AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 360,780 times)

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 12, 2015, 09:56:25 AM
Quote from: Infected on Oct 11, 2015, 05:21:37 PM
And does it matter to you if it was an Prometheus engineer or a an Alien space jockey undefined engineer?

They're the same thing atm.  :P

I really want to see the Predators interact (on screen) with different Alien species. But I want them to do Alien vs. Predator right first!

Same here.

I only wonder how one could make the both creatures feel right, I want the Predator to be the bad guy even when there are aliens present, I'm not totally against a team-up but right now I feel that, if it's put in a movie that it should be some special circumstances behind it. A human killing an alien isn't one of those. Revenge caused by betrayal might be a good way to handle it...I think

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2015, 10:11:21 AM
I did an article earlier this year about my take on an AvP film - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/you-are-one-ugly-motherfu-my-wishlist-for-the-next-alien-vs-predator-film/
Yes a very well done article that was the first thing i saw when i joined the website and i wanted to do an Article on AVP isolation :D

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2015, 10:11:21 AM
I did an article earlier this year about my take on an AvP film - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/you-are-one-ugly-motherfu-my-wishlist-for-the-next-alien-vs-predator-film/
Nice!

But looking at it in my perspective, i dont think the predators would ever go into a space battle with the humans,
because they would be far superior and could take out a human armada with only one ship and that sounds to me that it goes into their nature.
And although the zero gravity battle sounds nice, i would rather see it between some aliens and humans/marines not only could this be as epic as the underwater scene in Alien: Resurrection (although the movie is crap that was nice) but could be a very cool way to show of the intelligence of the marines and the aliens, and offcourse maybe put in a predator to watch it all from a side.
I dont think predators would go into battle in a cold spaceship, they would immediately activate their arm nuke in my opinion, same as AVP that they never would go into a very very cold place, i grew up with the fact that predators only operate in very hot/warm areas.
and maybe near a warm place like on Hadley's Hope near the core, but evading corridors when come in contact with aliens.
And another thing is the superior alien breeding, they cannot mix with a predator nor can they be mixed with an engineer,
if it did happen then you would have had a inferior being, because xeno's are made to be mixed and created out of humans,
if you mix them with an engineer you get like the Deacon, a xeno without a killing jaw, same as with the predator you would have had a xeno that was born but looked like a freak and really only able to crawl or walk at the most,
scratch the predalien junk.

Excuse my bad English and writing,
now i go read your page 2 of your wishings :D

I think i fully agree with you on that page.
Predator the movie was build on script and then a lot of one liners came in and the though guys in the movie dared to express themselves, these movies now the one liners are already inserted into the script so they work towards it it doenst surprise you,
it doesnt do anything, its fake!
and evolution of humans and preds when going up against each other is a must,
lets say a predator goes into an area where the xeno is king the predator will have tech that will help him from whats going on around him, its like with our cars when we put it in reverse the back cam goes on, at one shoulder a cannon and on the other a detector or a 360 camera that picks up everything around him and warns him of movement like a cheat detector with online gaming like its not to set off when a leave falls off but gives him a warning of like a percentage of movement ok im going way too far in the tech stuff.
Same as with the marines, they know what they are up against so they get trained for that.
Elder predators talking to engineer leaders about politics and maybe some deals or maybe a bigger enemy besides the humans and on the other hand they are fighting each other,
same as whats going on with us in the world
It all needs to step up a notch
anyway thinking of all this, they need more then a xeno, engineers need to be in it and in an AVP movie where action will be a must.
its gonna be really hard to pull of a good AVP movie.
And yes i still believe in this franchise.
Oh yeah and no team ups

jimmylace

jimmylace

I've got an idea, which I think would work. Humans are always worse than the monsters they've created, or encounter. Or the monster is a punishment for their sin of hubris in the face of God. The golden rules of horror; Alien, Jurassic Park, Godzilla, etc etc.

So, you'd want the humans to be worse than the Aliens and the Predators. Disrespecting the natural order, playing God, that's worse than anything they do. We kill our own for a goddamn percentage.

So, the thrust of my idea: The story would center around an experiment in the Weyland-Yutani bio-weapons division.

Unwitting Marines are impregnated with a weaponised equivalent to a face-hug. Airborne spores. The hero has a ticking clock, the experiment results in carnage. The aliens, unexpectedly, attract a group of Predators.

Long story short, you have the Aliens and Predators wiped out, and end up with human equivalents representing each side; a Marine using Predator Tech from a fallen Predator, and a human villain;  a company mastermind who has enhanced himself with Alien DNA. A dangerous psychopath who wants to be the perfect organism. And is capable of taking down a few Predators himself!

I think it could be quite cool. Humans aren't reduced to fodder, or spectators, they really tie-in to the battle, and effectively become the creatures. Reminiscent of sort of a Blomkamp/Rodriguez take.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not too keen on the idea of spores (William Gibson tried it for Alien 3 and it wasn't great in that script) but I do quite like the idea of someone toying with their own DNA. I'd love to see a more humaniod biomechanical featured in the cinematic universe. Get Sil's species involved.  :laugh: I enjoyed the concept in Fire and Stone aside from the later rambling he went through.

SiL

SiL

So basically an AvP story where the Aliens and Predators barely feature.

No thanks. Had too many comics go down that path; it's not satisfying.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: jimmylace on May 07, 2016, 03:24:47 PM
We kill our own for a goddamn percentage.
A percentage of what? ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He's referencing Aliens.   :P

Kaltes

Kaltes

Honestly, I think the best choice is to either reboot (the AVP films, not the series from which they originate) or just set it so far into the future they can just go without mentioning the other two.

blood.

blood.

Why not a team up movie?

Remake under seige and recast Seagal as the predator and have an alien jump out of the birthday cake. Keep Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey though.

Russ

Russ

And the Predators arc is that he's a disgraced hunter forced to be a cook, but now he has a chance to shine. I love it, but only if we keep the scene where Busey dresses up as a woman.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Re: Unused Alien Film Pitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2016, 10:42:14 AM
Peter Briggs (writer of the first AvP film script) just shared this anecdote on Facebook:

QuoteSome (gosh) 20 years ago, a fellow writer (now director, with several critically lauded films with A-list talent under his belt) earnestly told me his pitch for an Alien movie. He was being quite serious, and said that it involved Aliens and time travel and mutating dinosaurs. He genuinely thought this was a good idea, and couldn't understand my point of view that he didn't have a clue about what makes an Alien movie work.

I had a hilarious mental image of what my friend's "vision" would look like. Today I found this. Yep. Oh, the hilarity.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153453379621854&set=a.146982971853.126323.562336853&type=3

When he says mutating dinosaurs, I'm guessing that what he actually means is giant mutant Aliens derived from dinosaur hosts.

It's easy to laugh at such ideas, but look at this.

Notice the Smilodon skull on the lower right?  I like that.  I could go for an AVP film set on a prehistoric world.  How does this world exist?  I don't know!   But imagine a group of Colonial Marines stranded on this planet with limited ammo, fighting off everything from pterodactyls to saber toothed cats, all the while being stalked by Predators.  They find an ancient pyramid and think they can take refuge inside but, goddammit, Aliens!

I know we fans want our Alien movies to be serious damnit, but an AvPvDvCM movie would really sell some popcorn.  Plus it would settle the very important Queen vs T-Rex debate.

So maybe this guy's core idea is viable;  it's just his approach that's wrong.  You don't need time travel to get dinosaurs, and you don't need Dinosaur-Aliens when your movie already has both.  It's redundant.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

As opposed to Brigg's idea for jump scares with Penguins, bullet time facehuggers and the lead female stabbing the Alien queen....

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was Anderson. Briggs' script was never filmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed