Recent posts

On the subject of building, I'm sure I recall that during the concept phase for the unfilmed hive scene in Alien 3, that there would have been a blue laser/protective mist just like on the derelict in 'Alien' suggesting the Alien constructs it to protect the eggs..
AvP Galaxy News / Re: Announcing the Launch of o...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 03:01:27 AM
Quote from: chromhart on Apr 12, 2024, 02:09:46 AMHicks i was wondering if you could do a special on the cancelled Alien 5 on patreon?

Not sure if you have seen, but @Mikes Monsters has recently shared a video here that covers it in depth :-)
Well, if we're going redesign, may as well set it after Resurrection. If the Queen in Resurrection started its reproductive cycle normal and then gained a human reproductive system (giving birth instead of laying eggs) it stands to reason that the other xenos would inevitably go through a similar biological change... therefore, a standard xeno wouldn't eggmorph a host, but xeno-morph (lol) a host.. the host would change into a creature rather than an egg. If we assume they would also have more anthropomorphic features like the newborn, we could come up with some interesting designs... perhaps not all alike, but each a unique combination of xeno and human dna, resulting in similar but physically diverse creatures.
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:59:16 AMSo I re-washed it, and I can certainly say there were a some of things that I like but There are many problems with it. Really did have a strong start With beautiful visuals, but it's Dragged down by Dumb characters (Seriously why are the two couples making out in the shower even though their friends have been killed?), Plot holes, And a pretty Predictable twist at the end. But I could give it a six out of 10 if it weren't for David being the creator of the xenomorph. I mean, what a kick in the balls That would be if it was extended I absolutely detest this idea. Like seriously, did Ripley ever rewatch his own film? 5/10
Since Prometheus I had the thought that Ridley doesn't rewatch his own films after the editing
We likely wouldn't have so many great movies today if he hadn't brought so many of the masters under his belt. What a legend. Rest in peace!!!
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 02:10:38 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 01:59:59 AMYou'd be correct.
Wow.. I'm not even buying it and yet I want a refund.
Still wishing some dude never leaked the plot of the movie. None of you should know any of that stuff. Regardless on your opinion on the contents of it.

I found the execution more surprising and rewarding while I was watching and didn't know what was coming. Reading those or having them being told to you is never close to what's actually being presented in context most of the time. I found myself liking some of it because of HOW it was executed, when if I had read it, I likely wouldn't have. I get why people might not like what they've heard, but I also stand by judging the final product on it's own.

Big Godzilla and Kong fan, and when I was told years before we saw anything that Kong was going to carry an Axe in GvK, I haaaated the idea. Then I saw it in execution and totally loved it.

I know I'm probably alone in this opinion too. But I'm feeling truly lucky I didn't have it ruined or spoiled it for myself before getting to see it. I was able to decide what I did and didn't like on my own.
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1789474964325749088

God... this one hurts so much. I just always kind of felt like he was going to be around forever...
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Mike’s Monsters - Today at 01:59:59 AM
You'd be correct.
So I re-washed it, and I can certainly say there were a some of things that I like but There are many problems with it. Really did have a strong start With beautiful visuals, but it's Dragged down by Dumb characters (Seriously why are the two couples making out in the shower even though their friends have been killed?), Plot holes, And a pretty Predictable twist at the end. But I could give it a six out of 10 if it weren't for David being the creator of the xenomorph. I mean, what a kick in the balls That would be if it was extended I absolutely detest this idea. Like seriously, did Ripley ever rewatch his own film? 5/10
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed