What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 593,945 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 01, 2024, 04:29:23 PMNot long ago I would have loved to walk into a grocery store that was almost completely empty and unstaffed other than robots and AI.

What change? Therapy. I was diagnosed with autism. I'm sorry to sound like a selfish dick, but social interaction used to be something very unpleasant for me.

Back when I worked in retail, what I always found amusing when I used to run the checkout line, was the amount of customers who would refuse to use a self-scan till, citing their reason as "bloody machines, I want to be served by a person!" Only to stand in line and get the same pre-programmed rinse and repeat robot speech from the operators 😂 "Hi, have you brought your own bags today? Would you like a hand with your packing? That's (insert amount here) please. Cash or card? Thank you have a nice day... Hi there, have you brought your own bags today?...."

I always thought it'd be fun if self-serve tills came with voice options for you to select, including celebrity voices;

"please select your operator"

*presses Schwarzenegger*

"Lhisten tu meh, put za item intu zthe bhagging areah.. C'MAAN! DO IT NAOO!! Rurarrugh!!"
"If it bleeps, we can sell it.."
"Ahll be bagged.."
"Pahsta and Pizza, maybe?"

*selects Bruce Campbell*

"Gimmi some sugar baby!"
*chainsaw noises* "Gravy.."
"Hey Brujo, I got two hands - I need two beers!"
"Shop smart!"
"The trick to killing someone with an apricot is really... in the wrist..the problem is it kills instantly leaving no time to gather information, so for situations like that, well, I use a muffin.."
"Ok little fella, HOW ABOUT SOME HOT CHOCOLATE, HUH!!?"

I swear more people would use them... 🤣

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2024, 11:06:11 PMSora isn't commercially available yet, how is it cutting in?

Sorry, let me clarify - he said it will eventually cut in.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prez on Mar 01, 2024, 10:57:42 PMI hope this isn't too personal a question, but do you find it a lot more comfortable to interact socially somewhere like here instead of face to face? Good on you for being candid enough to share what you did with us too. I have a few friends with similar diagnoses. It's great to normalise it.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, there's a few of us on here. Comparatively small, cozy sites dedicated to fandoms/niche hobbies are often like a second home.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Trying to pin down a tradie in a very small town. There's only two who do this type of job in the area, both were on holiday at the same time so I had to wait a week to get called back at all.

First guy says "yeah my website says I do [town]... But I don't reeeeeally do [town]."

Second guy gets back finally, asks for my details saying he'll get back to me on Monday... Then dodges my calls and texts for 3 weeks.

I've just done the f**king job myself now.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 13, 2024, 11:19:33 PMTrying to pin down a tradie in a very small town. There's only two who do this type of job in the area, both were on holiday at the same time so I had to wait a week to get called back at all.

First guy says "yeah my website says I do [town]... But I don't reeeeeally do [town]."

Second guy gets back finally, asks for my details saying he'll get back to me on Monday... Then dodges my calls and texts for 3 weeks.

I've just done the f**king job myself now.

Been down a similar road myself a few times. In saying that I've gotten some great tradies as well.

Luckily I have an 80+-year-old father who despite his age is an incredible handy man, so he helps out his very non-handyman son at times.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm not handy as such, and my dad is... not doing great which is why I'm doing all this f**karound. But between reading instructions clearly and a few youtube videos I've learned how to do everything from basic cosmetic repairs to structural repairs and pest fumigation in a couple of months.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 14, 2024, 06:15:08 AMI'm not handy as such, and my dad is... not doing great which is why I'm doing all this f**karound. But between reading instructions clearly and a few youtube videos I've learned how to do everything from basic cosmetic repairs to structural repairs and pest fumigation in a couple of months.

Nice to hear your old man helping out. I really my time with my dad learning stuff as well. Great to hear you're learning all these new skills!

And like you, YouTube has been a lifesaver at times in fixing the odd few things around the house.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prez on Mar 14, 2024, 09:19:57 AMNice to hear your old man helping out.

Other way around but yeah. It's a large house that's been an albatross for him for too long and I've been dragged into for a few years, finally getting rid of the f**king thing. But as I'm sure you know, right when you can taste that For Sale sign is when a huge, unexpected, unavoidable problem shows up and the delays/expenses set in.

Got most of the big one of those sorted this week thankfully.

razeak

razeak

Black goo return. Lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Got an absolutely stonking headache today.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Stonking?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

stonking
/ˈstɒŋkɪŋ/
adjectiveINFORMAL•BRITISH
used to emphasize something impressive, exciting, or very large.
"a stonking 207 mph maximum speed"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just have a cuppa.  Isn't that the standard treatment for a headache there?

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, having a headache definitely stinks

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just having a rough time emotionally, feel like people tell me one thing but the reality looks to be another.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed