Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,292 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was a headbite that finished Celtic off. And that fight ending was BS, Celtic should've ended it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Commander Shepard on Jul 05, 2010, 03:20:16 PM
I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get flamed for this. I actually liked AvP better than Aliens. Only by a smidgen though. The thing that places AvP higher than Aliens on my list, is the fact the Aliens aren't just "bugs". One Aliens is showed taking down two Predators with relative ease. I feel they get more respect in this film than in Aliens
The only buglike addition that Cameron added was the egglaying Queen and Hive. The whole insectile lifecycle of the Alien came before and was shown in Alien, and Ridley even used the analogy of an insect when describing the creature: "It's like a rather beautiful, humanoid, biomechanoid insect," and "Whether he [the Alien] could see, or simply sense like an insect, I didn't need ever have to answer that question".
The Aliens also wipe out the Marines with one defensive maneouver (the Hive) and one offensive (Operations). They manage to employ ambush and kamikaze tactics and for the most part, whenever someone injures or kills an Alien, they get injured or killed in the process (Lex killing that Alien with the spear was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.) About respect, Aliens' Aliens were truer designwise to Giger than ADI's, I think that means something (could be a personal thing, I love the biomechanical manbeast, and some prefer the hunched, slimy, fleshy thing). Aside from Grid, I don't see any real tactics or intelligence from AVP's Aliens. They're just... there.
There, you've been flamed! Mwhaha! :D

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Haha. Did you read the rest?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Commander Shepard on Jul 05, 2010, 04:09:39 PM
Haha. Did you read the rest?
Yeah, just got twitchy fingers and HAD to address that. I'm all for you getting excited... erm... I mean... y'know... I was trying to be logical!  :)

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

I liked AVP more. AVPR is shit. Even though AVP has basically NO gore and AVPR DOES, the acting, the lighting, and the Predator effortlessly being able to mass slaughter aliens, is the shittiest shit I have EVER seen. Period. I mean, the aliens (Save for chet), were basically walking turds. They did nothing but get killed. The design for the Predalien was utterly terrible. The acting makes me wanna shoot myself. When the army woman shoots the alien off the helicopter, the way she yells "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEE!!" Makes me cringe. I just can't get over how horrible the acting is. I couldn't see shit because it was so. damn. dark. And back to the complete slaughter of aliens, in the sewer when Wolf is holding two aliens by the neck, they just sit there and do nothing while he targets them with his pulse cannons. I mean, WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR TAILS??? They could have both stabbed him repeatedly with their tails. The predator in this movie, (WOLF) is way to overpowered. (Just like in the 2010 game) As Ive said before, Wolf is the incest lovechild of two predator-biased fanboys. I wish the brothers Strausse would burn for making this movie. Wolf is able to beat down an alien and take about 15 seconds (15 seconds that could easily be used by the alien to STAB HIM WITH ITS TAIL OR AT LEAST TRY TO GET UP) to get out his acid-melty stuff and pour it on the alien. And while they tried to make wolf look like a badass by removing all his gear for about 45 seconds, the predalien just stands there and watches him as does nothing. When I saw this in the theaters, I jumped up and screamed, WHAT THE HELL!?!?! And everyone LITERALLY EVERYONE started booing. It is easy to see that I hate this movie with a passion. My aunt got me a copy for my birthday,  I said thank you and I took it home and sold it on ebay to some poor soul who probably found out that it was NOT worth the money. That movie is so terrible, it makes Plan 9 From outer Space look like the original alien.
Acting: -2 Absolutely Terrible
Special Effects: 5 Actually OK
Story: -4 I find the fact that 25-30 Aliens getting slaughtered like pigs by a LONE predator ABSOLUTELY ridiculous
Lighting: -3 Couldn't see shit
Direction: -10 Hate the Brothers Strausse most of all

Overall: -5 Utter waste of a movie and one of the worst I have ever seen.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I finally saw AVPR, so I can finally vote :D I prefer AVP. AVP has more of a story, and (dare I say it) more likable characters. AVPR is a fun movie to watch when it comes on TV, but sometimes, when I have nothing to do, I like to just sit there and kill time and watch AVP. I don't see myself doing that with AVPR, mostly because I absolutely hate the whole hospital scene. That scene took things way too far with the alien lifecycle and and pushed the limits on how messed up a film should get. So anyways, both are enjoyable, but AVP felt more like an actual movie.

The Demon

The Demon

Its about time you saw it.  :D

Yeah, I see how they were trying to be edgy and kill babies and what not but it was not effective at all due to their directing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Even with good direction, I would still hate that. That is just so messed up, and completely...wrong.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I still like both, AVP amuses the fan girl in me and AVPR amuses the blood and gore monster in me
XD

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 08, 2010, 01:52:41 AM
Even with good direction, I would still hate that. That is just so messed up, and completely...wrong.

How is it any different from killing a full grown man?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: The Demon on Jul 08, 2010, 01:59:41 AM

A full grown man can fight back. A baby can't.

samoht

samoht

I actually like the hospital scene.
It shows the horrible nature of the Aliens and how they don't give a shit what they do as long is it means their race survives.
It helps put the horror back in the franchise which was unfortunately lost in AVP.
Fantastic part of the movie.

SM

SM

They killed a bunch of kids in Aliens too.  We don't need to see a pregnant woman's belly explode as a result of a f**ktarded, unjustifiable, and altogether creatively void change to the life cycle in order to know Aliens "don't give a shit".  When did they ever indicate otherwise?

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 08, 2010, 02:22:41 AM
Quote from: The Demon on Jul 08, 2010, 01:59:41 AM

A full grown man can fight back. A baby can't.

That's true but a life is a life no matter what.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2010, 03:12:29 AM
They killed a bunch of kids in Aliens too.

Exactly. So, why doesn't everyone start criticizing that?

Oh I know why, coz AVP:R is easy to pick on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed