What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 26,301 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 21, 2019, 01:27:38 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 20, 2019, 11:06:25 PM
Of course. I make a p2 reference and you gloss right over it.  :laugh:

As in "Sh*t Happens"?  Just a wee bit of a stretch, but okay. Good job  Have a cookie.

https://i.imgur.com/dTo3a.gif

It's OK. I didn't see it, either. :c

PredBabe

It's ok, Huggs, I caught the reference  ;)

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Mar 22, 2019, 12:28:39 AM
It's ok, Huggs, I caught the reference  ;)

Thanks.

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 21, 2019, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Mar 20, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
What happened to Royce?  :'(

What happened to Isabelle?  :'(

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2019, 10:39:27 AM
Dude fought a Goro Predator.

Now that was a bad pointless comic.

That will forever be a question of mine, to infinity  :(

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 23, 2019, 02:07:40 AM

Leaving their fate open like that was a bad idea, I would have preferred if Classic had survived and escaped with Royce and Isabelle, then had a sequel with those 3, with Classic eventually developing a relationship with them like the one Ahab had with Galgo.

But no, they needed the trash the original creature to make the Berserker look good.

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 23, 2019, 02:28:37 AM

Leaving their fate open like that was a bad idea, I would have preferred if Classic had survived and escaped with Royce and Isabelle, then had a sequel with those 3, with Classic eventually developing a relationship with them like the one Ahab had with Galgo.

But no, they needed the trash the original creature to make the Berserker look good.

I think so too.  Not that I believe Royce would have been a perfect substitute for Galgo, but he would have made a good predecessor.  Would have also helped gauge audience interest in a future movie with the actual Ahab and Galgo.  (You know, if a jump in the future were too unfamiliar for the public, at least having a recognizable "relationship" (if you want to call it that) between a main human and Predator would have helped transition between the different time periods.) 

Guess he/the movie just didn't have enough backing or popularity to follow-up.  Or something  :-\

AhabPredator

Quote from: Wysps on Mar 23, 2019, 03:00:56 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 23, 2019, 02:28:37 AM

I think so too.  Not that I believe Royce would have been a perfect substitute for Galgo, but he would have made a good predecessor.  Would have also helped gauge audience interest in a future movie with the actual Ahab and Galgo.  (You know, if a jump in the future were too unfamiliar for the public, at least having a recognizable "relationship" (if you want to call it that) between a main human and Predator would have helped transition between the different time periods.) 

Guess he/the movie just didn't have enough backing or popularity to follow-up.  Or something  :-\

Yes.

10/10

Yes.

How can I make this happen?

Samhain13

Tell Fox you already have a suit ready for them. They don't need to pay for ADI this time.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 27, 2019, 02:29:28 AM
Tell Fox you already have a suit ready for them. They don't need to pay for ADI this time.

:laugh: Yes, indeed! Maybe I can write them a coherent story this time around...

Kradan

[cancerblack]

Most of the bit between the crabator being strapped down and making it to the surface is pretty okay. But not all of it, and not anything either side of it.

HuDaFuK

I liked quite a bit of the film to be honest. It was mostly the bad editing (result of reshoots, methinks), weak final act (again, reshoots) and the terrible final scene (three for three) that dragged it down.

Would also have preferred it if it was made clearer that the DNA-harvesters represented a minority/splinter group in Predator society.

BigDaddyJohn

That was a mess, definitely. But a fun mess nonetheless !

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 04, 2019, 09:28:35 AM
I liked quite a bit of the film to be honest. It was mostly the bad editing (result of reshoots, methinks), weak final act (again, reshoots) and the terrible final scene (three for three) that dragged it down.

Would also have preferred it if it was made clearer that the DNA-harvesters represented a minority/splinter group in Predator society.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 04, 2019, 12:48:38 PM

I could watch Sterling K. Brown play Traeger all day.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 12:54:31 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 04, 2019, 09:28:35 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xQdtCbTyk6Sxq0/giphy.gif

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 04, 2019, 12:48:38 PM

I could watch Sterling K. Brown play Traeger all day.

Agreed ! A few fun characters also, and he is one of them !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed