Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,351 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 09, 2011, 10:34:17 PM
The people in AVPR couldn't drive away; the roads were blocked.  AVP didn't make any attempt to shock or scare the audience.  AVPR had surprise attacks like when the Predalien impales Ricky and when an Alien attacks the chopper.  AVP also didn't appear to make much use of darkness as we often see Aliens in very bright places where the fear factor is removed.

The roads were not blocked. The National Guards were dead. People had loads of guns and trucks and even tanks to go around. Cars, everything. An armed group of people in a car would made it just fine because its giant open space. And even if roads were blocked, its even better. Arrive at the blockade and youre safe with military around the perimeter. Not to mention that its an entire town, as we can see the character can walk freely most of the time because again, its such an open space. AVP is quieter, slower, actually has a buildup and a trapped group hundreds of miles away from any other human beings, trapped in a maze like rats with aliens running around

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 09, 2011, 10:02:04 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 09, 2011, 09:54:27 PM
I actually felt that AVPR was like Aliens (film) vs. Predator 2 (film).  It combined elements and similar characters from both movies and had them duke it out with each other.

It was the spiritual successor to neither. A more apt description would be every low-budget teen slasher flick ever made (films) covered in a thick paste of superficial references to the Alien (films) films and the Predator (films) films. AVP-R has more to do with Dinoshark vs Sharktopus (film) than Predator 2 (film).

I don't know, personally I put AvP:R on the same level as P2. Both are dumb fun. Predator 2 has a better script but the film is loaded with cheese.

Taxemic

Taxemic

^^^Agreed! But I'd rather watch P2.  :)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

At least the cheese in P2 is delicious, whereas in AVPR it tastes like someone left it outside for a few months past its expiration date.

First Blood

First Blood

:D

Taxemic

Taxemic

If P2 is the Chedder AVP:R = Limburger Cheese.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 09, 2011, 11:13:01 PM
At least the cheese in P2 is delicious, whereas in AVPR it tastes like someone left it outside for a few months past its expiration date.

Cheese only gets better with age.

See what I did there?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

80s cheese if always fun. Modern cheese = something ridiculous, silly and not fun

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 09, 2011, 11:38:58 PM

See what I did there?

Predator 2 was released 21 years ago.

See what I did there?  :D

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 09, 2011, 10:39:05 PM
Y- You...

Did you just say that AvP put the Aliens in a poor setting? Not the shit-film? The one where they were in Colorado?

Bwa-

I didn't say that AVPR had a better setting, in fact I think AVP had a better plot involving the pyramid in Antarctica.  I'm just saying that I think AVPR had a more similar dark atmosphere that was observant in previous Alien films.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 09, 2011, 11:06:58 PM
The roads were not blocked. The National Guards were dead. People had loads of guns and trucks and even tanks to go around. Cars, everything. An armed group of people in a car would made it just fine because its giant open space. And even if roads were blocked, its even better. Arrive at the blockade and youre safe with military around the perimeter. Not to mention that its an entire town, as we can see the character can walk freely most of the time because again, its such an open space. AVP is quieter, slower, actually has a buildup and a trapped group hundreds of miles away from any other human beings, trapped in a maze like rats with aliens running around

I'm pretty sure Dallas says the roads are blocked when he was trying to break into the gun store.  I also think there was a deleted scene where an Alien attacks two people in a car.  That could explain that; the Aliens could have been trying to contain all the people to areas near their nest.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 10, 2011, 01:34:40 AM
I didn't say that AVPR had a better setting, in fact I think AVP had a better plot involving the pyramid in Antarctica.  I'm just saying that I think AVPR had a more similar dark atmosphere that was observant in previous Alien films.
I'm just saying that I think AVPR had a more similar dark atmosphere that was observant in previous Alien films.
I think AVPR had a more similar dark atmosphere that was observant in previous Alien films.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 10, 2011, 01:02:30 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 09, 2011, 11:38:58 PM

See what I did there?

Predator 2 was released 21 years ago.

See what I did there?  :D

Why you...

Daken

Daken

I recently bought the BluRay copy of AvP-R an the picture is not as dark as the DvD. It yet still has a dark picture because it is some what of a Horror movie.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Daken on Jan 10, 2011, 05:46:07 AM
I recently bought the BluRay copy of AvP-R an the picture is not as dark as the DvD. It yet still has a dark picture because it is some what of a Horror movie.

I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened. The brothers had nothing to do with it, not that Im defending them.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 10, 2011, 05:53:50 AM
I did read somewhere that the DVD copy was darkened.

Why? ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed