Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,342 times)

Keg

Keg

exactly and neither interest me at all. In my eyes replay value is down to wether i like the game or not. At the most ill try it on a different difficulty to see what its like. but im not going to "kill 500 enemies with weapon X" or "defeat X by using X" and then tear my bloody hair out trying to beat something on the hardest difficulty just to get bragging rights. Who to exactly. Youre in the pub with youre mates and you go, ive got platinum on 6 games.....aaaaaaaand? No thanks ill enjoy a game for what it is, and ill replay it if i like it. Each to their own. If the idea of collecting hidden items or ticking off boxes saying youve done this is entertaining to you then fair play. But for me im happy just to play a game at the highest difficulty level i can without it annoying me (usually the second highest or normal if theres just an easy,normal and hard).

As for replay value. Thats one ive never understood either. People say things like its one of the best games iver ever played but its got no replay value? Eh what? Would you say that about an excellent film. No youd happily watch it again and again because you love it. Im the same with games. If i love the game and its story ill play it again for that reason alone. Its just me i guess, ill never understand it i suppose. But ive never been a big online multiplayer gamer either so i suppose those kinds of things make more sense then because you often unlock things for it etc etc.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You brag to your fellow gamers. Trust me, it happens.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Hell yeah! My massive gamerscore makes up for my tiny...

... shoe size. Ahem.

Keg

Keg

I know it happens Doom. But i just dont get it at all. to me its the equivalent of somebody saying have you seen that movie and replying "yes, but i also watched all of the extra content. back to back, and the commentary, and i even found all the  easter eggs on disc 2". aaaaaaaaaaaaand?

Haha sorry if im coming across as a dick. Its just the way i feel and ill never understand it. I also tend to find that alot of the time these Trophy obssessed fiends (not all of them that would be stereotyping) are the type of people that belittle gamers who play on easy settings saying its not the true way to play. That annoys the hell out of me. If somebody wants to play on an easy setting so they can take in the story and enjoy the game without getting frustrated whats it got to do with them. Sorry im gonna have to stop. Im starting to rant haha.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 15, 2010, 07:36:42 PM
Hell yeah! My massive gamerscore makes up for my tiny...

... shoe size. Ahem.

Hell yeah! My tiny gamerscore makes up for my massive...

...insanity. Yeah.

i like trophies, they give you something else to do other than just complete the game, some of them are pretty pointless, but if theres a specific one you want it's quite satisfying to get one
also i used to be really bad at not completing games, and now i always do.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 15, 2010, 07:53:38 PM
i like trophies, they give you something else to do other than just complete the game, some of them are pretty pointless, but if theres a specific one you want it's quite satisfying to get one

no offence intended but thats exactly what i just dont get. a tiny symbol saying youve done something is more of a reason to keep playing than the game itself. More so than the gameplay, story aqnd general enjoyment of it? if i like a game ill play it through the end. if i dont, no amount of trophiesis going to make me keep playing.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2010, 07:57:17 PM

no offence intended but thats exactly what i just dont get. a tiny symbol saying youve done something is more of a reason to keep playing than the game itself. More so than the gameplay, story aqnd general enjoyment of it? if i like a game ill play it through the end. if i dont, no amount of trophiesis going to make me keep playing.

Trophies are the equivalent to Achievements on the 360, yeah? I replay games for achievements because I think it's fun. I like trying to acomplish all of the little challenges and being 'rewarded' for doing so. Some people like 'em, others don't.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Red Alert 2 a little...feeling nostalgic.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2010, 07:57:17 PM

none taken, but it's not the symbol that i care about, i couldn't care less if trophies were completely private, of course i enjoy the gameplay and the story, trophies are just a pointless but fun, bonus.

Keg

Keg

sorry it was just the comment about you being bad at seeing games through to the end made it sound like it was because they weren't worth it without something extra to achieve.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2010, 08:46:21 PM
sorry it was just the comment about you being bad at seeing games through to the end made it sound like it was because they weren't worth it without something extra to achieve.

it was more to do with the fact i have a short attention span, i'd spend a fortune on games if there wasn't some incentive to play a game for longer.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You would or you wouldn't?

Keg

Keg

yeah but surely the incentive if youve never finished before is to see the rest of the story and how it pans out. having trophies is an extra that prolongs it even after youve beaten. What youre saying doesnt make sense because youre saying you never even finished the game outright let alone any extras. Dont get me wrong theres games ive bought and never finished them, but never because they didnt have extra incentives. It was always to do with the game getting stale,boring or the story not good enough to keep me playing. If there was things to unlock that wouldnt of changed a thing for me. I never finished GTAIV or Assassins Creed because the stories didnt compell me to finish and i got extremely bored of the gameplay very fast. If AC had trophy support when i played it, that wouldnt of changed my enjoyment of the game. if ididnt enjoy playing because of the repetitive gameplay and dull story, then a few trophies wouldnt have changed my mind. Thats what i fail to understand.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

QuoteCurrently Playing

Left 4 Dead 2 - 9.5/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed