What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,881 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Got myself a nice new laptop from Waitrose, with all the stuff I could have got from PC World for a third of the overall price because it turns out I can still use the older programs on the new windows 10.

Up yours Currys/PC World

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Book a last-minute holiday to Venice for next week!

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2018, 10:35:07 AM
Book a last-minute holiday to Venice for next week!

Far Out!  (forgive me been listening to John Denver)   

I won an auction on eBay for a early ALIEN related magazine.  ;D 

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

I went to print out pictures I took on my trip to Sydney and the computer bugged out(technology does that to me) and got 3 copies of everything for the price of one.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

A day totally to myself.  No demands. No obligations.  8)

Completely self indulgent.   ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 01, 2018, 08:00:46 PM

Those days are definitely to be treasured.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 01, 2018, 08:00:46 PM

I do love them days!  ;D

Then I feel guilty when I did nothing with them.  :-\ Not enough time in the world.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Happy Jurassic Fourth, Errr I mean July 4th ;)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

When you take a nap and dream about the guy you always liked and he was in your bedroom, all excited to see you :D

Huggs

Huggs

Well it all happened in the span of about 30 seconds but it was something else.

I was pulling out of a store parking lot today, and got stuck in a line of cars that were waiting to pull out. Naturally, a domestic issue started up right next to my car. Some dude yelling at what I can only assume was his girlfriend. He starts swinging the bags that are in his hand, as the happy couple begin circling each other. I'm starting to chuckle alittle because it's so damn dramatic and hilarious.

Then he starts to drop the f-bombs and certain four letter names for the female gender. And I mean he was screaming at the top of his lungs. And bless his heart, there was this one scrawny lookin dude that was standing not 4 feet away from the whole thing, texting on his phone and not giving a damn about the show that was going on right behind him.

So the guy swings the bags one more time, and knocks over a large metal ashtray. It's the kind that has a long thin tube coming up out of it. So he grabs it like a baseball bat, and swings, and I mean he really swung it, and missed. At this point shit has started to get serious, and I'm thinking somebody could get hurt. So he rears back to throw it, and loses his grip on it and it flies backwards towards a wall. Which was hilarious and a good thing because he would've hit my car. It was at that point, the guy on the phone decided it was time to get out of dodge.

So the psycho comes at the chick, and she maces him. Point blank. And I mean he got a heavy dose. She casually walks away, as the line of cars finally moves while some store employee is on her walkie-talkie telling somebody to call the cops.

So I'm just driving away, and he's back there, just hamming it up and acting like he's dyin'. He's got his hands on his face and screamin' "Lawd Jesus! Oh God, Help Me Lawd!" And he's trying to run and he's tripping over all kinds of displays. Then he made it to the shovel rack, grabbed ahold of it, then let go, turned and fell backwards into it. I had to pull over and stop because I was laughing so hard. He was wreaking more havoc than a bad construction crew. And it just went on and on.

The cops had him pinned down when I drove back by while leaving town. He ran the gauntlet though. Funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Holiday was excellent! Loved Venice. Also topped up my tan to the point where I think I've physically stopped getting any browner. I'm all tanned out.

Huggs

Huggs

Just heard from the Doctor. My results were great. I was concerned a rather serious (and potentially fatal) hereditary problem was presenting itself, but it's all good. I'm safe. I'm gonna be okay! Praise God, I just feel like I could jump over the roof.  :)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Time to go shopping at Neiman Marcus and spend 20K !

Glad to hear all is good, hereditary problems are always a problem in my family and nothing to poke at.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2018, 07:30:17 PM
Just heard from the Doctor. My results were great. I was concerned a rather serious (and potentially fatal) hereditary problem was presenting itself, but it's all good. I'm safe. I'm gonna be okay! Praise God, I just feel like I could jump over the roof.  :)

Great news!  Glad it all worked out.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it mate! Congrats!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed