Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 05:00:30 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Full E3 Demo Footage (Read 68,092 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 05, 2011, 03:29:00 AM
but most people react with "that's really dumb" and don't bother anymore.

People say something to this effect publicly. But those who don't think it's dumb are so supposed to not do anything about it? People who hate it can voice their opinion but those who don't hate it can't?

having no opinion is not an opinion on it's own. the oposite of hating it would be loving it, and nobody has said "boy oh boy i just love how the colony and the Atmosphere Processor are still in foot after a 40 megaton explosion! it drives me nuts!". quite far from "not hate it", ya think?

about the gameplay, i don't doubt they can make a memorable experience, but once you beat it, then it IS going to be the same the next time. if enemy placement and NPC placement are static, then things are going to happen the same way, the AI will make the same decisions based on the same situations and the only thing that really changes is where one is at that point.

Yes, you're right. All these are IFs.

...what?

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 05, 2011, 03:47:27 AM
QuoteWhen did I say that?  All I did was make a comparison between the development priorities judging on each of the game's goals.  Completely misinterpreting the meaning of my post.

And you know for a fact what GBX's development priorities are? You know for a fact they're actually NOT gonna target gamers who want to buy this game for MP only or for both campaign and MP equally?

do you? we are all working with what we've got.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quotehaving no opinion is not an opinion on it's own. the oposite of hating it would be loving it, and nobody has said "boy oh boy i just love how the colony and the Atmosphere Processor are still in foot after a 40 megaton explosion! it drives me nuts!". quite far from "not hate it", ya think?

LOL what?  OK, I'll give you the benefit and I'll say that my use of the word hate is wrong when it should've been don't care

about the gameplay, i don't doubt they can make a memorable experience, but once you beat it, then it IS going to be the same the next time. if enemy placement and NPC placement are static, then things are going to happen the same way, the AI will make the same decisions based on the same situations and the only thing that really changes is where one is at that point.

Yes, you're right. All these are IFs.
...what?
I made myself absolutely clear.

do you? we are all working with what we've got.
No I don't. Did I ever say I did? Would you like to find a quote that I did? Like I said, I don't make blanket statements though.

chupacabras acheronsis

you act as if you do though. you're in the same position as every one of us.

NUB DESTROYER

Like Xenomrph said, I call out people who make unfounded statements.

When I have something to say and it's not fact, I pepper it with I think that, or I believe that, or IMO, etc...

Again, chewbacca, you're the one making Strawman Arguments because you're explicitly putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

PLEXI

QuoteAnd you know for a fact what GBX's development priorities are? You know for a fact they're actually NOT gonna target gamers who want to buy this game for MP only or for both campaign and MP equally?
You're very quick to jump to conclusions, did you skim over the 'judging'?....  It's an opinion, a form of estimation.

Gearbox has been promoting the Singleplayer aspect of this game heavily.  That has been their main focus, and where they are putting the majority of their resources, and just to make sure you see it;  in my opinion. Of course I have no cold hard facts to prove it, as I don't have that kind of access to Gearbox. That said, it is a very likely probability.  I never said anything to the effect you are interpreting in regards to the multiplayer. 
QuoteThat's exactly what I was thinking too but without making blanket statements like but once you beat it, then it IS going to be the same the next time
Already been covered.

NUB DESTROYER

So you're saying I wasn't within reason for calling you out when you said this a few posts ago:

All I did was make a comparison between the development priorities judging on each of the game's goals. 

Because you seem to have said it as if it were fact which as a result strengthens your argument.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 05, 2011, 04:02:57 AM
Like Xenomrph said, I call out people who make unfounded statements.

don't hide behind someone else's words, please.

When I have something to say and it's not fact, I pepper it with I think that, or I believe that, or IMO, etc...

good to know, now give us your opinion instead of charging against others' without refuting them.

Again, chewbacca, you're the one making Strawman Arguments because you're explicitly putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

i'm using quotes exactly so that doesn't happen. and don't get condescendant.

NUB DESTROYER

Quotedon't hide behind someone else's words, please.

OK. I've called out people whose opinions are unfounded.

Quotegood to know, now give us your opinion instead of charging against others' without refuting them

I do have em. Don't know which to give.

Quotei'm using quotes exactly so that doesn't happen. and don't get condescendant.

OK fair enough. Please remind us when in this thread I've use blanket statements as what you claimed I did.

chupacabras acheronsis

alright let's see, you've continuously dismissed all the negative reactions, "backlash" of the members on the gameplay footage over some pretty damn small quirks of them like the iron sights issue, which don't really affect the main point of their issues nor make their opinions invalid, while calling their complains due to that-
Quoteperson's own self-entitlement attitude and/or ignorance.

that's a bold one.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Pretty bold. But it's true.

EDIT:
It's not something I'd say again because as I said, I'd tone it down. But it still is true.

PLEXI

QuoteBecause you seem to have said it as if it were fact which as a result strengthens your argument.
Quite simply...I can't help how you interpret something said, that's beyond my control. Common language fallacy.   Now that you fully understand what I said (hopefully?)...you can stop putting words in my mouth.
QuoteDon't know which to give.
How about all of them?  It's no less valid.  It'd definitely be more constructive then what's going on currently.  :P

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

^^ You forgot the part when I said seem, which implies it is my opinion of what you said

QuoteHow about all of them?
I'm looking forward to this game and GBX's direction has been pretty spot on, IMO. Xeno behavioral code could use a little work, but probably due to difficulty settings.

PLEXI

Quote^^ You forgot the part when I said seem, which implies it is my opinion of what you said
No, I didn't forget it, but I repeatedly tried to correct your misunderstanding of what I said in that post, and prior. That's what I was referring to.
QuoteA lot to say, man.
Well that's what forums are for; discussing.  Everyone can get their grievances and all the things they liked out in the open for feedback.

I agree with the Xenos, it simply looks very much incomplete. There's plenty of room for improvement in regards to path finding, animations, tactics etc.  The most jarring about the behavior to me was the start/stop of the movement(damage recoil?), and attacking animations.

NUB DESTROYER

If going by your words alone in your first few posts, are you trying to say I was wrong in trying to call you out?

Now you said it's your opinion, OK fine. But I had every reason to rebut your first few posts.  Or is it still oh how dare I step up even up to now?

PLEXI

Had to make sure you knew it was my opinion, otherwise it'd just be repeat of this whole thing.
QuoteIf going by your words alone in your first few posts, are you trying to say I was wrong in trying to call you out?
You have every right to do as you please... that includes calling me out.  Do I find it a pointless waste of time, that could be spent more constructively talking about the game? Yes.
QuoteBut I had every reason to rebut your first few posts.
All because you misinterpreted what I said...
Spoiler

Here's what I said regarding it. These all read like opinions/observations... In my own opinion of course.
QuoteI highly disagree with that opinion..  PsyKore's point still stands about the campaign being linear.  It's worked for CoD because the main meat of the game is the multiplayer..  But it can seriously hurt replay ability, especially when a good portion of the focus for A:CM is a story driven singleplayer experience.

It's already been said that this E3 footage was put together as a showcase (more or less).  The question is just how much different it will be from the final product.
QuoteWhen did I say that?  All I did was make a comparison between the development priorities judging on each of the game's goals.  Completely misinterpreting the meaning of my post.
[close]
I'd prefer to end the silliness and get back to talking about the footage.  PM me if you really feel the need to continue this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed