Lets talk about the Predator's shuriken for a moment

Started by germanator2, Aug 12, 2018, 09:10:49 PM

Author
Lets talk about the Predator's shuriken for a moment (Read 3,505 times)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 13, 2018, 01:26:36 PM
Speaking of the harpoon, where does a pred stores all that rope ? I mean it seems there is a decent length, probably more than we saw in the tv spot... If it's a wrist firing thing, it would be weird regarding the lack of space in order to store all of that...

Think of the spears they use.
--
I think P2's arsenal was too much. Like There were the wristblades, the plasma caster, the spear, and then the speargun/projectike which only served the purpose of progression of Harrigan's investigation, the smart disc and the wrist projectile thing (another projectile for what), and the netgun.

Half of this arsenal would have been more than enough, also it was making up for other weak parts of the movie. I think advanced technology is a bigh part of the creature's mystery, but limiting it for adding more and more gadgets is not necessary.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Aug 13, 2018, 01:12:47 PM
I'm picking on hicks cuz he's the boss around here.  With all due respect, your not giving giving shuriken choice enough weight.  It's a major, major design element

Maybe that is the case. I certainly intend to ask ADI when/if I get the opportunity following the film's release. But my hunch is it's just a prop that they already had and didn't need to build a new thing for.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Aug 13, 2018, 01:36:14 PM
Speaking of the harpoon, where does a pred stores all that rope ? I mean it seems there is a decent length, probably more than we saw in the tv spot... If it's a wrist firing thing, it would be weird regarding the lack of space in order to store all of that...

Think of the spears they use.

True, but like i said if it's stored in a wrist gauntlet, that must take all the space available

YTL_Hunter_H2

Still don't think this is a predator weapon. In the unlikely case it is it may be something made on the fly by the predator. I'd love to see him improvising

Xerxész

Inside the harpoon...maybe.
I don't know...but the question is good. :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 13, 2018, 02:39:15 PM
Still don't think this is a predator weapon. In the unlikely case it is it may be something made on the fly by the predator. I'd love to see him improvising

Yes i fear this can be a human weapon used by fugitive or by loonies against stargazer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed