Best way to make an ACM game? share your ideas

Started by szkoki, May 07, 2015, 11:25:07 AM

Author
Best way to make an ACM game? share your ideas (Read 3,332 times)

szkoki

okay, this is the best co-op game imo in the past years online, offline next to the big titles like Little Big Planet etc.
so just Sega should hire arrowhead to make an ACM game like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROvRW2maO_0

i know its mostly like Star Ship Troopers, but hell a good bug hunt is a good bug hunt, imagine all with colonial marines, with different weapons, with different xenos, with different casts, with different ways to level up, characterize your soldier, option to play with Aliens, world wide ranking system,standings, live statistics just like here about the war between the xenos and human, playing in the appropiate environment...has lot of potential

THE CITY HUNTER

Just make ACM like the movies and the AVP games without the predators and you are sorted like predator concrete jungle

Jarac

Jarac

1. Hire a good developer with a real passion for the franchise (not Shitbox)

2. Keep a constant eye on them to prevent anything like the A:CM outsourcing and money-siphoning from ever happening again.

3. Leave Hadley's Hope and LV-426. Do a desert planet, a jungle planet, ice world... ANYTHING besides Hadley's Hope, again.

4. Hire good writers (hell, even decent writers)

5. No-more tie-ins to the Sulaco crew

6. Make it so that you can customize your character in the game and you take him with you from single-to-multiplayer.

7. Keep the hype minimal, show real gameplay.

8. Truly immerse ourselves in the world of Aliens like A:I did for Alien.

Really, just do what Alien: Isolation did in terms of not f**king things up.

WinterActual

Give the franchise to iD or TWI.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Jarac on May 13, 2015, 02:15:29 PM1. Hire a good developer with a real passion for the franchise (not Shitbox)

2. Keep a constant eye on them to prevent anything like the A:CM outsourcing and money-siphoning from ever happening again.

3. Leave Hadley's Hope and LV-436. Do a desert planet, a jungle planet, ice world... ANYTHING besides Hadley's Hope, again.

4. Hire good writers (hell, even decent writers)

5. No-more tie-ins to the Sulaco crew

6. Make it so that you can customize your character in the game and you take him with you from single-to-multiplayer.

7. Keep the hype minimal, show real gameplay.

8. Truly immerse ourselves in the world of Aliens like A:I did for Alien.

All of this.

One thing I would add though - I think a galaxy spanning aspect like the Mass Effect series has could be a good concept. You know, travelling to different worlds and whatnot. A similar degree of character customization and growth wouldn't go amiss either.

Jarac

I'd love to see Machine Games take a crack at it. Wolfenstein: the New Order proved that they know how to make a great, story-driven FPS. And I like their philosophy on multiplayer: if they can't do it right, they won't do it at all.

WinterActual

But ACM is supposed to be a coop game. Clive Barker's Jericho would have been hundred times better game if it had coop.

Jarac

Quote from: WinterActual on May 23, 2015, 06:11:11 PM
But ACM is supposed to be a coop game. Clive Barker's Jericho would have been hundred times better game if it had coop.

You are correct that it was supposed to be, but I don't think it had to be in order for it to be good. It just needed some attention and passion behind it. It got none of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed