Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,608 times)

Keg

Keg

Still Borderlands. Ive just entered the Dahl Headlands. Ive completed all of the missions and side missions available in Fyrestone and the surrounding areas branching from it.

This game just keeps getting better and better the more you play. Fantastic.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

marathon on my laptop and Halo Wars with Hicks.
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 23, 2011, 10:45:20 PM
Im still confused about Marathon.  I know it's an old Mac shooter, made by Bungie I assume, that has references in many things including Halo 3 and is currently open-source to a small but loyal community of players?

Did they make a new one or are you guys playing the old school?  If so, is it pc only?  Question barrage!

Bungie has all three games for free on their website. And if you want it on XBox, they have the second game only for $10. o you're better off on the computer.
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2011, 05:58:43 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 22, 2011, 11:01:35 PM
Started Marathon on my laptop.

Took a while to find controls I was comfortable with, since I'm not a PC gamer, but the game is awesome.

Has Durandal made your acquaintance?

Not yet. I'm still at the very beginning, with less than half health. I'm at a part just after I go up a little elevator and kill one of the floating guys in the robes. Then I go to another room with five or so aliens, and they keep killing me.

I haven't played yet to day, but if I get a chance I'll try to pass it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

What mission you on? Arrival? Bigger Guns Nearby?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 25, 2011, 03:44:11 AM
What mission you on? Arrival? Bigger Guns Nearby?

Bigger Guns Nearby

I finally got used to the gameplay, the importance of the map, how to use the health terminals, etc. I'm really enjoying it :)

EDIT: Is each teleport a new level?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

If it's a teleport from a message terminal, yes.

If you walk into one of those boxes in the wall with the blue displays, no. I don't think you've encountered any of these yet, though.

Nope

Nope

TF2. I missed its simplicity, but, there is some satisfation when getting a new item.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 25, 2011, 03:48:50 AM
If it's a teleport from a message terminal, yes.

If you walk into one of those boxes in the wall with the blue displays, no. I don't think you've encountered any of these yet, though.

OK then. Makes sense. Thanks for recommending it to me. Really enjoying it.

Does the game take long to finish?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not sure. I played it in two chunks. One very recently, and the other about a year ago. It's a decent length, though.

Combine that with the sequels and mods, and there's a lot of stuff to get outta these games.

Nope

Nope

Halo Combat Evolved.
Sticks convinced me to download it and dayum. This is fantastic so far.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Arkham Asylum in preparation for October. I am ready...

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Shobidoo on Jun 25, 2011, 05:45:18 AM
Halo Combat Evolved.
Sticks convinced me to download it and dayum. This is fantastic so far.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Ocarina of Time 3D.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Going to try and get back to Mass Effect.
Did a little bit of LA Noire and liked it.

Vakarian

Vakarian

FEAR 3

This game is one of the better game's I have played this year, the gameplay is smooth and the graphics have a nice unique style to them. The gore is awesome and you do get the odd jump occasion.

The multiplayer is okay, There was meant to be a mode called "F*cking Run!" but it isn't on the disk for some odd reason. Contractions is fun though, your typical horde mode (Fixing barriers etc) but you have to go get supplies in between rounds which is pretty cool.

The story is pretty good, It doesn't let down at all, for either player. In Co-Op, the way each player plays affects the outcome of the game which was very interesting. The story doesn't play out better for one specific character, each player gets their fair share of cool cutscene moments and there is something likeable about both of them.

I give this game a nice 8/10 definitely worth a shot.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Marathon :D I'm on Counterattack and trying to rescue the humans is bloody impossible!  They run blindly in zig-zags and are mixed in with hulks and several types of spear idiots and defense drones.

I'm one of those players who will reload a game if I think I can do better or save more people.  But there isn't a save spot when you start the level, so you return to the previous level and have to fight 3 huge rooms of aliens over again.

Infuriating.

But it's a fun game :D pretty deep for an old-school shooter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed