Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,261 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

^ Don't forget the Shuriken!  Would environmental variables have an adverse effect the plasma shot in terms of speed and distance?  For example, Anytime had no trouble firing quick shots in the jungle heat but it seemed (to me) that Scar's plasma shots were a little slower in the Arctic temperature.  Maybe the reaction of the plasma bolt is not as quick to discharge or possibly loses it's speed in the colder temperatures.

Milan

Milan

...So there lives a Neo from the matrix within each Alien cause one dodged bullets in Ailien: RE and the other managed to dodge plasma bolts in AVP... so what about the several other Aliens who have been killed by the same type of attack, did they choose not to move cause they were playing chicken race with a bullet or plasma bolt...WTF, the Alien is one dangerous creature, so scary that a bullet or a plasma bolt would find away around it to avoid confrontation... Them dodging bullets are random at best, from whatever distance, it's an Alien, not Chuck Norris. Them dodging shots is as regular as a Predator dodging head bites...

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Milan on Mar 04, 2011, 05:31:19 PM
...So there lives a Neo from the matrix within each Alien cause one dodged bullets in Ailien: RE and the other managed to dodge plasma bolts in AVP... so what about the several other Aliens who have been killed by the same type of attack, did they choose not to move cause they were playing chicken race with a bullet or plasma bolt...WTF, the Alien is one dangerous creature, so scary that a bullet or a plasma bolt would find away around it to avoid confrontation... Them dodging bullets are random at best, from whatever distance, it's an Alien, not Chuck Norris. Them dodging shots is as regular as a Predator dodging head bites...

I would also had that 5/6 of joner's shot were completly missed (no matter if the alien moved or not).

+ the "micro-grenade"s shot by joner have a speed that can't not even be compared with regular bullet (they are incredibly slow. The projectils are even visible at such short range!).
I agree the projectils were fast , but not comparable with regualr rounds.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 04, 2011, 04:48:46 PM
^ Don't forget the Shuriken!  Would environmental variables have an adverse effect the plasma shot in terms of speed and distance?  For example, Anytime had no trouble firing quick shots in the jungle heat but it seemed (to me) that Scar's plasma shots were a little slower in the Arctic temperature.  Maybe the reaction of the plasma bolt is not as quick to discharge or possibly loses it's speed in the colder temperatures.

Don't worry i didn't forget  ;)

About the plasma bolt speed. I could make a "predxeno like theory" (it means pretty complex)  ;D
The plasma bolt (plasma being an gas ionized to a hight temperature) is stabilized into a bolt shape by an electomagnetic field (if i remember well, Blain's study of the yautja)   
Given the AvP confrontation is in Antarctica, then the magnetic activity is completly different ( than Anytime's jungle) and could affect the plasma bolt in some ways , like his speed.

Just a theory nothing serious. ;D

predxeno

predxeno

Well, my theory is that there are different types of Predator plasmacasters; similar to there being different types of hand guns, automatic weapons, knives, etc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I don't see why temperature would affect the speed of the shot. A bullet fires at the same speed anywhere in the world.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 04, 2011, 10:25:28 PM

I don't see why temperature would affect the speed of the shot. A bullet fires at the same speed anywhere in the world.

Well about the plasma caster , i made supposition about the magnetic activity of Antarctica (see my post above)

But about bullets , if you're a long range shooter, then the temperature (and humidity) have a pretty important action toward the projectil trajectory (more humidity you have  and more  vertical drop you have, if i remember well)

And have also a very improtant  action toward the powder detonation, that means that at different temperatures you have different speeds  (not huge , but must be notcied for long range shooters)  with exactly the same loads

Milan

Milan

Maybe it has something to do with their gear being used for the first time with the plasma caster who haven't been fired for a 100 years, they might need to work it for some time so that they can get the most out of its performance, much like a car engine that's new or haven't been used for a while...

ScottishXeno

ScottishXeno

First of all lets get this straight, alot of people hate on the AVP series and I voted for AVP.

AVP has a queen, good alien and predator designs, didn't like the story that much and the acting was ok.

AVP:R has a PredAlien (yawn), weird alien designs (in my opinion) didn't get the story what soo ever, and only sending one Predator to Earth and the little girl who says like 3 lines in whole film.

Nuff, said.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: ScottishXeno on Mar 06, 2011, 02:21:53 AM
First of all lets get this straight, alot of people hate on the AVP series and I voted for AVP.

AVP has a queen, good alien and predator designs, didn't like the story that much and the acting was ok.

AVP:R has a PredAlien (yawn), weird alien designs (in my opinion) didn't get the story what soo ever, and only sending one Predator to Earth and the little girl who says like 3 lines in whole film.

Nuff, said.

It's pretty easy to understand.

A Harmless Goat

A Harmless Goat

Quote from: DarkenedWolf on Mar 06, 2011, 04:32:37 AM

Nuff, said.

It's pretty easy to understand.

Yeah, what part of the story did you not get?

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

The AVP Predator designs aren't as bad as everyone says but AVP Predator Designs < AVPR Predator Designs

Though in the case of the Xenos AVP Alien Designs > AVPR Alien Designs

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

AVP has a queen, good alien and predator designs

You might want to get the eye problem checked.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 18, 2011, 09:09:49 AM
AVP has a queen, good alien and predator designs

You might want to get the eye problem checked.

The only Predator Design I didn't like was Chopper. The rest weren't that bad.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Mar 18, 2011, 02:48:38 PM
The only Predator Design I didn't like was Chopper. The rest weren't that bad.

Personally I thought Celtic was the only passable predator in the film, the others just had no character or interesting, defined look.

Scar's face was just plain bullshit. The basic design wasn't awful, but the poorly animated mandibles & fake looking expressions just killed it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Continuing from the other thread

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2011, 03:59:54 AM
Dunno about that.  Though it at least looked better.

One thing I will grant AvP:Poo is there's a couple of nice CG Alien shots in the sewers.  Undermined utterly seconds later by the shonkiest looking and performed rubber suits committed to celluloid in decades.

Well what I meant is that AVP looks like a big, grand expensive blockbuster with its story about expedition to Antarctica, underground pyramids, Queen and all those great sets etc, while AVPR looks like a direct to video cheap and corny teen B horror.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed