Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 97,940 times)

StanSwitek

Here's some PS4 footage, if anyone was interested but me. Looks like it runs pretty decently.

Sabres21768

I need someone to go ahead and start working on the First Person mod for this.

Some Old Dude

Bought it today. Very keen to indulge my Colonial marine power fantasies  ;D

ChanceVance

Bought it today. None of my friends own an Xbox and none of them are even AVP fans anyway so if anyone is also deprived of friends to play this game with, maybe we can join up.

spychi

spychi

I am loving it so far not gonna lie, shooting xenos is always good sport

Jarac

Jarac

It was unlocked at 11 PM last night on Steam. Two friends and I downloaded and started playing. We played for almost three hours and got through the first campaign. It's actually really fun! Having two other people to play with and playing on Intense is the way to go.

We shit our pants every time a Warrior appeared.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Played a bit earlier and this is certainly something.

Y'know how we dunked on the Warrior for being slow? Well it is, but basically by the time we first encountered one we had a bot, a potato, and myself and I'm the last one standing. You'd think the health bar depleting would kill it but it keeps going for the bottom dotted health bar and because I ran with a potato and an A.I we naturally lost as soon as we encountered it. Because apparently a damage sponge is supposed to be fun. And thing is that it wasn't even what did damage, it's the copious amounts of runners who can deal damage before the attack animation even ends. So I'm basically carrying the team and because the runners did all the work it could run up to me and instant kill me.

There's also no introduction to enemy types which I think is a mistake.
We got introduced to a bursting enemy out of nowhere with no comment on it until after it died but by that point we already took damage. We then encountered the red xeno (I think it's the spitter) which pounced on me with no warning or comment by "not Zeus". We encountered a Drone whom showed up out of nowhere which is fine, I was expecting it to show, but if you wait a moment and run around corners the A.I doesn't know how to track you. So we basically baited the A,I into charging so we could gun it down. The warrior was the only one that got commented on before it showed up but it's comments like "big signal" which doesn't tell me anything.

I contrast this to Hunting Grounds which while loadouts can vary, because both sides can play as the other you have an idea of what all default classes do. And because all Predators fight the same with tweaks you have to learn as you go, but generally know how the Predator works. Here if you go around the corner I'm half expecting the Queen to show up with wings for all the warning it gives.

Well we tried again and the game crashed. I don't know why but we had a drop in framerate, audio cut in places, was garbled, xeno animations sometimes never played, and sometimes they'd fall through the floor. We dealt with the red xeno again and before it even reached us it fell through the door opening never to be seen again. The Xeno whom you see at the start of the level can be killed btw, but he to fell through the floor before we finished pumping rounds into it. We had a few during the horde segment as well.

Also for the love of god, if you have nothing to say on mic in party chat, turn it off. Mic audio just aint working so if you're making call outs you just sound like a Deathtrooper, I can hear you, I cannot understand you.

Like I just want to get through the first f**king level and I cannot do that.

Voodoo Magic

There's no option to mute other players?

Hopefully my pre-order automatically & successfully downloaded onto my PS4 Pro overnight and I'll be trying it out for my first time later on tonight! Woot!

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 24, 2021, 01:07:48 PM

Hopefully my pre-order automatically & successfully downloaded onto my PS4 Pro overnight and I'll be trying it out for my first time later on tonight! Woot!

It might be there and I just missed it but the fact of the matter is that audio just doesn't work properly. Be it chat or in-game.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 24, 2021, 12:08:43 PMY'know how we dunked on the Warrior for being slow? Well it is, but basically by the time we first encountered one we had a bot, a potato, and myself and I'm the last one standing. You'd think the health bar depleting would kill it but it keeps going for the bottom dotted health bar and because I ran with a potato and an A.I we naturally lost as soon as we encountered it.

From the videos I've seen it looks like it's working on the typical MMO/RPG/looter shooter armour mechanics where the coloured top bar is its "armour", which can be depleted faster by using the weapon type corresponding to its colour (if it's yellow I'm assuming that means it's more susceptible to fire damage). It's just one of those "things" that a lot of games do now, like "common," "uncommon", "rare", "epic" and "legendary"-tiered loot that's all the same colour.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the courier status to update to them even having received my copy yet, so I'm really starting to doubt that it'll be arriving today.

Sure glad GAME added that £5 mandatory shipping charge to everything now! :P

426Buddy

426Buddy

I could have stayed up till midnight to play but thats not happening with my work schedule. Hopefully I'll be ready to play when I get home from work today.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 24, 2021, 02:13:00 PM
I could have stayed up till midnight to play but thats not happening with my work schedule. Hopefully I'll be ready to play when I get home from work today.

Same boat I'm in.

PVTDukeMorrison

I made that mistake last night, work ain't fun right now

Mister T

Mister T

So far I'm not impressed.  It reminds me of a mashup of Just Cause and Gauntlet.

Good soundtrack, however, the game relies on a lot of bursting pipes to try an elicit a startled response from the player.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 24, 2021, 01:07:48 PM
Which is exactly why I'll be playing it with the bots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed