AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 234,152 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: genocyber on May 17, 2016, 09:20:20 PMI'm surprised AVP:R has such a high rating. It's a bad movie, but at least it had plenty of action and gore going on.

Action and gore don't make an enjoyable movie.

Nostromo

Nostromo

AVP:R is by far the worst of the Alien movies by 57896543.7 light years. Dumbest acting ever.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The only good thing to come out of AvPR is Wolf.

The action and gore weren't even done well... at all. Personally I think the AvP films hurt and discredited both franchises more than any other film from either franchise.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The AVP films kept the franchise alive during the '00s.  Now we're getting a new Alien film directed by Ridley Scott and a new Predator film by Shane Black and the franchise is strong as ever (not to mention Prometheus, Predators, Alien:  Isolation, etc).

whiterabbit

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 24, 2016, 12:24:55 PM
Dumbest acting ever.
That's totally unfair to the men and women who were acting as small town Coloradan's.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2016, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 24, 2016, 12:24:55 PM
Dumbest acting ever.
That's totally unfair to the men and women who were acting as small town Coloradan's.

I probably meant the screenplay which is not the actor's faults, and the storyline. As if it was directed, written and edited by some morons.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2016, 02:27:43 PM
Personally I say Wolf was probably one of the worst things about the movie. as he only looked cool because all the Xenos were idiotic and stupidly weak, if for example he did what he did in the Sewers like lifting up two Xenos against actual competent Xenos from say Aliens he would have died.

StrangeShape

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 24, 2016, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: genocyber on May 17, 2016, 09:20:20 PMI'm surprised AVP:R has such a high rating. It's a bad movie, but at least it had plenty of action and gore going on.

Action and gore don't make an enjoyable movie.

At all

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: g2vd on Jun 28, 2016, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2016, 02:27:43 PM
Personally I say Wolf was probably one of the worst things about the movie. as he only looked cool because all the Xenos were idiotic and stupidly weak, if for example he did what he did in the Sewers like lifting up two Xenos against actual competent Xenos from say Aliens he would have died.

My theory is that these xenos were genetically engineered by the predators (like the cloned xenomorphs in Alien Resurrection, which they look similar to).

Anyway, despite that, all the predator stuff in AVPR was well done, even the predalien.

These really should have been called Predator VS Alien, because they are more to do with the predator series than the alien series (IMO).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 08, 2016, 06:34:43 AM
My theory is that these xenos were genetically engineered by the predators (like the cloned xenomorphs in Alien Resurrection, which they look similar to).

There was a time when someone claimed Anderson said this but it turned out to be bollocks. I could have brought into it though.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2016, 08:26:22 AM

There was a time when someone claimed Anderson said this but it turned out to be bollocks. I could have brought into it though.

You mean the whole giving the Queen hormones to speed up the lifecycle thing?  Yeah, I can't remember where that was said but that definitely ties into it.

Corporal Hicks

I think IMDB was the one to spread that rumour.

StrangeShape

Hmm, wasnt it in the audio commentary? I may be wrong because its been a while since I listened to it, but I think it wasnt Anderson but ADI who said it in the commentary

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I think it was one of the ADI guys who said the AVP warriors were specially bred by the Predators to hunt, that's why they grow faster and have beefier claws and whatnot.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 08, 2017, 05:12:35 PM

Hmm, wasnt it in the audio commentary? I may be wrong because its been a while since I listened to it, but I think it wasnt Anderson but ADI who said it in the commentary

Not that I can remember. I listened to the track recently (last couple of months) and I don't recall him saying anything like that.

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jan 10, 2017, 02:46:12 AM
I think it was one of the ADI guys who said the AVP warriors were specially bred by the Predators to hunt, that's why they grow faster and have beefier claws and whatnot.

Do you remember where?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed