Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,168 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hitting and missing but wanting to look like you're hitting your opponent=wrestling.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Lol, aint that the truth.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

No.. it's not.

He swung his wristblades a few times and Grid dodged the shots.Simple as that. Has nothing to do with pro-wrestling.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Oh, I was commenting on the definition of wrestling, not the movie... sorry  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jun 16, 2008, 02:26:40 AM
No.. it's not.

He swung his wristblades a few times and Grid dodged the shots.Simple as that. Has nothing to do with pro-wrestling.

And Celtic wasn't moving to go for another angle, b/c...

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

I don't know, maybe cause Grid was kinda whiping his tail at him? It's got to be pretty f**king hard to get out of position,when you have a 10 foot long razor sharp tail violently swinging at you in all different directions.

SM

SM

Wasn't it like 30 feet in AvP?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jun 16, 2008, 04:28:16 AM
I don't know, maybe cause Grid was kinda whiping his tail at him? It's got to be pretty f**king hard to get out of position,when you have a 10 foot long razor sharp tail violently swinging at you in all different directions.

All the more reason to move. Backwards and forwards anyway, up close and personal he could've stabbed Grid, further away, the tail wouldn't have reached him.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

I would rather have the style of fighting in AvP to Wolf holding helpless Aliens by their throats. I can't see where anyone could say that the AvP fighting is less realistic than the AvPR fighting.

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I concure with DoomRulz and The Wolf on the wrestling

Technine

Technine

avp was good
avpr was better but had s*** lighting and i expected better

avpmad!

avpmad!

avp was good, when you watch it the first time and then when you watch it again and again you notice how many mistakes their are, the fight scene celtic and grid, how can a alien get rushed into a stone wall then get its head smacked against columns here there and everywhere, and still get up asif nothing has happened, but then scar queen fight when they tie her chain to the huge barrel thing, why did scar turn away from the queen, like you would really do that.

avp-r, i was really excited for ths because finally we where going to get to see a predator kick some alien ass, then the trailers came out, one after the other and then by the time the film comes out you have seen all the good bits, but i enjoyed it, the acting was terrible but the predator alien fight scenes made up for it, short  but good, then you get the end of the film with dallas running away with the plamsa pistol then the predator that is sent to clean up the mess and leave no traces of the alien exitence has just let a human run away with his own technology, durrrrrr...

over all i thought avp-r was better was more true to the films with the blood and guts, but would have been better to see more then 1 alien kill someone a lot could be improved with both films     

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: avpmad! on Jun 22, 2008, 11:11:13 AM
avp was good, when you watch it the first time and then when you watch it again and again you notice how many mistakes their are, the fight scene celtic and grid, how can a alien get rushed into a stone wall then get its head smacked against columns here there and everywhere, and still get up asif nothing has happened, but then scar queen fight when they tie her chain to the huge barrel thing, why did scar turn away from the queen, like you would really do that.

avp-r, i was really excited for ths because finally we where going to get to see a predator kick some alien ass, then the trailers came out, one after the other and then by the time the film comes out you have seen all the good bits, but i enjoyed it, the acting was terrible but the predator alien fight scenes made up for it, short  but good, then you get the end of the film with dallas running away with the plamsa pistol then the predator that is sent to clean up the mess and leave no traces of the alien exitence has just let a human run away with his own technology, durrrrrr...

over all i thought avp-r was better was more true to the films with the blood and guts, but would have been better to see more then 1 alien kill someone a lot could be improved with both films     

At least it took more than one viewing to notice the mistakes in AvP. The AvPR mistakes are so blatant the first time I watched the movie I felt they were jumping out and smacking me in the face.

I don't think the Alien getting smacked around into pillars and being ok was a mistake. Ever try to squish a cow ant? A human can put there full weight on one and still not squash it. I think Scar turned and looked at the barrel to see if they had the chain hooked on yet. Either way he still would have died most likely. The Alien vs. Pred battles in AvPR were very unrealistic in comparison to AvP. Wolf squashing Alien heads with a quick stomp of his foot. Grabbing and hoisting Aliens up one in each hand while somehow they can't hit him with anything, claws, teeth, tail.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 22, 2008, 02:05:36 PM
Either way he still would have died most likely. The Alien vs. Pred battles in AvPR were very unrealistic in comparison to AvP.

But I'd rather watch the AvP-R battles instead of the AvP predator on alien wrestling matches

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: happypred on Jun 22, 2008, 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 22, 2008, 02:05:36 PM
Either way he still would have died most likely. The Alien vs. Pred battles in AvPR were very unrealistic in comparison to AvP.

But I'd rather watch the AvP-R battles instead of the AvP predator on alien wrestling matches

The difference to me is that the AvPR battles aren't battles. A battle implies two sides struggling against each other to win. In every AvPR fight it is obvious who will win and there is no attempt to make it interesting at all. AvP may have battles that look staged, but at least there are two opposing sides getting their licks in.

Ok it is like setting up a match with a top UFC fighter and a regular Joe. You know the outcome before the fights even start.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed