Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,780 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Wrong Turn 6: Last Resort
Jesus Christ this film was awful. The only good thing about it was they explained why there were suddenly extra mountain men in the second one and how they linked up.

Rudiger

Rudiger

The Limehouse Golem - entirely predictable and poorly cast with a couple of terrible performances too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm currently about 10 minutes into John wick 2 and it's already hysterically amazing :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The Transfiguration.

A weird author film with a sundance vibe, where a teenager thinks he is a vampire and acts like it in New York. Good actors, but too much intellectual masturbation IMO, could've been better.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Victor Frankenstein

This really wasn't all that bad, some tonal inconsistencies and out of place stylization aside. James McAvoy is great as always, Radcliffe is pretty good, and Andrew Scott isn't complete shit like he was in Sherlock, so there's that. It's really more Hammer than Universal, but in a good way. And I loved the design for the final monster.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 11, 2017, 09:52:15 AM
I'm currently about 10 minutes into John wick 2 and it's already hysterically amazing :laugh:

Never seen a film with so many head shots in one sequence. Enjoyable romp - ups the ante of the first film.

Russ

Russ

Doom. Not seen it for years and couldn't remember anything about it - I really enjoyed it, but I seem to recall that it got loads of hate when it came out.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Shadow
I hadn't seen this film in years. I'd forgotten most of the people who were in this lol. Shame we never got a sequel

A Bad Moms Christmas
A fun sequel. Features one of the most hysterical waxing scenes since The 40 Year Old Virgin. I can expect a third film and a spin off

Super Shark
Hahaha so bad. John Scnieder is having a ball though. Features a whole set of sub plots that go nowhere because everyone gets killed lol

Sharknado 4 and 5
Holy crap. Still so bad they are brilliant. All the random cameos and both feature the main cast getting eaten but then surviving, but they don't help anyone else lol. And omg I think there's gonna be a sixth one

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Really enjoyed John Wick Chapter 2. Incredibly entertaining, unquestionably ups the ante from the first but ultimately not quite as good overall. The plot felt a lot more routine this time around - the first was so great partly because it managed to tweak the revenge cliché so effectively. Still, let's be honest, the plot isn't what we're here for.

I will say though that it suffered a touch from the same problem as The Expendables 2 - it opened with what turned out to be the best action sequence in the whole film. There was still some wonderful carnage later on, the hall of mirrors sequence in particular being a visual treat, but nothing ever quite seemed to match Wick trying to recover his car.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

I liked this quite a bit. I could have done without the preamble in Jerusalem (along with Poirot's apparently instant arrival on the Bosporus), and the lengthy sequence of the entire cast boarding the train, but the rest of it was pretty solid.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Punisher (2004) - Extended Cut

Still a solid action flick. "I'm gonna go smoke some cigarettes."

Logan - Noir

That's my share of emotional devastation for the day sorted.

Russ

Russ

BvS - Ultimate Cut.

Again, I'm gutted this was not the version we got in the cinema.

Prez

Prez

Justice League.
Is it flawed - yep.
Rushed pacing. Yep (expect an extended cut on home release).

What is fun. HELL YES!
A real trip back to my youth in the early 80s watching JL on Saturday morning cartoon TV.

I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching it again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Golden Child

Maybe he cut himself shaving and bled to death looking for a Kleenex.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Great Wall
A visually stunning film. Not really much story but still a good watch

Murder on the Orient Express
Wow this was brilliant. Sure the best Poirot will always be Suchet, but Brannagh really pulls off an interesting twist on the character. Cant wait for another one

Men In Black 2
Not as Bad as I remembered. quite fun actually, but still nowhere near as good as the first one

The Cabin in the Woods
Just brilliant. should be better known. Would love a prequel on the '98 incident

Rock of Ages
A perfect film to watch when you have a cold. Who would have thought Tom Cruise could sing

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed