Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:57:02 PM
I guess I can put up with a few dance numbers if I can get my elephant man.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:54:12 PM
@Local Trouble

Even Neill Blomkamp wanted to take Elephant Man from you. Noah Hawley's your only hope now. It's fated to be this way.
Alien Films / Re: Alien returning to theater...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 10:50:36 PM
Glad to hear it did well! The re-issue have never been busy for me that I can remember.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:48:37 PM
"I can only get behind his redemption if I don't know what he did wrong in the first place" and "I like the nihilistic tone and oppressive atmosphere" just don't gel.

It's not that it's controversial. It just demonstrates a lack of emotional maturity by trying to make uncomfortable things more palatable.

Quote from: SM on Today at 10:44:09 PMApparently 'Show us a little leadership' means 'We're completely fine painting the walls with highly flammable goop in the dark', and Dillon should immediately defer to Ripley for everything because who needs drama and conflict eh?
Yeah I never had a problem with that line. He says show us leadership, not "we're your slaves".
Last post by SM - Today at 10:44:09 PM
Apparently 'Show us a little leadership' means 'We're completely fine painting the walls with highly flammable goop in the dark', and Dillon should immediately defer to Ripley for everything because who needs drama and conflict eh?

He probably could've sourced Aaron's audio about vent shaft 17 from the workprint too.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:40:39 PM
Because it upsets him! >:(
Last post by SM - Today at 10:35:26 PM
Let's pretend the TC actually sacrifices character development; why cut more?
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 10:34:49 PM
I always perceived Dillon as being his own harshest judge.  Kinda like this:

Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:31:52 PM
He replied to a comment of mine commending him on the effort, after reading about the changes I wrote this:

"Well let me say this then, I think you are making a mistake by cutting aspects of characters out that makes them unpleasant people. Dillon must have a specific heinous thing to his name, otherwise the character not only loses his texture, but also the redemption becomes nullified if he gets redeemed for vagueries.

I do not believe you should make any controversial changes, especially if it is fundamentally antithetical to what the creators had created.

I can understand cutting the Egg and Facehugger from the opening as an example, because they were studio mandated in the opening, not a creative decision...

Or even swapping Ox for Dog, or including the Chestburster, as many have expressed interest in a version of the Assembly Cut with each.

But I am not being hyperbolic when I say editing the characters down to be more comfortable makes this whole effort moot."
Last post by SM - Today at 10:30:14 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 10:24:10 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2018, 05:58:16 AMNo, I'm not into fan-edits, so I'll give it a miss.

Based on the trailer I was almost tempted to give this one a look.

What definition of 'Legacy' is he using here?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed