Cvalda

Cvalda

Go Siggy, gettin' them nerd licensing dollas :laugh:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

We better get an Alien 3 bald Siggy figure, eventually! :P

Vark_

Vark_

I was gonna post their tweet right away, but someone was faster  ;D.
HUGE news indeed, and much rejoicing !

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 18, 2014, 08:18:39 PM
We better get an Alien 3 bald Siggy figure, eventually! :P
Def more pleasing to the eye than RIPLEY w/ 80s PERM ACTION! ;D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

79 Siggy will have a flamethrower
Aliens Siggy will have a rifle/flamethrower duct tape, combo.

Alien 3 siggy will have a madafaking steel pipe.  :laugh:

Predalien91

Predalien91

YES YES YES. God I just came! I gotta make more room on my shelves. Thank you NECA for providing this fan service! Finally a Ripley figure.

Master

Master

Now that`s the news. I piss on Kenner Predators, this is something I was waiting for! Gimmie pics NAO!

drsmuts

drsmuts

Fantastic news....they had hinted at it but it's finally reality!

Can't wait till SDCC to see the unveiling!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 18, 2014, 03:45:28 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2014, 03:23:12 AM
There's a ton of problems with the theory. It assumes every single Alien we saw in the movie was at least like 2 days old (despite new Aliens being born right as the movie is taking place), and the molting doesn't address things like the very different hands/forearms/feet, or even the differences in the head.

Not many problems that I can see.  I think the differences in the hands, arms, and feet could simply be another part of the growth process. 

Also, even though directors' comments aren't always canon, the growth theory isn't just some fan "misconception" - Jim Cameron himself supported it.
My comment was largely tongue-in-cheek (hinted by the smiley I used). It was mostly because the "molting" idea was being stated as a fact, I was commenting that it's just one interpretation. :)

But if its hard to believe that every single Alien in ALIENS had to be at least two days old , why is it any easier to believe that Aliens can look different yet every single Alien in ALIENS looked damn near identical?
Because the molting idea falls apart when you look at the other movies. In a bubble, with just 'Aliens', the molting idea works. But when you start factoring in the time-frames of 'Alien3' and 'Alien Resurrection', it stops working.
In 'Aliens', you're assuming that every single Alien is old enough to have molted - that puts the threshold at, like, at least a day or so old where they still have the smooth head before they lose it. So that assumes that every Alien in 'Aliens' is at least a day old, despite us seeing Aliens being born literally on-screen as the movie is taking place.
And then if you factor in the other sequels, they span an even longer timeframe than 'Alien' did and still have smooth-headed Aliens the entire time. Now for the "molting" idea to work, every single on-screen Alien in 'Aliens' needs to all be at least several days old, despite evidence to the contrary.

And of course it goes right out the window if you factor in the AvP movies, because AvPR had ridged-headed ones right from the get-go.

Why do they look consistent within their given movies? It's obviously a stylistic choice on the part of the filmmakers, but the my preferred "in-universe" explanation is "they're Aliens and they do weird and unpredictable shit we can't explain", which has been a cornerstone of the creature's concept since 'Alien'. :P

Vark_

Vark_

Official post on NECA website for Weaver likeness :)

http://necaonline.com/46990/blog/news-and-announcements/alien-35th-anniversary-first-ever-figures-of-ripley-with-sigourney-weavers-likeness/

(check the other posts below on their site, they have created another version of Jonesey the cat, this one is hissing at the Big Chap)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Wonderful!

Shadow

Shadow

Shit really starts to get serious now!, and the wallet starts to get sucked dry

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm not terribly concerned with having a Ripley figure (Although I'd definitely  buy one if she came with a pulse rifle/flame thrower combo). I'd consider getting the power loader depending on the price, and doing a larger version of the diorama that came with the collectors edition f ACM.

SM

SM

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 18, 2014, 07:15:52 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2014, 06:12:25 AM
QuoteThe animal instinct would reason as to why the Runner is so violent, to the point of outright murder where-as the other aliens were very apt about keeping their victims alive for incubation.

Kane's Son killed three out of four victims outright.  Was Kane's intelligence similar to that of a dog?

Ummm.. No, we never see this.
We see them being violently injured yes but it's never made a fact of that anyone was killed other than Kane himself.
You can certainly interpret them as being dead, but it's never made a fact of.

Ripley blew up the ship to destroy a creature that hadn't actually killed anyone...

:laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2014, 11:20:47 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 18, 2014, 07:15:52 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2014, 06:12:25 AM
QuoteThe animal instinct would reason as to why the Runner is so violent, to the point of outright murder where-as the other aliens were very apt about keeping their victims alive for incubation.

Kane's Son killed three out of four victims outright.  Was Kane's intelligence similar to that of a dog?

Ummm.. No, we never see this.
We see them being violently injured yes but it's never made a fact of that anyone was killed other than Kane himself.
You can certainly interpret them as being dead, but it's never made a fact of.

Ripley blew up the ship to destroy a creature that hadn't actually killed anyone...

:laugh:

Well brain-dead, or some being turned into horrible egg-morphs if you go by the DC but yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed