Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:19:42 AM
$35 for a pack?! :o
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 05:11:57 AM
Accidentally got free cigarettes at the store. Normally it's the sort of thing I'd be honest about, but at $35 a pack I just took the win.
Alien Films / Re: Okay, one single question ...
Last post by SM - Today at 02:16:00 AM
Ripley stayed alive.
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1787677494226694417

First reactions are starting to come out. God, I am getting like, unbearably excited for this release.
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Yesterday at 04:02:06 PMThe only change the classic Alien design needs is making it stands on the tip of it's feet to give it the more alien look while keeping the human shape, like this edit I made of the DBD model for example
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/687781300232388650/1237071841500332082/alien_dbd_movie_proportions3.png?ex=663a506e&is=6638feee&hm=932af1f5ebb6a2bf742d2c813c962140acf318b244ee5b98c0c27fd058e71f55&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1177&height=671
Do you have an HD image of this if so I want it.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Shogun (FX)
Last post by ace3g - Today at 01:11:08 AM
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Tron 3
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:53:37 AM

Production has wrapped.
FX's Alien Series / Re: Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘...
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 12:42:47 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 06:29:17 PMI too have said I prefer to imagine David recreated / reverse engineered xenos from the pathogen...

But judging by Ridley's desires to put David in the Jockey chair, I'm going to take a wild guess that instead of rolling with the simplest option, it'd be something outlandish where the movie was going to end with him being defeated in the (soon to be) derelict on his way to Earth, by someone flying their ship into his sacrificing themselves (cause just like 3 lots of blowing a xeno out of an airlock, we'd have to have a repeat of Prometheus, right?) 🤣the derelict spiralling out of control into a natural space phenomena like a black hole.. as the g-forces kick in almost pulling the ship apart, David looks down as his chest starts convulsing, he smiles as a biomechanical burster pops... "The trick, Will Potter, is not minding that it hurts..." He lays back triumphant and the helmet closes around him. Final shot is the derelict spinning into temporal distortion ripping off the final shot of 'Event Horizon'... we're all supposed to be mind-blown that the Alien is both created by David recently, *and* Ancient by the time Alien happens, knowing it ends up crashing in LV-426 thousands of years in the past without showing it...

That's the kind of shit take I envision we'd have received. 🤣

See, I believe what you just described is the simplest option for the last prequel. It's been theorized for seven years to the point that we all actually believe it's what Ridley is planning to do: That he has such a love for David that he's willing to put him into the infamous chair. Even though, to my knowledge, he's never alluded to doing so whatsoever. I just cannot see that happening. No one wants it. And I do think Scott's smarter than that.

He subverted exceptions with Prometheus. We expected something leading directly into Alien. He did it again with Covenant. We expected a story about Shaw and David. We expect he'll put David into the chair and make him the creator of the original Alien with the crew of the Covenant being the Derelict's eggs. We've had too long to think about this. And given that a final movie, even if it were green-lit today, would still be at least 3 or 4 years out, I'm positive he'll do something else from what we all expect.

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Yesterday at 07:48:35 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on May 03, 2024, 10:27:20 PMThe more important question is "How do you defeat David?" You prove to him that he can't create. You take away the very thing he's spent so much of his time believing he's capable of. The thing that makes him think of himself as a God. He'd go haywire and overload just from the very thought of it.

I think Ridley has already validated this idea.

At SXSW, while promoting Covenant, Ridley discussed AI and said:
QuoteCan you have a computer write a book? Or Write a screenplay? Or write a poem? It's always going to be very derivative and only based on what has been done in trillions of ways before.
https://movieweb.com/alien-covenant-director-cast-interview-scott-waterston-mcbride/

Granted, I don't think he's talking about the Alien movies here and he's discussing Chat GPT-type stuff. But still, he's saying right here that AI would be incapable of true, honest creation.

^ YES! I agree. Scott's left us little interview clues here and there for years that all this is leading to him saying AI cannot authentically create, and that what AI does create is simply derivative. There's absolutely no point to Scott's comments in that interview if that's not what he's attempting to say in David's relation to the Alien.

Scott shows it in Covenant. David states he created perfection with the Praetomorph. That derivative, non-biomechanical Alien immediately fails and even attacks a non-lifeform; the cargo lifter's giant clawed crane. The Queen in Aliens knew that it needed to get to the operator of the Power Loader, and not bother with the Power Loader itself. David's Alien was terrifying and animalistic, albeit imperfect.

Also, given that LV-223 and LV-426 both orbit Calpamos, it's wildly messy storytelling to have David backtrack all the way to that planetary system for the third movie just for him to then crash land on LV-426.

Prometheus and Covenant both opened with flashbacks and I can already envision the third prequel opening with a flashback 2000 years ago of a lone Engineer checking his stockpile of Alien eggs, putting them into stasis for the journey to LV-223. Something goes wrong or he makes a mistake and gets a little too close and he's ultimately facehugged. He wakes up and gets himself into the chair and as the Derelict enters Calpamos' orbit, he's chestbursted and the Derelict falls to LV-426's surface. Cut to crazy David on the Covenant still headed to Origae-6 thinking he's God ;D

Alien hasn't broken on-screen continuity for 45 years. Not to the point where it makes other mainline entries null. For Hawley to come out of no where with the first ever Alien series and decide to break the universe's established lore is crazy to me. Hawley didn't say he'd step on anyone's toes. He just said the prequels aren't useful to his project. That's why I believe Hawley knows what Ridley is up to, especially since Scott's producing.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 12:12:39 AM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed