Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 79,699 times)

SM

Alien is miles ahead of the other adaptations.  It just gets everything right.

The other major problem with Newt's Tale is that it seems to be based on a script for Aliens rather than the film.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2017, 10:46:18 AM
Alien is miles ahead of the other adaptations.  It just gets everything right.

The other major problem with Newt's Tale is that it seems to be based on a script for Aliens rather than the film.

I think this was a question of DH trying to be clever.  This came out several years after the film and I presume they were trying to get people to buy it on account of it being different material than what was shown in the film.

Corporal Hicks

They should have just put both issues into the falling of Hadley's Hope. There was really no need for a one issue retelling of Aliens.  :-\

Russ840

Creative assembly should make Aliens: Isolation. It should cover the fall of Hadley's and you play as newt and some new character, switching between them. Story driven and survival based like the first but you have to build barricades and find supplies.

I bet they could give us a great 'Newts Tale'this way.

I thought the comic was weak.   

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2017, 10:46:18 AMThe other major problem with Newt's Tale is that it seems to be based on a script for Aliens rather than the film.

Was Newt's Tale pre- or post-Special Edition? I can't remember off-hand. Pretty sure they both came out around the same time.

Most of the more glaring inaccuracies seemed to be in the first issue.

SM

The whole ops battle is the same as a script (Vasquez and Ripley using flamethrowers, Hicks cutting an exit out of the airduct etc.).

The comic came out around the same time as the SE I believe, so it's unlikely they would've seen it when the comic was being produced.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2017, 07:30:19 PMThe whole ops battle is the same as a script (Vasquez and Ripley using flamethrowers, Hicks cutting an exit out of the airduct etc.).

Not really any different to Alien 3 having Dillon's original death, or Alien featuring the box Alien, I suppose.

SM

Yeah but they were based on scripts for an unfinished film.  Aliens had been out for 5-6 years when Newt's Tale came out.

Plus for something that's meant to be 'Newt's Tale'  a couple of sequences occur that she wasn't witness to.

HuDaFuK

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2017, 07:32:18 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2017, 07:30:19 PMThe whole ops battle is the same as a script (Vasquez and Ripley using flamethrowers, Hicks cutting an exit out of the airduct etc.).

Not really any different to Alien 3 having Dillon's original death, or Alien featuring the box Alien, I suppose.

And it had the Golic stuff too

Russ840

Bit of an odd request. I didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

Does anyone have a paperback copy of AVP three world war. If so, could you post some pics please. Back, front, spine and some shots of any extras.

Thanks guys.

Xenomrph

I've got the TPB, I'll try and snap some pics for you.

Russ840

SM

TWW cops more flack than I think it deserves.  I've always found it a bit too long though.  Would've preferred a bit more of Sereda after More Than Human, ast he's almost a throwaway character in TWW.

Russ840

I really liked it. Loved the covers for the series. Loved that we get an end to Machico's story.

I don't mind the art either. Im a fan of Rick Leonadi from his days on Spider-Man 2099. I can see how his style would be jarring to some, though.

I liked that Randy came back to do the story as well

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed