Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,137 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 16, 2019, 11:37:52 PM
Deadpool 2: Extended Cut (3.5/5)

"I'm merely a vessel for the Lord"

As a fan of Deadpool, I wasn't too thrilled with Deadpool 2 Huggsy. Do you think the extended cut would change my mind though?

Huggs

Huggs

I don't know, honestly. I've never seen the theatrical version.

I can see how people would dislike it though. It moves pretty slow.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The two cuts aren't hugely different, just some extra/alternate jokes and a different musical choice for the Vanessa scene near the end.

6 Underground

I feel like there was maybe a decent action movie script at the start of this, but Bay's direction is just way too much here.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I was literally just hearing about that from a couple of mates who've seen it. They basically agree that he went completely overboard to the point where it's almost unwatchable.

That said...

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

...it turns out Bay can still make a decent movie when he tries. (Or perhaps that should be "tries a little less", given that this is pretty restrained for him). To echo a point I made about the DOOM movie, this is basically a poor man's Black Hawk Down, but the infantry banter's on point and the firefights look fantastic.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Conan the Destroyer
Fun Fantasy flick. So different from Barbarian. Shame we never got King Conan.
If they did a new Conan film, i'd hope it wouldnt be another origin film

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm still waiting for a new Red Sonja!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Divine Fury (2019) aka Saja
"An MMA fighter helps an exorcist fight evil."
The South Korean movie isn't as crazy as you might expect. It's a decent action/horror/thriller with a bit of a touching story. Wouldn't surprise me if Hollywood would remake this.

Joker (2019)
Liked it, didn't love it. Certainly a proper movie but not sure if I'll watch it again.

The protesters were idiots as they had no background information on the killing like us viewers. All they knew some guy dressed as a clown killed three people. Then later that guy confessed to the murders, didn't give background information and commited another murder.
If you decide to dress as this guy, use him as an icon, riot, hijack an ambulance,... based on that little information, you're an idiot.

Movie itself did make a good point on mental health care.

Prez

Prez

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Typical of Tarantino's films - some great exposition and dialogue scenes. Then boom out of nowhere some absolute ultra violence. Quirky take on some tragic and dark real life events.

Thought all the actors were great in this. Leo was the standout.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jumanji: The Next Level
A fun third film in the series, but not as good as Welcome to the Jungle. The Rock acting like Danny Devito though is a hoot
and i'm wondering if one of real world characters is their character from the very first Jumanji

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Annihilation

Excellent stuff. Gotta love Paddignton's ugly cousin, too.

10 Cloverfield Lane

The best of the three, easily.

Huggs

Huggs

Santa Claus is coming to town (3/5)

The year without a Santa Claus (3/5)

Rudolph's Shiny New Year (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Repo! The Genetic Opera

An interesting viewing experience, to say the least.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Daybreakers

For some reason Sam Neill's death in this remains one of the most disturbing I've ever seen. A decent film, but you get the impression it could've done more with its interesting premise.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Chasing Amy
A good Kevin Smith film, although seemed cheaper than Clerks in how it was shot

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (3D)
I really enjoyed this. A great end to the third trilogy, though there was indeed a lot of story packed in

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 19, 2019, 11:31:08 AM
Daybreakers

For some reason Sam Neill's death in this remains one of the most disturbing I've ever seen. A decent film, but you get the impression it could've done more with its interesting premise.

I always found it a bit funny and a bit sinister how the "good guys" basically force the entire world to cure itself without considering if some of them wanted it or not.

About a Boy

Toni Collette preparing her crazy mother act years before Hereditary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed