AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 360,789 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

There's enough "space" in the continuity to do something while keeping some ties with Prometheus...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

There's no need for ties with Prometheus. That just get's in the way of the main point of the damn thing.

THIS:

It's one of the reasons I rather liked the original AVP comic. It didn't bring WY or any of that into it. It had it's own corporation, and it's own characters, and relationships. It didn't have to harvest and pillage the entire canon and try to stitch it all together. That kind of thing is ultimately meaningless bollocks anyway.

SDR

SDR

They need to add the marines and move away from the scientist, civilian characters etc... this is why at least imo both movies failed since they were action movies and not thriller like the first Alien or in a way Predator 2.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 19, 2013, 05:58:05 AM
There's enough "space" in the continuity to do something while keeping some ties with Prometheus...

Prometheus it seems is still figuring out if it even ties to Alien to begin with. It doesn't need the extra mess that the AvP films create as we have enough continuity issues as it is.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

No matter what fox or whatnot comes up with, I want to see something new. Nothing based on comics, or full of cameos... just some mind boggling, disturbing new idea, that makes me shiver. Which no media connected to avp has done yet.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're asking for a blooming miracle.

Terx2

Terx2

Does anyone want to see a avp film without marines?

SDR

SDR

Quote from: Terx2 on Feb 24, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

Yes, Hollywood... it's cheaper with few civilians and some love story/drama.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'm sure they could do the marines very easily. There are so many prop replicas and fans out there with the gear, that even if they wanted to do the cheap route they could bring the marines back. I mean, even a TV show made for quite a bit of money (Enterprise) rented fan sets to do a nice throwback episode, and it looked pretty good.

Though, I have no problem seeing the CM's return. They can't just be there to fill out the guys with machine guns quota. They have to be entertaining, endearing characters, and represent the human faction well in the battle of the film. Anything else is a waste of material. Why bother if we don't do anything more than just having marines there?

Quote from: SDR on Feb 22, 2013, 01:54:37 AM
They need to add the marines and move away from the scientist, civilian characters etc... this is why at least imo both movies failed since they were action movies and not thriller like the first Alien or in a way Predator 2.

That doesn't really make any sense. Having "marines" with big ass machine guns implies more action. Having unarmed civilians getting caught in between the two titular characters (and if it had gone this way) having to adapt and come up with ways of defending themselves or evading the blood path, would be in some respect more interesting.

Take a movie like Die Hard, for example. One of the great elements of that movie is you can actually pretty much count all of John McClanes bullets. It becomes an additional layer of tension to the action sequences. Dwindling resources. Having an AVP movie set on a planet where you'd have the future version of cops, for example, could be an interesting twist. See how law enforcement in the future might evolve, and how they might react when faced with crazy crap.

There's lots of ideas, both cliche and out there. Honestly though I don't think Hollywood will touch this franchise again for a long time, if ever. It would take a really strong talent to step up and have a great idea for the story.

I still fondly remember Robodan's AVP trailer. That pretty much embodied the concept for an AVP movie before Anderson made his.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: SDR on Feb 24, 2013, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: Terx2 on Feb 24, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

Yes, Hollywood... it's cheaper with few civilians and some love story/drama.

I meant on the lines of Alien or Alien 3. Not like AVPR with they're bad teen romance. Less can equal more.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2013, 12:23:27 AM
You're asking for a blooming miracle.

Yea, but as I see a miracle is needed to make an avp that's somehow good (=successful and acceptable+enjoyable for the audience)

SDR

SDR

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 24, 2013, 11:42:13 AM
I'm sure they could do the marines very easily. There are so many prop replicas and fans out there with the gear, that even if they wanted to do the cheap route they could bring the marines back. I mean, even a TV show made for quite a bit of money (Enterprise) rented fan sets to do a nice throwback episode, and it looked pretty good.

Though, I have no problem seeing the CM's return. They can't just be there to fill out the guys with machine guns quota. They have to be entertaining, endearing characters, and represent the human faction well in the battle of the film. Anything else is a waste of material. Why bother if we don't do anything more than just having marines there?

Quote from: SDR on Feb 22, 2013, 01:54:37 AM

That doesn't really make any sense. Having "marines" with big ass machine guns implies more action. Having unarmed civilians getting caught in between the two titular characters (and if it had gone this way) having to adapt and come up with ways of defending themselves or evading the blood path, would be in some respect more interesting.

Take a movie like Die Hard, for example. One of the great elements of that movie is you can actually pretty much count all of John McClanes bullets. It becomes an additional layer of tension to the action sequences. Dwindling resources. Having an AVP movie set on a planet where you'd have the future version of cops, for example, could be an interesting twist. See how law enforcement in the future might evolve, and how they might react when faced with crazy crap.

There's lots of ideas, both cliche and out there. Honestly though I don't think Hollywood will touch this franchise again for a long time, if ever. It would take a really strong talent to step up and have a great idea for the story.

I still fondly remember Robodan's AVP trailer. That pretty much embodied the concept for an AVP movie before Anderson made his.

I understand what you're saying but take for example the Alien, Predator and AVP movies , when the human side wasn't soldiers they were just running, trying to escape from the enemy, something like that can work in a thriller imo but not in action. Both  movies "Aliens" and "Predator 1" had the human side scared trying to escape but when the alien attack they stand and fight and they were a descent enemy, also don't get me wrong because i don't wotn something like "Battle of LA" but something more like "Dog Soldiers" etc.
As for John McClane and future cops theme i definitely agree with you, this probably would work great.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

There is never going be a AvP 3....if we ever get another movie it will be a reboot.

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Feb 25, 2013, 03:42:40 AM
There is never going be a AvP 3....if we ever get another movie it will be a reboot.

Don't be so sure, I think that a AVP movie tied into the Predators movie could be possible.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

It depends on how Fox wants to continue to treat the franchise.  If they ever give it the big-budget-Hollywood-summer-event-movie-blockbuster treatment the concept deserves, it will surely be a reboot.  If they just want to squeeze out a profit through low budget and home video sales, they'll just keep making sequels.  The latter is more likely. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed