Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 153,063 times)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Sep 26, 2012, 07:02:40 PM
Why the heck did Snow White and the Huntsman have 1.4m likes on Facebook while Prometheus had only 400k (even with those other Prometheus-themed sites, it wouldn't amount even to half of it), while in reality Prometheus fared better in box office? 13-year old Justin Bieber fans pirated Snow White en masse instead or what?
There are companies that are selling social media likes and such, seriously.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: LarsVader on Sep 26, 2012, 08:42:06 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Sep 26, 2012, 07:02:40 PM
Why the heck did Snow White and the Huntsman have 1.4m likes on Facebook while Prometheus had only 400k (even with those other Prometheus-themed sites, it wouldn't amount even to half of it), while in reality Prometheus fared better in box office? 13-year old Justin Bieber fans pirated Snow White en masse instead or what?
There are companies that are selling social media likes and such, seriously.

Demographic for Prometheus is adult oriented. Snow white is a younger audience that tweet more so than adults.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It's nice to see it being on the top 10 highest grossing movies of 2012. Too bad that will end when Skyfall, The Hobbit and Breaking Dawn 2 comes out.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 28, 2012, 07:19:53 PM
It's nice to see it being on the top 10 highest grossing movies of 2012. Too bad that will end when Skyfall, The Hobbit and Breaking Dawn 2 comes out.
I don't have a problem with that assuming Skyfall and The Hobbit are better movies. Breaking Dawn however, will be sh!t I'm sure...

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I would have loved to see Prometheus crack 500 mill, but hey, 400 plus is f**king solid. I can't wait to see the actual cut. If it was better than the theatrical, I will be pissed. It would have made even more money.

Gazz

Gazz

zakzak

zakzak

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 30, 2012, 05:52:25 PM
Prometheus is now officially at $402.6m

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/prometheus-2012?q=prometheus

Yep, PROMETHEUS is now firmly in the mega blockbuster club

Here is wishing that Fox hires a better writing team for the sequel PARADISE

JustaGrunt

JustaGrunt

Very glad to see Prometheus crack 400 million!  Who knows how much better it could have done if it had received a better version in theaters?

What I really was curious about though is how much money do you think Prometheus will make from home video (blu-ray, dvd, digital downloads),  toy licensing, and television distribution rights?  Should that add another 50-100 million to the overall take?  If so, I would hope that the studio would do their best to just sign Ridley for two more films and make it a trilogy leading all the way up to Alien. 

Kinda torn if getting two more films might require PG-13 ratings though.  I mean, I think Prometheus could have easily pulled off PG-13 because the Shaw scene really wasn't what Ridley made it out to be.  It's like the whole difference between the higher rating was just cause of that c-section.  If I was the studio, I think I would have just asked for a few quick cuts, lowered the rating, and then Prometheus could have made even more money, while still staying true to the overall mood and all that. 

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: zakzak on Oct 01, 2012, 02:19:42 AM
Quote from: Gazz on Sep 30, 2012, 05:52:25 PM
Prometheus is now officially at $402.6m

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/movies/prometheus-2012?q=prometheus

Yep, PROMETHEUS is now firmly in the mega blockbuster club

Here is wishing that Fox hires a better writing team for the sequel PARADISE
Here is wishing they keep the writing team but they don't butcher the movie in the editing room

zakzak

zakzak

PROMETHEUS is among Top 10 global blockbusters in the year 2012.
Well, until THE HOBBITS & the new TWILIGHT open anyway...

Prime113

Prime113

-_-

f**k yeah! Over 400 million.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Rewatching the space jockey scene from A L I E N as I type this. 400 million, f**k yea!!! Yo dj play that tune!!!

2awesome4apossum

2awesome4apossum

I think Fox has to be pretty happy with how the movie fared internationally. My question is if they'll expand, lower, or keep the budget at a similar level for the sequel. I'd rather they not bump it up too much if those "planned trilogy" rumors are true, because I don't want the sequel to lose money, so we can see all three. At this point, it would be hard to predict how a sequel would fare, so I think they'll play it safe.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

I think the sequel will be PG-13. This movie lost out on a ton of potential earnings due to a bogus R-rating. It should have been PG-13. It was not THAT violent.

If Scott plans on a really violent sequel, than by all means make it R. If not, aim for PG-13.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
It was not THAT violent.
C-Section.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed