sorry mang.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I only have a mild case of it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 04, 2014, 07:32:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2014, 03:56:49 PM
Stick with filtered water. If you really need a flavour kick, make a smoothie or shake at home.

Try filtered water with lemon juice in morning.  It might take some getting used to  ;D

Yup, that's a great idea as well because it makes the water alkaline. It's great for cleaning out your system. I never remember to do this in the morning though when I'm filling up my bottles before work :P

So I have to take a week off from the gym this week because my schedule filled up with other stuff...FML. Those days when you miss a workout and you think, "What am I doing with my life"?

Sabby

Sabby

I do drink a lot of water, and I'm looking for ways to make it more helpful (I have no idea what alkaline means when it comes to drinking, but it's something to look into) but I think the occasional diet soft drink should be fine for now... I intend to quit it completely eventually.

When I was 18, I would buy 2 cartons of 30 cans of Pepsi Max or Coke Zero (I actually preferred the taste, real cola is too strong) and they would be gone within a week. That's how f**king bad I was. I think a 600ml of Max on my weekly shopping trip is an improvement over that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't feel about your habits when you were 18. We were all stupid, I think, when it came to diet. Heck when I was a teen, all I ever wanted was burgers and fries, lol

Topazora

Topazora

Even going through college, bad eating habits are born (spent most days Panda Express... really bad ^_^;; ).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh gosh. The amount of burgers and street meat I went through is enough to make the mos dedicated athlete vomit, lol. I rarely brought my own lunches with me. I just couldn't be buggered to carry it around.

Sabby

Sabby

Does anyone know a good website to buy protein bars from? I want to add them to my diet/workout routine, but buying them one at a time from the store is far too expensive :/ They seem to range from 2-3 dollars on special, but are usually about 6 bucks each. That's AUD, so for comparison, a big box of Just Right cereal is around 7 dollars.

Edit: Amazon isn't an option.

Topazora

Topazora

Just buy another brand? I don't think it's imperative to buy their particular brand.
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 05, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
Oh gosh. The amount of burgers and street meat I went through is enough to make the mos dedicated athlete vomit, lol. I rarely brought my own lunches with me. I just couldn't be buggered to carry it around.
in college,  my mom helped me lose 30lbs when I broke my foot.  After losing all the weight,  I discovered that my work cafeteria sold chicken strips and fries.  Gained back half the weight.  My mom actually stepped in and said 'no more'

Sabby

Sabby

I'd like to get them by the case to save money.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I don't know about online but stores like Sam's Club and Costco let you buy stuff like that in bulk.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 05, 2014, 05:32:40 PM
Does anyone know a good website to buy protein bars from? I want to add them to my diet/workout routine, but buying them one at a time from the store is far too expensive :/ They seem to range from 2-3 dollars on special, but are usually about 6 bucks each. That's AUD, so for comparison, a big box of Just Right cereal is around 7 dollars.

Edit: Amazon isn't an option.

Whichever one you do get, make sure it's low in sugar.

Sabby

Sabby

You Americans and your convenient shops D= the best I have around here is an IGA, which is a standard grocery store.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/can-stress-cause-weight-gain

I was discussing this with my trainer and nutritionist the other day and I never knew this was true! Apparently, if you're gaining weight, especially if it's only in one part of your body (stomach in men, thighs in women), it's likely because you're stressed out.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've got a little collection of fat hanging on around the midsection but its because I haven't been able to get out and run and have a very inconsistent diet.

I have no doubt that stress affects people though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed