AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 360,863 times)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Well if they really wanted to do it right it would be a planet that looks a whole lot like Arizona in the future...with an asian chick replacing sanaa lathan.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

An Asian chick? Then we'd end up with some live action jap crap.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Private Hudson on Sep 18, 2009, 01:59:08 AM

Oh how I love narrow-mindedness.  ::)

-Rakai'Thwei

The Demon

The Demon

Tell me about it.  :-X

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Private Hudson on Sep 18, 2009, 01:59:08 AM

Holy unwarranted racism, Batman!

The Demon

The Demon

It reminds me of the remarks I'd hear from the hicks at school.  ::)

Rabies

Rabies

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 18, 2009, 10:27:31 AM
Holy unwarranted racism, Batman!

unwarranted and racism...
together?...no
since when?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

What I said wasn't racist at all, the Japs just come out with some dumb shit. Anything with Asians in it is bound to come out as some cartoony style shit.

SiL

SiL

Yeah, that's not racist.

That's just f**king moronic.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

No, not moronic. I am pretty much saying that Jap stuff should stay away from Alien/Predator/AVP movies. Last thing the franchises need is ninjas and god damn predators in Samurai armor.

SiL

SiL

They already wear samurai armour - What do you think the look was based off in Predator 2?

And you're saying all this ... for the thought of a Japanese actor being in the film. You've made the incredible leap from someone Japanese being in the movie, to everything being "Japanese", which is in itself inherently bullshit - You do realise that ninja shit and samurai armour-centric stuff accounts for very, very little of Japanese cinema, right?

Well, obviously not, but seriously - Stop being an ignorant f**k before someone comes along and decides to revoke your posting privileges.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Fine, I'll stop being 'ignorant'.

happypred

happypred

I wouldn't want the whole Machiko team up to be used in AvP3, we've already had a team up in AvP1 (albeit with a black chick), one chick-predator pairing is enough

If they want to do an AvP3 set in the future, I think they should draw their inspiration from AvP Duel (which has a team-up too yes, but it's not as prominent and is IMO more believable)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How about just drop a team-up altogether, base it off the original comic, but find a way to write the original team up out of the story? Still use the setting at the very least.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 19, 2009, 04:58:50 AM
How about just drop a team-up altogether, base it off the original comic, but find a way to write the original team up out of the story? Still use the setting at the very least.

I agree with you, especially 'bout the team-up part. However, I don't think it would be a good idea to base the movie on the original comic, but to use its setting might - just like you said - be the right way to go. What I didn't like about the comic (and as you all know I'm an Alien fan) is that there was too much focus on the Predators, and the Aliens felt really weak, uninspiring/derivative and bug-like (like they usually do in the comics). But I did like the desert planet and the whole Old West prairie town space pilgrims vibe and feeling Ryushu (right?) had. The two space truckers felt right and the colonists kind of felt like real people, which isn't that common in comics.

EDIT: Broken Tusk was too much of a super hero and Machiko was the typical genric run-of-the-mil heroine apart from being Japanese. And on a side note I think it would be cool if we for once had an Asian or Asian-American hero/heroine/main-character in AVP, since the absence of Asians in the A/P/AVP movies is quite striking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed