Prometheus : The Fan Edit?

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Aug 11, 2012, 11:42:47 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Fan Edit? (Read 21,585 times)

antovolk

antovolk

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 30, 2012, 09:48:41 PM
Did you put the "Janek fills vickers in" back in ? i did not like that scene :laugh: Maybe because i want Vickers to be an android :P

Everything is in there.

Quote from: szkoki on Sep 30, 2012, 10:01:33 PM
then maybe i'll render then my version in a bunch of small parts and cut them together and render in a whole movie with the program u used

i just dont want to mess with the sounds, fades again... who long did it take to render the movie for you?

1.5 hours, 720p, bitrate 3.5 Mbps

Snowdog

Snowdog

Did you cut out the unfinished shots from the deleted scenes ? :laugh: I'll shut up now :-X Should watch it first ^^

antovolk

antovolk

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 30, 2012, 10:07:52 PM
Did you cut out the unfinished shots from the deleted scenes ? :laugh: I'll shut up now :-X Should watch it first ^^

As much theatrical footage as possible is spliced back into the deleted scenes where necessary.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Cool :) really looking forward to it

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The very first scene with Shaw and Holloway doesnt seem necessary... the hangar briefing ends up repeating some of the same exposition anyway. (and introduces the characters as well)

I'd cut that scene if i was doing a fan edit :P

Snowdog

Snowdog

If i do a fan edit (when i have enough time :P) i'd cut the opening sequence. Put in the weyland TED talk, after that the Title of the movie and cut to the first Prometheus scene. Gives Weyland a lot more character development in the movie. It is a character with so much potential but they killed him off in the first movie :(

samoht

samoht

It needs the other mutated fifield. Please take out the super zombie meatball boogie man that we got.

thecaffeinatedone

I have an idea. You know the scene where Holloway's like, "I'm an asshole and your a robot, anything and everything, bro" and then David poisons him? Make it so that the scene ends with David saying, "Thought you were running low"  and picking up the glass. Also, cut out Milburn and Fifield's death, or have the hammerpede's hand strike happen immediately, without Milburn fumbling around and playing with it.

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Quote from: antovolk on Sep 30, 2012, 09:40:24 PM
Includes ALL THE DELETED SCENES reinserted back in with minimal removal (apart from to replace a scene with its alternate counterpart) of footage from the theatrical version. Runtime is 2 HOURS 19.

Good stuff, man.  I'm definitely looking forward to it.  This is the way to go if you really want to be the premier fanedit - then others can cut/mix scenes if they'd like to make their own.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2012, 01:33:39 AM
QuoteSometimes fan edits are actually better, because fans are just simple folks and can experiment a lot.

Example?

Star Wars: The Phantom Edit. I like the other regular version too but this was pretty cool to watch and I liked it better.

thecaffeinatedone

Don't forget about the Terminator 3 fanedit

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 01, 2012, 04:14:46 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2012, 01:33:39 AM
QuoteSometimes fan edits are actually better, because fans are just simple folks and can experiment a lot.

Example?

Star Wars: The Phantom Edit. I like the other regular version too but this was pretty cool to watch and I liked it better.
the only way that edit made sense was to watch the the official versin first - which kind of defeats the object. TPM had too much exposition for sure, but said exposition was needed.

monosonic

monosonic

Hey yall , i worked on a fan edit the past week that includes the cuts scenes with some added music cues to smooth out transitions and intensify the alien experience with the engineer and shaw better axe sequence. ahemm...Jerry Goldsmith to be specific!

PM.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: antovolk on Sep 30, 2012, 10:06:22 PM
Did you put the "Janek fills vickers in" back in ? i did not like that scene :laugh: Maybe because i want Vickers to be an android :P

Everything is in there.

then maybe i'll render then my version in a bunch of small parts and cut them together and render in a whole movie with the program u used

i just dont want to mess with the sounds, fades again... who long did it take to render the movie for you?

All of the alternate scenes? Did you use any of the theatrical versions?
And did you color grade the deleted scenes?

antovolk

antovolk

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 04, 2012, 07:08:49 PM
Quote from: antovolk on Sep 30, 2012, 10:06:22 PM

Everything is in there.

All of the alternate scenes? Did you use any of the theatrical versions?
And did you color grade the deleted scenes?

Alternate scenes replace theatrical versions. Theatrical footage used though where possible to compensate for incomplete VFX etc (some of the shots are identical)

And all the scenes are color graded to fit theatrical as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed