AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,261 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2011, 08:41:22 PM
That's not really a bad idea.

Aliens are mega badass. Especially if you're a Predator, because they can see you without seeing and dodge your plasma blasts. They also don't give a shit how scary you are and are super nasty when it comes to fisticuffs.

If you're a Predator, most of your major advantages over other prey are rendered null. Ultimate challenge indeed.

Dodge the shots? Didn't work so well for about 6 or so aliens blasted off the ceiling.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

And worked perfectly well for however many others weren't blasted.

I never said it was a sure thing, but Aliens can dodge those plasma blasts if they're on the ball.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2011, 11:12:57 PM
Didn't work so well for about 6 or so aliens blasted off the ceiling.
Three.
The Grid-Alien perfectly showed what Alex tried to say, though.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Grid reaffirms that the Aliens are not just unintelligent "bugs" by sneaking up on Chopper, dodging the plasma shots on the ceiling, waiting for the right moment after the net melted to lunge at Celtic, etc.  He is also a good boy who listens to his momma  ;D.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

One Alien out of how many though. The bug concept began with Cameron.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The insectoid features were first referenced by the Alien team. Cameron just knew about that and expanded on it a bit. It was the comic writers licking Cameron's balls that took it over the edge.

And considering that Scar fires a lot of blasts and kills about three or four Aliens, I'd say that dodging those plasma blasts wasn't too difficult. Especially since they know what's coming. To compound our point, one Alien was dodging bullets in Alien: Resurrection. At close range.

I mean, c'mon, dude. The plasma caster obviously blows them to bits really effectively, but there's nothing saying that it's a surefire hit in the first place. It's not like human beings have never evaded it, and Aliens are far more agile. A Predator just can't look at an Alien from long range and go "kerbang, you're dead". The shot has to be well-considered and well-timed. That's not always possible.

The whole scenario of one Predator taking down multiple Aliens with ease on a regular basis is a f**kup by hack writers who just wanted to have the next Aliens on their hands without understanding jack shit. That the only reason this crossover exists. If the concept was handled intelligently from day one, no-one would ever have this debate 'cause the false impression that Aliens will sit around and allow their asses to be kicked would never have taken root.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 04, 2011, 12:11:49 AM
The insectoid features were first referenced by the Alien team. Cameron just knew about that and expanded on it a bit. It was the comic writers licking Cameron's balls that took it over the edge.
Damn straight. The comics annoy me to no end. There was a video on the BD for an Aliens attarction, and it's "bugs this" and "bugs that." The whole bughunt reference in Aliens went totally over their heads. Feckin' EU ...

SM

SM

Feckin' Morse in Alien3...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2011, 12:41:46 AM
Feckin' Morse in Alien3...
:laugh: Funny how many people don't notice that. But I forgave Morse, he's a charmer.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 04, 2011, 12:11:49 AM

And considering that Scar fires a lot of blasts and kills about three or four Aliens, I'd say that dodging those plasma blasts didn't too difficult. Especially since they know what's coming. To compound our point, one Alien was dodging bullets in Alien: Resurrection. At close range.

I mean, c'mon, dude. The plasma caster obviously blows them to bits really effectively, but there's nothing saying that it's a surefire hit in the first place. It's not like human beings have never evaded it, and Aliens are far more agile. A Predator just can't look at an Alien from long range and go "kerbang, you're dead". The shot has to be well-considered and well-timed. That's not always possible.

The whole scenario of one Predator taking down multiple Aliens with ease on a regular basis is a f**kup by hack writers who just wanted to have the next Aliens on their hands without understanding jack shit. That the only reason this crossover exists. If the concept was handled intelligently from day one, no-one would ever have this debate 'cause the false impression that Aliens will sit around and allow their asses to be kicked would never have taken root.

Agreed. I think its fairly safe to say the caster is fairly useless at long rang for humans, and especially for xeno. The only way to use it effectively is at close-mid range (just not too close)

SM

SM

Why would it be useless at long range?  If the target is standing still - like Blain - they're deaded.

Ghostface

Ghostface

True that. But Blaine wasn't exactly long range either.

SM

SM

If the target isn't moving, the range could be extremely long and it wouldn't matter.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Well theres that. If a xeno gets pegged from long range for sitting on its hands, well, natural selection...

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Ghostface on Mar 04, 2011, 04:47:55 AM
Well theres that. If a xeno gets pegged from long range for sitting on its hands, well, natural selection...

Well , if the xeno isn't awared the pred presence , the shot can be done at very long range without problem

+ the plamsa caster isn't the only pred range weapon option . He also has his speargun (P2), wrist plasma launcher (P2), and i think that even his head seeking disk could be used (not 100% about long range effectivness)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed