MARVEL : Alien vs Guardians of the Galaxy?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jul 03, 2020, 10:16:01 PM

Author
MARVEL : Alien vs Guardians of the Galaxy? (Read 3,664 times)

EJA

Didn't Marvel produce some sketches showing Star Wars characters interacting with Marvel characters a while back?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 04, 2020, 04:52:56 PM
Oh Lord, this will be terrible.  Unless it is just a side-Canon.

Assuming they do do any Marvel vs Alien crossovers (which, at this point, is just an assumption) I'm sure they will be no different from the old DC ones and certainly won't be "official" Alien canon.

Perfect-Organism

Ya, strictly speaking, I'm only talking about cross-overs.  I am optimistic about actual canon Aliens stories.

Xiggz456

I'm always going to be more excited for the standalone stories over a crossover but any new content is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Voodoo Magic

A crossover can certainly be fun... I just hope someone doesn't get the brilliant idea to incorporate these monsters permanently within the comic Marvel universe, leaving us a crossover vibe that lasts 24/7. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, especially where Predator is concerned.

Xiggz456

Considering Marvel is all about separate timelines/universes I don't think this will be the issue. They'll have a strictly Predator universe timeline and they'll have crossover predator/superhero stories in a separate timeline.

Perfect-Organism

I'm not a big Predator fan but I'd be ok with some Dutch stories leading up to a Dutch film.  (Retconning the Predator possibly)

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2020, 10:16:01 PM
I'm not sure if this was noticed before but, look at this David Finch artwork...

https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/content/prod/1x/alien_cover_finch.jpg

Star-Lord's Walkman:

Oh, f**k

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 04, 2020, 01:20:27 AM
Makes me think of this exchange that went viral in 2017 when Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant were playing in theaters. :D

https://www.dailydot.com/wp-content/uploads/519/a8/5d1a26397d7099bc-360x640.png

:D :D :D

Corporal Hicks

Marvel definitely need to focus on the individual series before they do any crossovers, but I would not turn my nose up at any 2 or 3 years down the line. Predator vs. Wolverine, Aliens vs. Venom. I am all up for that!

EJA

Black Panther vs. Predator

Voodoo Magic

In Wakanda?  That sounds like a good matchup!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2020, 08:44:51 AM
Marvel definitely need to focus on the individual series before they do any crossovers, but I would not turn my nose up at any 2 or 3 years down the line. Predator vs. Wolverine, Aliens vs. Venom. I am all up for that!

I do prefer the idea of 2 or 3 year waiting period, but Conan crossovers started 2-3 months in, so I have little faith such a crossover delay will occur unfortunately.

Ultramorph

We'll 100% have crossovers in the first year, probably alongside the standalone series.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 06, 2020, 04:00:03 PM
We'll 100% have crossovers in the first year, probably alongside the standalone series.

This.

Ultramorph

Not to say that's a bad thing. If we get a strong Aliens ongoing I'd be down for "Alien vs Predator vs the Marvel Universe."

j0nesy

it does make me wonder how both xenomorph's and yautja would stack up against "superheroes", we're so used to seeing them against regular humans, which i think is part of the appeal, but could be interesting to see how level the playing field is when they're facing venom or wolverine, for example

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed