What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 590,767 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 14, 2022, 02:00:47 PMIt's antipodean for "getting sick"

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Sep 18, 2022, 04:53:48 AMCelebrating 13 years married to my better half. I say this as we're stuck at home with 2 young kids recovering from being crook all week. Hahaha. Parenting and married life for the middle aged  ;D

Crook = sick, unwell, ill

My wife and enjoyed our evening watching a lovely rom-com called Silence of the Lambs  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love learning other slang. The antipodean ones are the best.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I imagine I am going to learn a lot of it frankly.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 18, 2022, 02:07:13 PMI love learning other slang. The antipodean ones are the best.

I always thought crook was a British expression as well but more lends itself to injuries. E.G. that football player is crook (injured). Maybe I'm wrong.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Crook to me says villain, blagger, wrong'un, criminal.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 19, 2022, 08:35:29 AMCrook to me says villain, blagger, wrong'un, criminal.

Yer we have that meaning here too.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

My promotion and payrise have officially come through

just in time for my birthday Friday

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Congrats!!

SiL

SiL

A proof of concept run on a complicated multi stage effects sequence I wanted for my film has worked out exactly as I planned, not only proving the concept but also confirming I only need about a third as much of it as I thought to make it work in the film.

Small victories.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

A cardboard box.

I work in a medical practice and we just had a new examination bed delivered. It came in a cardboard box with 1cm thick walls. I saw it just standing up against the wall, ready for recycling. It's very long, big enough to stand inside.

Suddenly I was 6 years old again. I could see the tall box as a coffin, a phone booth, a pirate ship, an egyptian sarcophagus, a hide-out ...

Made me wish I was 6 again, for just a little while.

Made me happy.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've managed to find three of the super rare Dark Horse Universal Monster novels for more reasonable prices than I've seen before.  8)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I rented my house to a Cuban family for two years, but now I'm back. It feels good, plus I love my garden 8)

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

426Buddy

Congrats!

I pieced my set together over time but was never able to get the last issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed