MARVEL : Alien vs Guardians of the Galaxy?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jul 03, 2020, 10:16:01 PM

Author
MARVEL : Alien vs Guardians of the Galaxy? (Read 3,630 times)

Voodoo Magic

I'm not sure if this was noticed before but, look at this David Finch artwork...

Star-Lord's Walkman:

Kimarhi

GOTG are too OP for Alien. 

j0nesy

i had already called a "predator vs howard the duck" crossover, time to predict an "alien vs rocket raccoon" crossover too

courtesy of google

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Seriously though. I really would not prefer the first Marvel Alien comic to feature Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket and Groot. I love GotG, I love Alien, but certain things, in my humble opinion, just do not mix.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah if that's their first series I would just stop collecting the comics at this point and just end it when DH is done.

I don't mind crossovers, even the silly ones occasionally, but if they came out of the gate with GotG and Aliens I'de be disappointed 

Nightmare Asylum

Makes me think of this exchange that went viral in 2017 when Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Alien: Covenant were playing in theaters. :D

EJA

I don't think it's gonna happen.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: EJA on Jul 04, 2020, 01:34:09 PM
I don't think it's gonna happen.

One would think the same thing of Conan and the Avengers, once Marvel re-obtained those rights, yet...

Nightmare Asylum

Conan is a pretty different situation in my opinion. Conan isn't so much a franchise as it is a character not far off from being in the public domain that's been reinterpreted countless times for over 80 years now. That's not so dissimilar from Marvel using Lovecraftian creatures in their Doctor Strange comics and the like.

Voodoo Magic

I disagree. Conan has always been from the Hyborian Age and always had a well established lore, and much like Tolkien with Middle Earth, Howard captured its topography and did an excessive amount of world building of its countries, people, religion and politics, so much more than Alien. Howard also wrote out a piece not intended for publication detailing major events during this age, as well as ages preceding and following it.

EJA

I'm with Nightmare Asylum on this.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 04, 2020, 01:09:19 AM
:laugh:

Seriously though. I really would not prefer the first Marvel Alien comic to feature Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket and Groot. I love GotG, I love Alien, but certain things, in my humble opinion, just do not mix.

Agreed.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: EJA on Jul 04, 2020, 02:56:11 PM
I'm with Nightmare Asylum on this.

That's cool. I just see it as opposite. To get a horse riding  sword wielding, loincloth wearing Conan in the Marvel world you need to open up a wormhole or portal, or time travel if you accept Hyboria as our pre-recorded history. He is a human of the past, or a past.

To add an Alien to Marvel you can just simply add an Alien. It's out there in the deep corners of space with no further explanation required. Even with Weyland, it's all easier to assimilate and integrate into the Marvel present world than a barbarian of an old age that ultimately became the King of Aquilonia

Xiggz456

Ya I'm with Voodoo on this especially considering Conan is absolutely a franchise that spans books, comics, movies and video games. And Savage Avengers is pretty damn entertaining but Marvel is also doing standalone Conan stories that are set in the "Hyborian Age" so I think we can have our cake and eat it too with regards to having crossovers and standalone stories. (If Conan is anything to go by

Guardians vs Aliens makes sense in the fact that they already are in space. Really any of the space based characters could have the potential for crossover that isn't overly forced so Thor, Silver Surfer, maybe Inhumans just to name a few.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Oh Lord, this will be terrible.  Unless it is just a side-Canon.

It is also worthy of note that marvel made their own knock-off of Conan long ago for the Marvel Universe, Arkon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed