Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,211 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 10, 2014, 10:15:06 AM
You could have do that before - its called modding .

I know what modding is but I didn't bother looking for addons .

Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 10, 2014, 10:15:06 AM
There's no point of playing the BFG edition really. It doesn't add anything, its just making the game way easier and its cutting various aspects of the engine.

Really?  ??? Didn't know about that . One of the reasons I got the BFG Edition was for the "Lost Mission" pack and "Ressurection of Evil" but I decided to start with Doom 3 just to get a hold of the game mechanics again . Thanks for tellling me about this , I'll look up to it .

EDIT : Played some more and I realized that there's really no difference on the choice I have to make with the distress call . And the game is way brighter than it used to be ( sometimes it screws up the cutscenes but sometimes it makes them even more realistic ) . It's not much of a difference but I'm ok with it .

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Vanilla DOOM 3 is a much better game because you play with an enormous amount of mods. They far elevate the game above whatever the BFG Edition could possibly offer. Realistic Doom 3 is one of them.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Playing The Witcher 2...minor migraine be happening or whatever, and I don't know why I'm not just resting.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Cause vidyagames are fuuun.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Alien Isolation

Just got through the medical deck on my first go without dying.
The Alien left me alone and I left him alone except for when I was closing the elevator at the end, bugger was right outside the door as it closed.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

More MGS3, I looked into the story some more online and some things are starting to make sense now, also this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbFAZ2ztlE#

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Nightlord on Oct 11, 2014, 12:18:45 AM
Alien Isolation

Just got through the medical deck on my first go without dying.
The Alien left me alone and I left him alone except for when I was closing the elevator at the end, bugger was right outside the door as it closed.
You lucky sob. I've died almost twenty times already. I keep throwing distractions and they bounce back towards me, which never ends well.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Why even use those? All you have to do is just keep walking really, unless he's right on top of you. Literally don't stop unless he's about to drop out of a vent near you or running straight at you. Don't even try to go to where the group of humans are. Just go straight into the room with the sleeping androids and you'll be safe. Then, all you have to do is walk all the way to where it tells you, but stay out of the way of the vents.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Alien isolation.

Still not scary, but I like the world.

Best worldbuilding in the franchise since AvP2 back in the day. 

tavianini19

tavianini19

It's scarier if you play in a dark room with noise cancelling headphones in hard and sit really close to the screen.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I just don't scare easy.

tavianini19

tavianini19

I think nerve racking would be a more accurate term. Like, I don't get scared when he sees me and charges, it's more of an "ah man, so much sneaking around for nothing. Dammit."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That's just frustrating.

I save like a mofo.  I did spend like 45 mins earlier today doing shit without saving and then ended up getting whacked and having to restart. 

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 10, 2014, 04:39:46 PM
Realistic Doom 3 is one of them.

Found it . God , they look a lot and sound better than the original , especially the machinegun ( the original one sounded like a BB gun lol ) .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed