Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,186 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jan 27, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 27, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
I started playing DS a few days ago but I got a damn flu so I had to stop and I can't wait to continue. I am just in the beginning though. I just passed the dragon on the bridge, and the rats poisoned me  :laugh: The game is not that hard as everybody is saying. So far I died only 4 times in battle. The game just rely heavily on stats and the high level enemies are tough to deal with. This is the most obvious thing ever. Like that big knight right before the battle with the devil on the bridge - ofc he will kick my ass - his armor, sword and stats are APPARENTLY way higher. Thats not "hard", this is just a sign that my level is not too high to fight with this guy right now. The casuals these days change the definition of everything that was invented years ago :\

Don't forget to upgrade equipment :3 and under no circumstances should you upgrade resistance. It's useless, waste of souls.
To add to this, stamina is one of the best things you can upgrade. Anything is possible with enough stamina.

Sabby

Sabby

I kind of enjoyed playing as a Knight. Loved being able to keep just out of range with my shield up, jabbing with my spear when they recoil off my guard. It was atrocious for bosses though :/ you really needed mobility. Faith was a rather cool magic for a tank though. Especially that area of effect knockdown blast. I combined that with a two handed sword, so I could just leap in, cut down 3 people, then roar and send them all to the ground, then just keep hacking.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Pokemon Y

I now am in possesion of a Braixen, Panpour, Pidgey, Litleo, and Charmander. ;D

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 27, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
I started playing DS a few days ago but I got a damn flu so I had to stop and I can't wait to continue. I am just in the beginning though. I just passed the dragon on the bridge, and the rats poisoned me  :laugh: The game is not that hard as everybody is saying. So far I died only 4 times in battle. The game just rely heavily on stats and the high level enemies are tough to deal with. This is the most obvious thing ever. Like that big knight right before the battle with the devil on the bridge - ofc he will kick my ass - his armor, sword and stats are APPARENTLY way higher. Thats not "hard", this is just a sign that my level is not too high to fight with this guy right now. The casuals these days change the definition of everything that was invented years ago :\

except that knight can be beaten even at low levels by gaurding and dodging at the right moment. :o

The game isn't about stats at all seeing as it's possible to beat without ever upgrading much and is all based on paying attention and your own skills as a player. Hence the fact people have beaten it without shields and as a lvl 1 character.

Sabby

Sabby

Doesn't change the difficulty being based on trial and error (which is the most artificial kind of 'difficulty').

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 27, 2014, 06:16:16 PM
Doesn't change the difficulty being based on trial and error (which is the most artificial kind of 'difficulty').

Being a huge fan of the older Castlevania games which consist of nothing but trial and error, I'll take trial and error over a lot of the things other games call "difficulty" nowadays. :P

Sabby

Sabby

If you want a good example of actually balanced and fair gameplay that's still brutal and challenging, try Ninja Gaiden Black.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 27, 2014, 06:20:39 PM
If you want a good example of actually balanced and fair gameplay that's still brutal and challenging, try Ninja Gaiden Black.

Tried it a few years back at a friends place, never cared for it to be honest. :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

and under no circumstances should you upgrade resistance. It's useless, waste of souls.
Are you sure? The poison effect by the rats seems to be pain in the ass and they are not that big of a deal so I don't even want to think about the badass enemies using poison attacks.

King - maybe he can be beaten but currently I am doing very little dmg to him thats its not worth the hassle, imo. Its like the skeletons at the graveyard when you arrive with the giant crow - they are totally doable but not worth the effort, so you just grab the stuff there and continue without bothering fighting the skeletons  :laugh:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Playing through DOOM II with the Brutal Doom mod....

GODLIKE.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 27, 2014, 06:47:21 PM
and under no circumstances should you upgrade resistance. It's useless, waste of souls.
Are you sure? The poison effect by the rats seems to be pain in the ass and they are not that big of a deal so I don't even want to think about the badass enemies using poison attacks.

King - maybe he can be beaten but currently I am doing very little dmg to him thats its not worth the hassle, imo. Its like the skeletons at the graveyard when you arrive with the giant crow - they are totally doable but not worth the effort, so you just grab the stuff there and continue without bothering fighting the skeletons  :laugh:

Dead positive. Most armors after the beginning area will offer at least some poison resist. Poison is also easily cured by purple moss, which is farmable and purchasable.

The worst possible thing that can happen to you is Curse, and you don't have to worry about that for a bit.

Oh, and before I forget, Join the Sunbros if you're doing a faith build. PRAISE THE SUN!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Ok man! We'll see whats going to happen when I will be able to play again. Right now I can play only some casual games for short period of time because of the flu I cough and sneeze all the time  >:(

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Pokemon Y

I've re-bred my whole team for the competitive battling scene. It was SUCH a pain in the ass. I had to acquire a female Charmander, Snorlax, Axew, Tyrunt and Mareep. After I bred my new Pokemon team, I took them to the potential reader, who proceeded to tell me that they had above average potential. That being good enough for me, I super-trained their stats to the highest potential before finally engaging in normal leveling, which is a grind, no doubt about it.

My current team:

Charmeleon Lv 25 - Powerful Sp. Attacker
Axew Lv 25 - Extremely Offensive Physical Attacker
Snorlax Lv 25 - Self-Sufficient Tank
Flaafy Lv 25 - Both Sp. Attacker and Sp. Defender
Tyrunt Lv 25- Offensive Tank
Mewtwo Lv 78 - Ace in the Hole (Mega Evolution)

Sabby

Sabby

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 28, 2014, 08:23:53 AM
Right now I can play only some casual games

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Pokemon Y

EEVEE!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Now I just need to evolve you into a Sylveon. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed