Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,439 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 19, 2021, 11:02:14 AM
Do not.

I've already beat the first game a couple of times back in the day.  This isn't my first playthrough of the series but I never did finish the 3rd game.

So I wouldn't feel too bad skipping lol

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2021, 11:33:42 AM
Except driving the Mako.  ;) :D

The more things change the more they stay the same.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I always loved the concept of the mako, just needed a little better implementation. I felt It made scale of the game feel a bitter larger and I like the exploration aspect.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, it's a gorgeous vehicle and I love exploring planets. Exploring like that might be my favorite part of the game, actually! The controls of the Mako itself are just so clunky though. :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Were they not supposed to have updated those in the new remake?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My only Mass Effect experience is that movie script I read. :laugh:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2021, 12:20:03 PM
Yeah, it's a gorgeous vehicle and I love exploring planets. Exploring like that might be my favorite part of the game, actually! The controls of the Mako itself are just so clunky though. :D

Yes! That was a huge check marked off in my book, loved exploring the planets. Although I vaguely remember scanning them was kinda sucky, is that improved on the first one?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 19, 2021, 10:36:03 AM
Struggling with the first game, might just skip and go to ME2.

I know that ME is the launching point for most of the trilogy games but I personally found it to be my least favorite of the bunch.  I think ME2 remains the Apex.  That said, ME is still worth playing through if you are going through the trilogy because it is interesting to see how your choices affect the trilogy later on. 

I rate them

ME2
ME3 (with all the DLC)
ME1

Andromeda (which felt like an expansion more than a standalone). 

I have yet to download the trilogy because I've been passing the f**k out after work during the work week, but this weekend. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Vetoed.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hmm, while playing the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition on PC I ran into a pretty significant error/glitch involving a black screen. I'm in the first game and

Spoiler
I completed the encounter with Saren on Virmire where you get him down to around half health and then flees and the Normandy arrives to pick you up, but once the Normandy arrives the screen goes black for me. I can hear my character walking, I can fire my gun, and I can pull up the start menu and see that, but the game itself remains completely black and I am unable to progress.
[close]

No idea why this is happening, but I've replayed the encounter a few times now and it has happened each and every time. Hopefully there's a fix or a patch soon...

Stitch

Stitch

Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise

It's only crashed on me 3 or 4 times, so far. And the frame rate is abysmal. Don't know if that adds to the charm or not.

Francis York Morgan is still the most interesting FBI agent this side of Dale Cooper, though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2021, 01:12:20 PM

Vetoed.

It's not like I didn't already beat it a couple times when it was originally released. Honestly though it's always been the weakest of the 3 for me in regards to gameplay and it still feels dated even with the new paint job.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 20, 2021, 06:03:49 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2021, 01:12:20 PM

Vetoed.

It's not like I didn't already beat it a couple times when it was originally released. Honestly though it's always been the weakest of the 3 for me in regards to gameplay and it still feels dated even with the new paint job.

Spoiler
But yeah, you're kinda right.
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 16, 2021, 06:39:43 PM
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

I loved this back in the day, so it's a major nostalgia trip for me. Holmes and Cthulhu make for an entertaining mix, even if some of it hasn't aged all that well.

I really like this one, except for the god awful chase sequence when you first get to the states.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2021, 11:33:41 AM
I'll only about 8 hours in, and taking things slow by doing side missions and exploring alongside the main missions, but damn am I loving the first game.

Except driving the Mako.  ;) :D

Do they pronounce it may-ko or maa-ko?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The former.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed