Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,555 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 04, 2017, 11:23:18 AMEvolution
This comedy deserves a lot more love. Duchovny and Jones has brilliant timing together

"THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR LUBRICANT!"

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 04, 2017, 11:23:18 AMExodus: Gods and Kings
Well that certainly was something. Scott certainly loves his muted colours and lighting in his recent films. Meh

Didn't watch that but taped it. Despite the reviews it got I want to see what it's really like.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Liberty Stands Still (2002)

Intriguing movie with Wesley Snipes and Linda Fiorentino. A phone booth like thriller where Snipes plays a sniper who holds a grudge against Fiorentino. Went totally unnoticed at the time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 04, 2017, 11:50:29 AM
This comedy deserves a lot more love. Duchovny and Jones has brilliant timing together

"Wayne, we have already established that cacaw-cacaw and tooki-tooki don't work."

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 04, 2017, 11:23:18 AMExodus: Gods and Kings
Well that certainly was something. Scott certainly loves his muted colours and lighting in his recent films. Meh

Didn't watch that but taped it. Despite the reviews it got I want to see what it's really like.

It's not good. It probably plays better when you're not stuck in a theater just waiting for it to end, though.

The Thing
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

Had an Apocalypse Trilogy marathon the other day.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 03:11:55 PMIt's not good. It probably plays better when you're not stuck in a theater just waiting for it to end, though.

Yeah, I'd heard, but I'm still curious to watch it, even if I don't expect much (nor do I really think it will be my kind of film).

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 03:11:55 PMThe Thing
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

I didn't think much to Prince of Darkness, but the other two are great. The Thing is absolutely stellar and In the Mouth of Madness has possibly the greatest ending to any movie ever :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 04, 2017, 05:11:40 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 03:11:55 PMIt's not good. It probably plays better when you're not stuck in a theater just waiting for it to end, though.

Yeah, I'd heard, but I'm still curious to watch it, even if I don't expect much (nor do I really think it will be my kind of film).

Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

I didn't think much to Prince of Darkness, but the other two are great. The Thing is absolutely stellar and In the Mouth of Madness has possibly the greatest ending to any movie ever :laugh:

I more or less became Sam Neill in that ending by the time Exodus was over. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 05:35:57 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 04, 2017, 05:11:40 PM

Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness

I more or less became Sam Neill in that ending by the time Exodus was over. :laugh:

I was the agent at the start lol

IT (1990) - part one
Its been years since ive seen this and loved it. Still creepy as hell
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 03:11:55 PM

"Wayne, we have already established that cacaw-cacaw and tooki-tooki don't work."

"It doesn't matter, Its for my ass"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 04, 2017, 03:11:55 PM

I absolutely love Evolution. It was so funny. Not sure if it'd hold up now.  :laugh:

After readily enjoying Your Name, watched the director's last film - Garden of Words.

It was another one the lady and I really enjoyed. Very heartful. A little too short, unfortunately.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2017, 11:45:26 AMI absolutely love Evolution. It was so funny. Not sure if it'd hold up now.  :laugh:

I saw it reasonably recently and most of it still looks great. Some of the CGI is starting to verge on ropey but not to the point of distracting you from the movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 05, 2017, 01:32:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2017, 11:45:26 AMI absolutely love Evolution. It was so funny. Not sure if it'd hold up now.  :laugh:

I saw it reasonably recently and most of it still looks great. Some of the CGI is starting to verge on ropey but not to the point of distracting you from the movie.

I saw it on Channel Four on Sunday. yeah i agree about some of the effects, but sometimes it does add to the charm

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Castle of Caglisotro
NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind

Started watching through the Miyazaki box set again. Maybe this time I'll actually finish and not tap out after Spirited Away... even if the ones after that aren't really my favorites.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

IT (1990) - part two
Still creepy in places, but doesnt hold up as well as part one for me. And it ends quicker than i remember lol

The Package (2013)
An intriguing DTV action movie starring Stone Cold Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren. Has a break neck pace in parts.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The Mummy (2017)

It was bad. Not much more to say is needed.

Prez

Prez

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Enjoyable and very funny romp. Took it up a few notches on the gags from the first one. I find these characters so much more relatable & memorable than the other Marvel cookie cutter films.

It comes at night - Had really high hopes for this one. Despite the very dark, slow brooding pace of the film I was ultimately left disappointed by the rather rushed and blunt ending. Perhaps the trailers hinted at something more (which I won't spoil).

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Re-watched A Thin Red Line.

A true masterpiece.

Iron Infililtrator

Iron Infililtrator

Problem Child

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed