Alien Embyro placement

Started by CavatinaTheXeno, Apr 12, 2011, 04:48:17 AM

Author
Alien Embyro placement (Read 4,739 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 12, 2011, 01:53:16 PM
okay but can someone explain azzburzterz then??!??!

Too much curried facehugger.

predxeno

predxeno

I heard that one of the people involved in one of the Alien films (don't remember who) suggested that the facehugger didn't lay any embryo, instead it altered some of the host's DNA so that the host's body would make the embryo from the virus or whatever that the facehugger gave to the host and then the embryo would chestburst when fully mature.  But, I think AVPR pretty much stomped on that theory when you can see egg-like pods moving down the pregnant woman's throat when being eggbarfed upon by Chet.  Though, I could probably retcon it by saying that those embryos were from a pre-queen and could be different from the reproductive method of facehuggers.

Mus

Mus

Predxeno beat me to it. It infects you with something that makes your body grow out an Alien from your own cells. Because I like the concept.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 12, 2011, 04:42:57 PM
  But, I think AVPR pretty much stomped on that theory when you can see egg-like pods moving down the pregnant woman's throat when being eggbarfed upon by Chet.  Though, I could probably retcon it by saying that those embryos were from a pre-queen and could be different from the reproductive method of facehuggers.

Actually, with Chet being a mutated version of an Alien, the virus could possibly be a mutation as well.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 12, 2011, 06:51:40 PM
Actually, with Chet being a mutated version of an Alien, the virus could possibly be a mutation as well.

I assume you mean mutated by the Predators' technology that increases the Aliens' growth rate and not by the mutation of Predator DNA that it got off Scar.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A lot of people - including me - consider the Predalien in AvPR to be an abomination with quite a few birth defects. Not farfetched to back up, as a thought.

SM

SM

QuoteI have also heard that the facehugger injects a virus into the host, causing some of the hosts cells to mutate and start growing into the alien embryo.

To my knowledge that's fan theory and has been around for some time.  And not entirely without merit.

AvP:Poo has too much bullshit to even take the slightest bit seriously.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2011, 11:25:40 PM
QuoteI have also heard that the facehugger injects a virus into the host, causing some of the hosts cells to mutate and start growing into the alien embryo.

To my knowledge that's fan theory and has been around for some time.  And not entirely without merit.

AvP:Poo has too much bullshit to even take the slightest bit seriously.

When did you finally got around to watching it? I think I remember you last year or so saying you havent seen it yet

SM

SM

Don't remember.  Late last year I think.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Worse or better than you expected?

SM

SM

Worse.  Quite possibly a film without any redeeming qualities.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Makes first AVP look like an epic movie in comparison

SM

SM

Dunno about that.  Though it at least looked better.

One thing I will grant AvP:Poo is there's a couple of nice CG Alien shots in the sewers.  Undermined utterly seconds later by the shonkiest looking and performed rubber suits committed to celluloid in decades.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: SiL on Apr 12, 2011, 07:36:39 AM
AlienĀ³ clearly shows it's in the chest.

They all exit out of the chest.

Ergo, they're in the chest.

Yes, the chest is where the alien is born, hence "chestburster."  But it's most likely that the embryo is put in the lower esophagus, probably just above the stomach, which is right where it tears through the body.  This would allow the host to breathe and function normally (besides not being able to digest anything) but brings up multiple issues from the films, most in Alien 3. 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 14, 2011, 09:48:02 PM
But it's most likely that the embryo is put in the lower esophagus, probably just above the stomach,
But we know it's not. So it's not more likely.

Quotewhich is right where it tears through the body.
When it's born? They clearly go through the sternum.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed