Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,174 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah they really are.

Like Alien and Aliens.

Except here I have real difficulty picking a favourite now.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 30, 2022, 11:04:59 PM
Yeah they really are.

Like Alien and Aliens.

Except here I have real difficulty picking a favourite now.

I hear ya. Same. Look I love the original - it's legendary and a classic but I think damn 2049 can stand on it's own too. It is my favourite film of the past decade and I am constantly listening to the soundtrack whilst I work (and dammit that is a Conestoga class ship hovering above the clouds in that shot ... HAHA).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

March viewings (* denotes a theater viewing):

Please Murder Me (1956, Peter Godfrey)
The Dark Knight (2008, Christopher Nolan)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012, Christopher Nolan)
The Hitch-Hiker (1953, Ida Lupino)
Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet (1965, Curtis Harrington)
The Batman (2022, Matt Reeves)*
D.O.A. (1949, Rudolph Maté)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005, Shane Black)
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020, Cathy Yan)
Shock (1946, Alfred L. Werker)
The Death Kiss (1932, Edwin L. Marin)
Encanto (2021, Byron Howard and Jared Bush)
Sisters (1972, Brian De Palma)
Batman Returns (1992, Tim Burton)
Taste of Fear (1961, Seth Holt)
Cast a Dark Shadow (1955, Lewis Gilbert)
Miller's Crossing (1990, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen)
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962, John Ford)
The Untouchables (1987, Brian De Palma)
Face/Off (1997, John Woo)
Pushover (1954, Richard Quine)
The Godfather (1972, Francis Ford Coppola)*
Dementia 13 (1963, Francis Ford Coppola)
Vertigo (1958, Alfred Hitchcock)
X (2022, Ti West)*
Woman on the Run (1950, Norman Foster)
Prisoners (2013, Denis Villeneuve)
Inherent Vice (2014, Paul Thomas Anderson)
Zodiac (2007, David Fincher)
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog (1927, Alfred Hitchcock)
The Most Dangerous Game (1932, Irving Pichel and Ernest B. Schoedsack)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2022, 08:45:10 PM
The Dark Knight Rises (2012, Christopher Nolan)
Face/Off (1997, John Woo)

;) 8)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2022, 08:45:10 PM
The Batman (2022, Matt Reeves)*

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Decker Sadow Reviews of Alien films and Predator films
Aliens
And So it Goes.

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

The Spine of Night, was an ok throwback to classics like Heavy Metal and Fire and Ice with an interesting concept even if totally wasted on a mostly nonsensical plot but hey, it has gore galore.

Previously saw Antiviral and loved it so I guess now I should see Possessor which is the director's more renowned work apparently.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Ivan The Insect on Apr 02, 2022, 01:32:50 PM
The Spine of Night, was an ok throwback to classics like Heavy Metal and Fire and Ice with an interesting concept even if totally wasted on a mostly nonsensical plot but hey, it has gore galore.

Previously saw Antiviral and loved it so I guess now I should see Possessor which is the director's more renowned work apparently.

Possessor is still at the top of my list of great movies I've seen this year!

Windfall (2/5)
It really did nothing for me....

Black Crab (3/5)
I was surprised I enjoyed this considering I'd read some negative reviews. It's really hard to look past Noomi Replaces' hair though..

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Apr 02, 2022, 05:59:41 PM

I was going to watch it when it came out but kind of forgot until I saw the actress in Mandy and remembered I had some unfinished business to attend to! Chose Antiviral first though as I prefer to start with the director's previous works if possible.

Black Crab (3/5)
I was surprised I enjoyed this considering I'd read some negative reviews. It's really hard to look past Noomi Replaces' hair though..

This one caught my interest with that intriguing trailer, I was left with the impression it's more of an apocalyptic tale but it's apparently not? No idea it got negative reviews... No idea it came out either lol...

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Ivan The Insect on Apr 02, 2022, 06:16:30 PM

I was going to watch it when it came out but kind of forgot until I saw the actress in Mandy and remembered I had some unfinished business to attend to! Chose Antiviral first though as I prefer to start with the director's previous works if possible.

Black Crab (3/5)

This one caught my interest with that intriguing trailer, I was left with the impression it's more of an apocalyptic tale but it's apparently not? No idea it got negative reviews... No idea it came out either lol...

Antiviral was good but Possesor really floored me!

Black Crab is definitely worth a watch IMO. You know there's a war going on but that's about it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Morbius

Not very good, but not the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. It's just really paper thin and not up to much. Leto does fine with the very little he has to work with, and Matt Smith is having a blast and is pretty fun to watch.

Stitch

Stitch

Kairo (Pulse)

Interesting J-horror linking internet usage with isolation and loneliness, and digital ghosts take advantage of this.

It's bleak, and better than my description sounds.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

RRR (2022, S.S. Rajamouli)

I'd be hard-pressed to imagine that any other movie this year is going to have me riding the high that I'm feeling coming out of RRR right now. This movie boasts some of the most entertaining action put to screen this side of Mad Max: Fury Road, and like Fury Road, RRR looks and feels more like a truly great comic book being faithfully brought to life on film than the vast majority of actual comic book adaptations tend to. The melodrama, the music, the myriad of tonal shifts, the sweeping friendships and romances and bitter rivalries are all dialed up to 11 here, and every one of these exaggerated beats it throws at the screen don't just land – they practically knock you back in your seat.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Kashmir isn't on Led Zeppelin IV. :laugh:

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Apr 02, 2022, 07:05:14 PM
Antiviral was good but Possesor really floored me!

Just finished it.

It's not often movie credits leave me with "WTF it ended?" realisation leading to confusion but it was one helluva trip! Great movie! Promising director! I'm looking forward to his future projects.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

"A duck. And I was about to try Latin!" :laugh:

Lord of War

Very well done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed