Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,159 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 15, 2012, 03:37:37 PM
The four pods on the ground are maybe just Hypersleep pods for the Derelict crew.

The question that really intriguing me is how the Jockey arrived on this planet and why ?

Some of the screenshots suggests to me, that we are dealing with both an engineer ship/vessel and some kind of ancient installation on the planet. The humans could be entering the installation first, where the gaping hole in the floor, the big head  and the dead decapitated space jockey they find could be located. If so, I would imagine that this fixed place and the ship were connected when we first encounter them. Later, the team could be exploring the control room etc. without realizing they are inside a vessel. Just a thought to add to the already existing 9748 theories lol... :)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

I've totally forgot about the dead Jockey.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Is it a dead SJ or a discarded SJ Suit?  :)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

If this is a dead Jockey. It must have been killed by the Engineer. Who else ? Was the Engineer on the run, chased by his own kind ?

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Mar 15, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Is it a dead SJ or a discarded SJ Suit?  :)
I seem to remember that Ridley said that the 'God(s) that gave us fire' suffered a terrible fate within this films narrative/univers, meaning not in a metaphorical sense. So, I'm inclined to think there's a body inside that suit and they bring the head+helmet back for studies in their ship (they might bring all of it, but we've only seen the head in the trailer).

My $0.02 anyway...

Infected

Infected

Its possible the jockeys aka the blue bald giant are some kind of thieves of somekind.
The other tech could be from the saucer shape aliens the more advanced.

Would explain a little why the derelict had lasers to keep the eggs in sleep stases because they couldnt control them and thats probably why a jockey got ripped open.

One theory also  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX85c5IlV6I#ws

At 0:17 to 18 or so you can see it jumping can someone make a gif? because the thing is wearing a helmet also in that clip.
And at 0:23 you can see the guys flaming things on the ground so the theory about the parasites could be solid.

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 15, 2012, 06:13:14 PM
If this is a dead Jockey. It must have been killed by the Engineer. Who else ? Was the Engineer on the run, chased by his own kind ?

Suicide, closed the door on it's neck.  Seriously.

Quote from: Eva on Mar 15, 2012, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 15, 2012, 03:37:37 PM
The four pods on the ground are maybe just Hypersleep pods for the Derelict crew.

The question that really intriguing me is how the Jockey arrived on this planet and why ?

Some of the screenshots suggests to me, that we are dealing with both an engineer ship/vessel and some kind of ancient installation on the planet. The humans could be entering the installation first, where the gaping hole in the floor, the big head  and the dead decapitated space jockey they find could be located. If so, I would imagine that this fixed place and the ship were connected when we first encounter them. Later, the team could be exploring the control room etc. without realizing they are inside a vessel. Just a thought to add to the already existing 9748 theories lol... :)

The Ampule Room looks to be a huge egg-shaped container buried in the rock and is seperate from the Derelict type ship (where that is hidden, who knows?). Also seems the initial expedition splits up; Shaw, David and Mudow(?) explore the Ampule Room whilst the rest; Holloway, Fifield and a couple of others search the remains of the indigenous Ancient Civilisation (which we have not really seen yet). It seems to be after they meet up, at the hole, that something bad happens to one or more of them. My guess is when they go down the hole.

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 15, 2012, 09:12:53 PM
The Ampule Room looks to be a huge egg-shaped container buried in the rock and is seperate from the Derelict type ship (where that is hidden, who knows?). Also seems the initial expedition splits up; Shaw, David and Mudow(?) explore the Ampule Room whilst the rest; Holloway, Fifield and a couple of others search the remains of the indigenous Ancient Civilisation (which we have not really seen yet). It seems to be after they meet up, at the hole, that something bad happens to one or more of them. My guess is when they go down the hole.

But the windows on the top of the more detailed picture of the ampule room look very much like those on the top of the derelict...which leads me to believe it is in either the derelict or a ship of it's kind.

ThisBethesdaSea

here's a better view of mutating guy.

zuzuki

zuzuki

I noticed that when they are in the caves and the Ampule Room they are wearing the suits from the first Empire promo images( kinda like a velvet looking material). And then when they are in the derelict and outside of it they are wearing the shiny latex type suits. So i don't think the ship is linked to the structures that house the Ampule Room. They are probably located in different places, who knows maybe even different planets

marsekay

marsekay

Whoa hold on, mutating guy in that picture looks rather f**king tall to me. didnt they get some tall "body actor" in? probably to play mutating guys "lanky" mutated phase.

If you straigten them out in their poses, the tall guys got to have a couple of foot on ridley. and hes on a step!
How tall is ridley scott?

I think this guy ends up pretty tall when he mutates into whatever the hell it ends up as.

EDIT: you can also see his head tattoos so i think its conclusive who it is haha.

ThisBethesdaSea

Imagine what Ridley/Fox AREN'T showing us! Holy shit!

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Mar 15, 2012, 04:12:12 PM
And it's obvious that the Genesis Device has been used on the planet. Movie is just a Star Trek rip-off, I want my money back.

Every sci-fi rips off Star Trek though. Inception completely ripped off my favourite TNG episode for instance (Inner Light). Still, it was a great film so I'm not complaining...

ThisBethesdaSea

Rips off Star Trek? Absolutely false.

These ideas, or, rather, the ideas presented to us through science fiction (films, tv shows, books, stories) have been around for a long long time.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: icedog97 on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
But the windows on the top of the more detailed picture of the ampule room look very much like those on the top of the derelict...which leads me to believe it is in either the derelict or a ship of it's kind.
I think you mean the orrery/sarcophagus/chair-room!?
Yes, thats propably in the derelict-type ship.
But that's all different to the ampule-room.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed