Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,584 times)

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Russ on Aug 23, 2019, 01:28:54 PM
Hellraisers - all of them, got the last one to go.

I have to say that some of the DVD ones aren't as bad as all that - "Deader" is pretty good I think because the lead (Kari Whurer) is an outstanding actress.

The one with Lance Henriksen, Henry Cavill and Katherine Wynnick is the shittiest of the lot. I mean - its so bad its unwatchable - I sorely wanted to turn it off but you know... completeness.

The problem with the Hellraiser sequels from Inferno to Revelations is that they took an existing script and put Pinhead in them, making them feel 'off'. Judgment is an original Hellraiser script, but sadly it isn't very good either. They didn't even have the guts to ask Doug Bradley to reprise his role, opting for yet another actor to play Pinhead.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Tone-Deaf (2019)
Cool flick with Robert Patrick as angry old man with mental problems, who airbnb's his house to a millennial woman.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 23, 2019, 06:55:39 PM

I have to say that some of the DVD ones aren't as bad as all that - "Deader" is pretty good I think because the lead (Kari Whurer) is an outstanding actress.

The one with Lance Henriksen, Henry Cavill and Katherine Wynnick is the shittiest of the lot. I mean - its so bad its unwatchable - I sorely wanted to turn it off but you know... completeness.

The problem with the Hellraiser sequels from Inferno to Revelations is that they took an existing script and put Pinhead in them, making them feel 'off'. Judgment is an original Hellraiser script, but sadly it isn't very good either. They didn't even have the guts to ask Doug Bradley to reprise his role, opting for yet another actor to play Pinhead.

Thats why i only watch 1-Bloodlines in my Hellraiser watch throughs now.

I wouldnt mind reading the original scripts for Inferno to Hellworld

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 23, 2019, 03:42:51 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 23, 2019, 11:08:51 AM
The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)
Fun slasher. Was originally meant to have been a spoof but they played it straight, which actually worked in its favour

There's an ok spoof called Dude Bro Party Massacre III. Don't remember much though but remember having some laughs.

Lol really? might have a look for that

The Slumber Part Massacre 2 (1987)
An okay sequel, really plays up the PTSD, Sexual crisis, whats real whats not angles

The Slumber Party Massacre 3 (1990)
The worst of the three. They are completely dumb, espeically compared to the characters in the first two. Also no idea why this group are targeted

My Science Project (1985)
A fun sci-fi comedy featuring Dennis Hopper. Sadly can understand why it was lost in the shuffle that year

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 24, 2019, 12:05:50 PM
Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 23, 2019, 06:55:39 PM

Thats why i only watch 1-Bloodlines in my Hellraiser watch throughs now.

I wouldnt mind reading the original scripts for Inferno to Hellworld

Inferno definitely would've been a good movie if they didn't shoehorn Pinhead in.

I'm still waiting for that official director's cut of Bloodlines, which restores the original story structure and some deleted scenes. There's a fan-made workprint director's cut out there though, which is recommendable.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019) - 7/10

For a movie called "Scary Stories...", it wasn't very scary. It was pretty good though, with an overall decent sense of dread and horror. The cast of relative unknowns did a good job portraying the characters. Zoe Colletti was a good lead, even though I think she overdid it a bit with the final monologue. Creature designs was a bit hit and miss. I found the sequence with the fat lady very unsettling, but everything with the Jangly Man was pretty boring.

Solid film, not something I'm sure I'll revisit again anytime soon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)

AKA Judas had a point: the movie.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Tuff Turf (1985)
With a young James Spader, silly 80's music and cheap looking action.

Loaded Weapon 1 (1993)
I miss decent parodies...
Forgot what a cast his movie has. Emilio Estevez, Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Curry, William Shatner, Jon Lovitz.
And in smaller roles: Whoopi Goldberg, Charlie Sheen, Corey Feldman, Christopher Lambert, Bruce Willis,..

Huggs

Huggs

Sherlock Holmes (3.5/5)

Pandorum (3/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse  7.5/10

Pretty good. Well animated. Funny in parts. I found it mildly entertaining.

Prez

Prez

The Hitcher 1986
Haven't seen this film since it was first released back in 86!
Rutger Hauer is fantastic as the drifting psychopath. And for me seeing ET's C. Thomas Howell in such a such a brutal film was an eye opener.

RIP Rutger  :(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Aug 25, 2019, 01:43:49 PM
The Hitcher 1986
Haven't seen this film since it was first released back in 86!
Rutger Hauer is fantastic as the drifting psychopath. And for me seeing ET's C. Thomas Howell in such a such a brutal film was an eye opener.

RIP Rutger  :(

Yes!!!

You haven't watched it since 1986?? I think your part of the majority though, sadly, and it's not your fault. It's a crime that that this film has gone so unseen for so many. It's still not even on blu-ray in the United States!!! Yet, it has a cult following and a remake! 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 23, 2019, 05:03:46 AM
I've never seen any good big foot movie. I think the last one I saw was Willow Creek,  which was a Blair Witch rip-off.

Don't like Exists? It's not perfect but I like how it adds to the nature of the creature.

Actually, I've never saw that movie (Exists). Does big foot appear at any time in the film? cos there is not big foot in the big foot flick called Willow Creek. It's very like in the original Blair Witch, just terrified people filming with camera in hand whatever goes after them...there was a cult or something like that too, but no big foot.

Anyway, this kind of indie horror movies are a guilty pleasure for me.  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

The Book of Eli (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 26, 2019, 02:52:22 AM
I've never seen any good big foot movie. I think the last one I saw was Willow Creek,  which was a Blair Witch rip-off.

Don't like Exists? It's not perfect but I like how it adds to the nature of the creature.

Actually, I've never saw that movie (Exists). Does big foot appear at any time in the film? cos there is not big foot in the big foot flick called Willow Creek. Just just like in the original Blair Witch, it's just terrified people filming with camera in hand whatever goes after them...there was a cult or something like that too, but no big foot.

It wasn't even a cult, just a naked fat chick. I think she was implied to be Bigfoot's sex slave or something. :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 26, 2019, 04:20:35 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 26, 2019, 02:52:22 AM

Actually, I've never saw that movie (Exists). Does big foot appear at any time in the film? cos there is not big foot in the big foot flick called Willow Creek. Just just like in the original Blair Witch, it's just terrified people filming with camera in hand whatever goes after them...there was a cult or something like that too, but no big foot.

It wasn't even a cult, just a naked fat chick. I think she was implied to be Bigfoot's sex slave or something. :laugh:

lol Whut? What the f**k did I just watch?  :laugh: I thought Bigfoot was just a hoax to attract tourists (fake monster like in "The Village") and somehow these redneck people become nuts and start to take things to seriously. I'm going to re watch it again. Beer free this time  ;D What I remember is that the naked woman was the same missing girl from the milk boxes or something, oh and the Bigfoot burgers  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed