It's just a money shot, to set up the bomb later on.  It doesn't need to be anything other than that.

Jutland

I'd pay to see a proper ancient aliens film. Prometheus showed us that the engineers visited (at different times) ancient Babylonia, ancient Egypt, ancient Hawaii, ancient Scotland etc. I'd like to see more about those visits, and whether anything went wrong.

In fact, thinking about it, I don't think we have ever, ever had an ancient aliens movie. I cannot think of a single film, not one, which is set entirely in the ancient world and which has aliens in it. (Apart from the brief cameo in Life of Brian.) Even Stargate was set in the present-day.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Jutland on Oct 09, 2018, 06:16:00 PM
I'd pay to see a proper ancient aliens film. Prometheus showed us that the engineers visited (at different times) ancient Babylonia, ancient Egypt, ancient Hawaii, ancient Scotland etc. I'd like to see more about those visits, and whether anything went wrong.

In fact, thinking about it, I don't think we have ever, ever had an ancient aliens movie. I cannot think of a single film, not one, which is set entirely in the ancient world and which has aliens in it. (Apart from the brief cameo in Life of Brian.) Even Stargate was set in the present-day.

Don't know if I'd like to see an entire movie of that. Sounds more suitable for an intro.

Perfect-Organism

Prometheus is that movie.  So is AVP for that matter.  But you're right in that there's never been a non-franchised film along those lines.  2001 notwithstanding.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 09, 2018, 08:09:20 PM
Quote from: Jutland on Oct 09, 2018, 06:16:00 PM

Don't know if I'd like to see an entire movie of that. Sounds more suitable for an intro.

I believe that a full ancient aliens flick doesn't fit with the Alien series. You can use such theme as a plot device, though. On a side note, the concept is almost as old as science fiction itself, and there is a lot of books, movies, anime, comics, etc.

But yeah, we don't have many (or any) ancient aliens films with the entire plot taking place in the ancient past. I could be wrong though.  :P

However, I'm more keen on "Precursors" than of ancient visitations to Earth. In short, I wish the tech used by the Engineers was not built by them, but by a long-disappeared race.  :)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Could be set on another planet, also seeded and visited by Engineers.
That way it wouldn't be bound to actual history and it would provide more creative freedom.
The human (or humanoid) society could be in a setting based on actual ancient societies. I'm going with Incan or Mayan, because that's my preference.
You could have a WY crew discovering the place, shortly before the Engineers make another visit. But the humans are curious, they wanna explore and unwillingly unleash whatever.

Edit: I know I mentioned this before but just imagine Apocalypto + Engineers + black goo + WY crew.

Immortan Jonesy

I'd say it's worth a shot!  8)

Baron Von Marlon

So what if a crew arrives, shorty before theEngineers and the ensuing situations would end with the Engineers pathogen bombing the entire place.
With an android, good or bad, being the lonely survivor since the pathogen doesn't affect him.

Jutland

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 09, 2018, 11:02:17 PM
Edit: I know I mentioned this before but just imagine Apocalypto + Engineers + black goo + WY crew.

That's fantastic. I'd go to see that

Huggs

I'd like to see another blade runner movie featuring Fassbender. Have it end with him evading the blade runners and escaping into the populace with a vial of extra potent goo.

Seeking shelter in a bar, he eye's his drink, remembering Holloway. He places a drop of the new goo into it and brings the glass near his mouth. After the ol' "small beginnings" line, he swallows it down and goes to leave, before accidentally bumping into a digitally recreated parker and brett, on their way to the Nostromo.

The Old One

The Old One

No direct connections to the cast of the original Alien thank you.

But I appreciate the sentiment of the rest of the idea, David should "expire" before the events of Alien IMO.
I believe your idea of taking the Alien to a Blade Runner esque planet (Plagiarus praepotens perhaps)-
Would be an excellent set-up for a large post A3  blockbuster film though.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 14, 2018, 12:44:25 AM
No direct connections to the cast of the original Alien thank you.

Craigslist would call that a Missed Connection   ;)

ba-dum-tsh

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 14, 2018, 12:44:25 AMBut I appreciate the sentiment of the rest of the idea, David should "expire" before the events of Alien IMO.

I'd love for him to survive because I want more movies with his character.
In a possible scenario he ends up in an escape pod and lands on a planet with a primitive humanoid population. The pod is wrecked because of the crash. Impossible to send a message, a rescue or tracking signal. David is stuck, slightly malfunctioning but still superiour. He becomes their living god. And maybe decades later a WY crew arrives. Or Engineers return. Anyway stuff happens. And we have another movie with David.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed