Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
30 (69.8%)
The Predator 2018
13 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 9,055 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Nov 05, 2023, 01:33:37 PMHe's completely useless at his job but lots of people think he's the coolest thing ever.

In a nutshell. With room to spare.

littlesprout

I was never a fan of how AVPR did the creatures, but I did appreciate the costume designs.

BlueMarsalis79

The costume design of Wolf, oversized head aside, pretty great, the rest contains the shittiest Alien designs put to film.

SM

SM

Truly dire.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 07, 2023, 09:49:02 AMThe costume design of Wolf, oversized head aside, pretty great,

Is it though, really?

SiL

SiL

Yeah it's neat. The last time a Predator's gear looked like it was supposed to be some kind of functioning technology and not just slick generic sci-fi junk.

Seriously I don't think Predator helmets have had cables since except the Crucified Predator in Predators.

[cancerblack]

Reckon? I always felt it was hodge-podge and not in a cool way. It does respect the basic tenets of how it's supposed to work though, and you're right that that's more than you can say for other versions.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 07, 2023, 12:10:44 PMReckon? I always felt it was hodge-podge and not in a cool way. It does respect the basic tenets of how it's supposed to work though, and you're right that that's more than you can say for other versions.
I thought it was pretty cohesive. What was hodge-podge about it to you?

[cancerblack]

I'd have to actually look at some BTS pictures again to give it a real critique but the impression I always got (when you can see anything) was that it felt like a suit made of seconds left lying around rather than the veteran using his favourite bits he was supposed to be.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I liked that Wolf was more lean. Couldn't stand that bulky AvP design.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: SiL on Nov 07, 2023, 11:44:57 AMThe last time a Predator's gear looked like it was supposed to be some kind of functioning technology and not just slick generic sci-fi junk.

I feel like this critique really applies to all the Predator tech in The Predator.
The ship and it's interior in particular I remember being very disappointed in how generic and plain it was. Even to a further degree than AVP. A far cry from how cool and atmospheric the ship was in Predator 2. Even Fugitive's look and armor just looks too sleek and generic imo.

And that's just one of my minor gripes with the movie lol.

BlueMarsalis79

I liked Fugitive's design, very princely I thought.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Nov 08, 2023, 04:18:42 PMI feel like this critique really applies to all the Predator tech in The Predator.
Yeah that was the worst offender.

Prey is a close second.

littlesprout

I can't stand Ferals design. But I've come to accept that it's just another strand of Predators like the super predators.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm pretty sure that's how I perceived the feral Predator, by the time I first saw it. I'm very excepting of the idea of subspecies of Predator looking a bit different

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed