What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,785 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

We just got a bunch of rain with the storm but no bad weather.

We haven't had all that many storms this year tbh. 

But we still had a tornado touchdown early in the year, so I went and verified that we have had at least once touchdown in the county for every year since 2015.

But the rain allowed my college football team to start a WR at QB and rush for 200 yards and lead the team to VICTORY. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 25, 2019, 05:31:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 25, 2019, 10:00:40 AMThanks, Rabbit. I've made it past my 30th without a heart attack as I was expecting so it's already not going to plan.

Any grey hairs yet?

For about 10 years.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 25, 2019, 09:53:42 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 25, 2019, 05:31:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 25, 2019, 10:00:40 AMThanks, Rabbit. I've made it past my 30th without a heart attack as I was expecting so it's already not going to plan.

Any grey hairs yet?

If he's anything like me, they arrived at 20, not 30.

^^ Yep.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I haven't seen any gray in any of your pictures.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He names each one after an AvPG poster.

Huggs

Huggs

Sometimes it's just genetic. My father had grey hairs at 21, and his father did before him. I saw my first one at 19. But I keep a buzzcut, so it's hard to tell from any kind of distance.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I inhereted a stripe of white hair from my mother, which I believe started at age 19 and took a year or so to fully develop. Since then I've had a lot of more normal grey appear on the sides.

Huggs

Huggs

I only just had the few, maybe a dozen or so until I went through a really bad year just a few years ago. The endless physical and emotional stress caused that number to nearly triple.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2019, 03:10:08 AM
I only just had the few, maybe a dozen or so until I went through a really bad year just a few years ago. The endless physical and emotional stress caused that number to nearly triple.

Same really, except it was 11 bad years.

Huggs

Huggs

I learned a lot, but I don't miss it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 27, 2019, 07:31:24 PM
I haven't seen any gray in any of your pictures.

I'm not talking a full head of grey or anything, but I get greys in the bits by my temples.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 28, 2019, 03:01:41 AM
I inhereted a stripe of white hair from my mother, which I believe started at age 19 and took a year or so to fully develop. Since then I've had a lot of more normal grey appear on the sides.

I had an old school friend who had a white streak too. Kinda like Data in All Good Things. I always thought it was cool.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2019, 07:00:13 AM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 28, 2019, 03:01:41 AM

I had an old school friend who had a white streak too. Kinda like Data in All Good Things. I always thought it was cool.

Yeah I like having it. The position makes it hard to see unless you're a good bit taller than me though, unless I cut/style specifically to play it up.

Huggs

Huggs

A nice long evening walk.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I take it you didn't stumble across any dead bodies or occult rituals this time.

Huggs

Huggs

Nope. Just some light mist.

And no sooner have I said that, and the 8th emergency vehicle just flew past.

I guess I just missed all the excitement.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

A mist and now emergency vehicles?  I think you'd better hightail it to the nearest supermarket.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed