Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,218 times)

Prez

Prez

Star Wars - A New Hope - finally getting the family started on the OT. It kills me a little bit how much ol George (who I love) messed around with `upgrades' in this film. So much unnecessary fluff. Also it's a bit comical watching the lightsabre duel between two old men after being spoilt by the swordmanship displayed in the PT films. That said I still adore this film even after 44 years.

Star Trek Nemesis about a third of the way through. Haven't seen this film since it was released back in 2002 (?).

The Living Daylights about half way through as well. Was cool to hear the a-ha title song (a personal fav of my wife and me). The production values once again seem rather dated even for a film made in 1987. I don't mind Dalton as Bond to be fair.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Star Trek Nemesis was actually pretty good. Tom Hardy was excellent as Shinzon. That was when I discovered his talent.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 21, 2021, 01:43:43 AM
Star Trek Nemesis was actually pretty good. Tom Hardy was excellent as Shinzon. That was when I discovered his talent.

When I saw it back when it was released I found it a bit ho-hum to be honest. Didn't realise it was Hardy until many years later ... even at that young age he is such a chameleon actor.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nemesis has a strong core idea that they didn't make the best of, IMO. It ends up feeling more like an excuse for Spiner to get a dramatic exit and Stewart to drive a dune buggy.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 21, 2021, 04:17:50 AM
Nemesis has a strong core idea that they didn't make the best of, IMO. It ends up feeling more like an excuse for Spiner to get a dramatic exit and Stewart to drive a dune buggy.

That is my recollection to actually. It didn't feel as grand as it should've been.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Prez on Jul 21, 2021, 05:55:54 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 21, 2021, 04:17:50 AM

That is my recollection to actually. It didn't feel as grand as it should've been.

It was better than Insurrection.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Fate of the Furious

Honestly, I had a good time watching this. It wasn't quite on par with 5-7, but was still pretty fun. Not really sure why I always see people talk about this like it was some huge shark jumping moment for the series. I will say though, that as much as I like Charlize, her character here was pretty crap and annoying.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Grumpier Old Men
Starring: Jack Lemon, Walter Mattheu, and Sophie Loren

Prez

Prez

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 21, 2021, 09:55:02 PM
Grumpier Old Men

The chemistry between Lemmon and Matthau was magical in anything they were in. Greatly missed.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Prez on Jul 21, 2021, 11:55:52 PM
Grumpier Old Men

Totally agree, they were comedy legends.
The chemistry between Lemmon and Matthau was magical in anything they were in. Greatly missed.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Pig (2021)
Nic Cage plays a guy living in the woods with his trusty truffle hunting pig. Then his pig gets stolen.
Started out alright but went downhill halfway through. Too bad, could've been a solid Cage revenge flick.
Cage's performance was solid btw.

Grumpier Old Men

Nice movie.
There's something special about quality old men movies.
Like Clint Eastwood's The Mule. And A Man Called Ove.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I agree, I wish they made more movies like Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men.

I watched "Up from The Depths (1979) thanks to a member sharing a poster of it. It is hilarious! Think of it as a spoof of Jaws in Hawaii. The funny part is the creators were divided on weither to make it serious or a total silly spoof, that makes it all the more funny. One of most comical scenes is people running from the beach into mainland, "Fish can't walk, they can't run either." XD

WARNING! There is some nudity, a Play Boy star takes her top off for for some shots.

Interestingly there is a Shark god in Hawaii called Kāmohoaliʻi.

Watch:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCbuscHWCM

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 22, 2021, 12:25:05 AM
Pig (2021)
Nic Cage plays a guy living in the woods with his trusty truffle hunting pig. Then his pig gets stolen.
Started out alright but went downhill halfway through. Too bad, could've been a solid Cage revenge flick.

How does it compare to Mandy?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Jul 22, 2021, 01:58:22 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 22, 2021, 12:25:05 AM
Pig (2021)

"Put...the piggy...back"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 22, 2021, 01:58:09 AM
I agree, I wish they made more movies like Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men.

I watched "Up from The Depths (1979) thanks to a member sharing a poster of it. It is hilarious! Think of it as a spoof of Jaws in Hawaii. The funny part is the creators were divided on weither to make it serious or a total silly spoof, that makes it all the more funny. One of most comical scenes is people running from the beach into mainland, "Fish can't walk, they can't run either." XD

WARNING! There is some nudity, a Play Boy star takes her top off for for some shots.

Interestingly there is a Shark god in Hawaii called Kāmohoaliʻi.

Watch:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCbuscHWCM

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window is pretty good as well
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2113681/
There's a sequel but I've read it's not that good.
Another one (sorta) is Tough Guys (1986)

Was it me who shared the poster because it looks familiar?

Quote from: Prez on Jul 22, 2021, 01:58:22 AM

Haven't seen it so I can't compare.
Tried a few times but the slow pace and psychedelic atmosphere turned me off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed