Sabby

Sabby

Some of us like to aim and shoot, not vaguely direct our guns :P

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 12, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
Some of us like to aim and shoot, not vaguely direct our guns :P

Oh wow, this argument.

No thanks, I'll take the best controller ever made over infecting my PC with Origin.

Sabby

Sabby

I love the Xbox controller, just not for shooters.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 12, 2015, 03:07:46 PM

The reason I played ME was because it was originally an RPG, not because it was a shooter.
Honestly I find shooters sort of banal, excluding Halo which I will not be purchasing unfortunately due the state of the Xbox One.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Jan 12, 2015, 02:59:14 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Jan 12, 2015, 03:52:52 AM
Mass Effect 3 with all the DLC, FOV fix and some HD mods. The FOV messes up the cutscenes (you can see all the assets left lying out of frame, like multiple versions of the characters waiting for a new camera angle to do their scene) but I don't mind.

Also got Red Faction 3 with a mod that makes the buildings collapse a little more realistically. My car swerved, drifted, rolled and went straight through a buildings wall and exploded. Shockwave blew out the windows, walls shudder and it all came down.

Honestly, considering Origin and the power of the PS3 versus the Xbox 360, I don't know why anyone would bother playing ME on anything other than the 360.

:laugh: Yeah why anyone would bother playing Skyrim on anything other than the PS3  :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

The f**king thing was tailor made for shooters

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 12, 2015, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Jan 12, 2015, 02:59:14 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Jan 12, 2015, 03:52:52 AM
Mass Effect 3 with all the DLC, FOV fix and some HD mods. The FOV messes up the cutscenes (you can see all the assets left lying out of frame, like multiple versions of the characters waiting for a new camera angle to do their scene) but I don't mind.

Also got Red Faction 3 with a mod that makes the buildings collapse a little more realistically. My car swerved, drifted, rolled and went straight through a buildings wall and exploded. Shockwave blew out the windows, walls shudder and it all came down.

Honestly, considering Origin and the power of the PS3 versus the Xbox 360, I don't know why anyone would bother playing ME on anything other than the 360.

:laugh: Yeah why anyone would bother playing Skyrim on anything other than the PS3  :laugh:

Why would anyone bother playing Skyrim.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 12, 2015, 03:26:19 PM

The f**king thing was tailor made for shooters

It's the best option for console shooters. I'm not trying to be Master Race here, mouse is just superior for aiming. The only shooter I ever chose to play with a controller (aside from Halo, since it was designed for controller) was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, but only because it had some horrible mouse acceleration that you couldn't turn off.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just hate the 360 controller in general. It's sooooo massive, and the placement of the analog sticks is just dumb.

Sabby

Sabby

I think it's the best stock controller out there. I can't play shooters with a Playstation controller. That thing has such an antiquated design.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes, the 360 controller is the best controller I've ever had. I still play my games with the controller from my first ever 360 that I bought back in 2006.

I can't imagine playing games like Splinter Cell or Gears of War with kbd+mouse.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Eh, I miss my 6-button Sega Megadrive controller. 360 pad just doesn't feel right for Primal Rage or Comix Zone.

But yeah, control pad for fighting, sports and top-down action games; mouse + keyboard for shooters and strategy please.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 12, 2015, 05:01:40 PM
I can't imagine playing games like Splinter Cell or Gears of War with kbd+mouse.

Play them that way and you'll see what you've been missing out on ;)

Sabby

Sabby

Eh, it really differs from game to game. Some games that should work fine with keyboard and mouse have menus and functions all made for a controller and get a really poor port. I've seen some gameplay of Splinter Cell: Double Agent that looked pretty clunky, and that's a third person shooter. Plus, with how many games are designed for console first now, the controls have a lot of contextual stuff that really doesn't translate to a keyboard so well. Look at Assassins Creed for example. That series is swimming in context, what's handled with a radial menu or a pressure sensitive trigger ends up being several buttons.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Every 3rd-person shooter I've played on the PC was flawless with M&KB controls. Dead Space was especially seamless and fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed