PG13 Official Very Soon...

Started by Darkness, Jul 25, 2004, 10:47:39 PM

Author
PG13 Official Very Soon... (Read 19,877 times)

*bury

*bury

Why this way this movie might actualyy make more money than freaking alien ress  and i was going to refer to jurassic park 3 put Galmorzu already did and hes right

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

*bury:  That's exactly why I'm not worried.  You really never saw the aliens kill anyone in the first two movies, and I loved that much more than what we got in 3 (to a degree) but mostly 4.  The fact that you saw marines disappearing and could hear them in the second one, or saw the alien go after someone then disappear in the first one, I love that.  I hope it's done like that again.  As for the Preds, well some quick cutting can be just as good for that, or good camera angling.  We'll see when it comes out.

*bury

*bury

yep exactly i mena those weree the better 2 out of the 4 and there will prob be a sequal since its pg-13

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

hey aliasp it is official ive seen it twice on fox already it is pg 13       i think we should stop ripping on the movie until we see the movie in 19 days in america

HellAlien

HellAlien

YOU GUYS R MAKIN ME SICK !!  Cmon !!!!!  Yes i saw a traila on MadTV and on fox, they both said it was 13, I also saw a traila on tsn, " not yet rated " I saw that one moments ago. Its still bit confused there. But if the friend of Darkness is tellin the truth, then fine, let it be. But the one to blame here is not PA. So quit it with the f***in b****in about him, and blame fox. They r the ones who made it this way. Not pa. I will be the first one to kick his poor loser m***er f***er a$$ if he dumped AVP. But we dont know that for sure yet. Its 13   SO WHAT!!!?? the movie might be good anyway. Of curse Im mad about the rating thing, of curse I would love to destroy fox with some well placed C4. I would love to send them to Hell right now. But PA is not to blame in this yet. I will wait till august 13 to see this. And if I get out of there disapointed and mad of what i saw then PA will have A HELL of a time dealing with the fans.  But for now, I wont aim his head yet, and i will c what he has done with this first.  I recommend hat you all do the same . He will be regreting that he was born if he messed up, but if he has done a good job, i hope that all of ya r goin to apologize to him for what ya said here. Fox had already ruined the Alien franchise and the pred one. But Avp is just partialy ruined for now. It might turn out to be very good. This is our dream and to all of ya who said that you wont see this in cinema, i say that your not the biggest fans here. I say that to be polite.  Its our dream ppl, i know that all of ya r deceived of this, but it might be better than all of ya think. Most of ya r already taken AVP to the graveyard. Its 13 yes so live with it. I will and im gonna c this. And if you guys r fans, you will c it too. Otherwise, Fox will do a crapy sequel to anihilate this thing once and for all. If Fox has enough money out of this, they will maybe try to get the real thing into this. The directors we love, maybe actors that we always wanted to see there. Who knows.   Anyway I know this is a long post, but you guys need to get up and face it. Its 13, but it might be damn good. A big chop of the honor of those 2 franchise is gone now, but we the fans can maybe do something on that. The sequel might be R. We can do major pressure on fox for that. If the movie is a big success, make a sequel rated R, or we will boycut it.  We could send this message to other fans over the net. we r alot that could do that. Enough to convince Fox to do it that way.   Anyway im done now. ( AH FINALLY !!      ;)     :)  )

Predgirl

Predgirl

Well welll well I guess all of you hardcore fans then are not going to see this movie.  Well I'm a hardcore fan and I don't care if its good or bad or whatever at least I get to see a Predator kick a$$ and an Alien kick a$$.  So it proves if everyone here is  going to complain about AVP I guess you should not even think about AVP anymore because your complaining over a stupid rating.  All of you were so happy about the movie now your all like hating a movie that is not even out yet.  I was so happy and still happy about it and was wondering for thoses Pred fans going to see a Predator on the big screen again.  They kept making Alien movies, but what about the Predator.  All I see now is hating the movie than being happy that we get a AVP movie.  It proves to me I thought we are all were fans, but all I see is complainers and haters of a movie we all would love, but I guess I was wrong.  You all can hate or like or whatever of me, but I'm still going to see this movie no matter what.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Okay you bunch of inmature cry babies. Listen to yourselves whine, over what? A freaking PG-13 rating? I mean, damn, please say your kidding me. No one here has paid attention to anything about this movie, either that or you've been devoting too much time into researching the wrong things. Listen up, I'll only say this once, and it better soak in with all of you. There was an article that is posted here on this site under the archives that states of how relaxed the MPAA standards have become. Okay, everyone here will agree that Alien and Aliens were immensely successful. All of you are crying over the prospect of not enough gore in this film, pay freaking attention right now to what I'm about to say! How much freaking gore and blood splattering was in those two movies? How about nearly none at all. Okay, in Alien the chestbursting scene was it, the rest was exactly what all of your are being so critical about, the camera panning away at the moment the Alien strikes. Well, its a technique that obviously didn't harm either movie, so how is this degrading news to all of you? True, most of you here are die hard Predator fans, and yes, in that film there was far more blood. In that film too however, there were several scenes that didn't show the actual death of a character. "Billy's" death was never shown. You never actually saw "Hawkins" get slashed. When "Poncho" got blasted upside the head brain bits didn't go every which way. Also, when "Billy's" spine gets ripped out, you see it happen at a distance in the dark, you never really saw any blood during that scene. Paul Anderson told the truth when he said that he was using the first two Alien films and the first Predator as a guide, and a PG-13 is a clear indication of that. Hardly any blood was neccessary to make those films a success, it was superb acting, entertaining characters and dedicated directing, and its those elements that Paul is trying to bring to this film, not blood and guts people, that doesn't make a good film. Predator 2 ring a bell anyone? That was all about gore, did that film do well? Not a chance in hell. Besides, think about it, a PG-13 film today due to relaxed standards is probably the equivalent of the R rating back in the 80's when those movies were made. Also, anyone seen the previews for the film, The Village. I dont know about you but that film looks scary as hell, and guess what people, what rating does it have? *Drum roll*. PG freaking 13! That film is all about horror, Paul Anderson is creating a film that is being shot to try and recreate the feel of two movies that were all about horror. Besides, who's to say that a PG-13 isn't just a cover. Watch this film be freaking R - Rated material, but behind the scenes Fox Studios probably made a deal with the MPAA to let them slap on a PG-13 rating to what the MPAA knows is supposed to be an R - Rated movie so they can rake in the dough, money they can set aside so in the future an AvP sequel can be filmed, and with all the money from the PG-13 strategy than it has all the potential to be twice as good like Aliens was to Alien. Also, Paul Anderson did not pull everything out of his ass to appease the fans. He's telling the truth when he says he's directing a movie to have the same feel and style as the first two Aliens and Predator. Think about it. Its already concrete proof that Paul said that we will not get a glimpse of any of the creatures until 45 minutes into AvP. Guess what folks, in Alien, when did the facehugger show up? 45 minutes into the film did that slimy face - raper show up. Also, if the 134 minute length is indeed accurate, guess what again folks, the Aliens film, the theatrical version was 137 minutes long! Still dont believe it when he says he's using the greatest sci - fi movies of all time for guides? I dont wany to hear anymore whining about the rating folks, ya hear!? Dont point fingers at Fox, or at Paul Anderson. All of you need to keep your mouths shut until the movie comes out on August 13th, then when you have sat through it all, then it will be a time for your opinion on whether the film was "good" or "bad", but until then, never lose faith in AvP, or in Paul Anderson. This is a new franchise, Paul said it himself, its based off the smash hit other two, but its not them, this is meant to stand on its own two feet. Those were two R - Rated franchises, AvP may have been destined for PG-13. Stay optimistic folks, cheer up, chin up! Nothing to worry about I assure you!

*bury

*bury

yes it does i mean they write it from the movie

Nyder

Nyder

Why is everybody blaming FOX?  They are not a charity, they are out to make money, that's what a corporation does for its employees, stockholders, debtors, etc.  If you want to blame someone, blame the GOVERNMENT.  They are the ones enforcing these stupid ratings and making up these stupid rules about content.  Really they are the irrational ones and it is because of their ignorance and shallow-mindedness that we have seen heaps of movies butchered just so they can recover their costs!  It's a hidden form of censorship.    So the blame the ****ing bureaucrat control freaks!    >:D  

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

*applauds Cetanu*    Brilliantly said.  Unfortunetly I don't think most people are going to care, even if it's all true.  *bury:  I've read some novelizations that follow their respective movies closely, and others that REALLY haven't, so I have a pretty good intuition about this, and AvP felt more like the latter.

Predatorfan2004

Predatorfan2004

Ok, a promise is a promise. I banish myself form this site. I just saw teh commercial during malcom in teh middle. ITS PG-13!

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Heh, I have a few friends that actually work in "the industry" and I can't even begin to tell you the stories of how messed up the production companies can act towards the people making a film.  They really DO come to the director while making the movie and slap down demands, typically wanting changes made to the movie itself for rating purposes.  Yeah this pisses off the directors, but in the end they have nothing to do about it other than walk off "due to creative differences".  I wouldn't doubt that this is what happened here.  Average hollywood politics, folks.  Happens all the time, and I'll GUARANTEE you that Anderson was none to happy to hear this.  But really, what's he going to do?  Walk off and let some new guy come in and take over halfway through?  That really would have ruined the film.

Somebody

Somebody

Well, I only have one more comment: those poeple at Fox, are *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* oh, and also  *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*    Thank you!

xx13

xx13

I hope ther's a directors cut but bot only on DVD but also in theaters  because watching a directors cut on DVD and in the theater is not the same.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

i will see it cuz ive been waiting too long for this, and i will enjoy it cuz my fave pred celtic is in it, go celtic,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed