Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,456 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shanghai Noon

"You said wet shirt don't break, not piss shirt bend bars!"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 06, 2021, 03:10:02 AM
Shanghai Noon

"You said wet shirt don't break, not piss shirt bend bars!"

"That's because they're not injuns woman. They're Jews!"

Prez

Prez

Get Thrashed
Another earlier doco on the history of Thrash Metal. Those early years of Thrash produced some of the best Metal music ever. To think Peace Sells, Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood and Among the Living all hit around the same time is just insane.

Funny seeing a very young Corey Taylor (Slipknot) on this - also Phil Anselmo with long hair  ;D

SM

SM

Found this again finally after seeing it at an animation festival 20 odd years ago.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 06, 2021, 02:15:16 AM
LOTR

Ol' Sean getting himself killed, as usual.

Put up a decent fight mind.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The best.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Puss in Boots
A spin off that works

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Yesterday:
Children Of The Corn (1984)
Love the location, scenerey, setting, and the atmosphere.
But it lacks a bit of depth and the special effects at the end are quite terrible.
It was nice to see Linda Hamilton again though. Forgot she was in this.

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
Been some time since I saw it. Made me appreciate it more.
Such a great movie with an amazing cast, including goddess Salma Hayek.

Adventureland (2009)
Not bad, not great either, but ok.

Today:
The Siege of Firebase Gloria (1989)
Vietnam movie starring R. Lee Ermey.
Never heard about this one before. Doesn't come close to the great ones but certainly not a bad movie.
Yeah, it's quite 'murica, has a decent amount of clichés and lots of typical 80's style explosions but also features some quality dialogue and strong acting.

Up next:
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
Will Ferrell directed by Adam McKay (Anchorman, Step Brothers and The Other Guys) = quality comedy.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 07, 2021, 01:32:27 AM
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
Been some time since I saw it. Made me appreciate it more.
Such a great movie with an amazing cast, including goddess Salma Hayek.

Remember the first time I saw this and how I had any idea about that out of nowhere turn this film would take.... Like I'm going eh? Vampires? What the hell?
Still surprises me today. Love it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, first time I saw that I was kinda disappointed, because I got so into the first half I wanted to see the ending to that movie, no matter how good the second half was.

On a rewatch though I fell in love with it.

"Psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I watched Dusk Til Dawn five or six times but I've never given those prequels a go. Nor the television series. Incorrectly or correctly, I always assumed they're of the Starship Troopers vein and won't measure up to the original. (Full disclosure: I have given the Starship Troopers sequels a viewing, but that's just because I'm a much bigger fan of ST than I am of DtD.)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shanghai Knights

"I'm trying to get some food, he's asking me if I've got the clap."

Kradan

Kradan

Predators

Finally got to watch it with original audio (always watched in dub previously). To say the least, Brody's voice sounds ... interesting. There were times when I could close my eyes and imagine Batman fighting Predators. Thankfully, he didn't went into growling territory. I mean, I like the man in the role but he really tries to come off as "tough guy".

Nikolay's final line sounds so much better in dub though

Also, there are couple of things driving me nuts:

1. When they find that weird pointy structure how does Mombasa almost immediately recognises that whoever build it takes trophies ?

2. Not long after that scene, Royce claims that sun didn't move since they had got there. Does it imply that sun doesn't move at all ? Because if so how is it nighttime at the end of the movie ? Have our characters just on their feet walked to the darker side of the planet ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 08, 2021, 07:13:28 PM1. When they find that weird pointy structure how does Mombasa almost immediately recognises that whoever build it takes trophies ?

It's been a while since I watched it, but are there not trophies attached to it?

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 08, 2021, 07:13:28 PM2. Not long after that scene, Royce claims that sun didn't move since they had got there. Does it imply that sun doesn't move at all ? Because if so how is it nighttime at the end of the movie ? Have our characters just on their feet walked to the darker side of the planet ?

That one's always bugged me too, but I guess it's possible the sun's just moving very slowly in the sky and the planet has a much longer day/night cycle than Earth.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Aquaman

Best DCEU movie by a mile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed